***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PENN STATE RARE MID-WEEK AFTERNOON IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

This is our worst half of basketball since the last half we played, can Johnson rally the team for an upward trend or have we not yet reached the bottom?
Gonna get worse over the next few games imo.

There are not many times I am happy to be stuck at work....this appears to be one of those times ha.

To the point a few posts above, I also do feel like we have stopped moving the ball on offense. I am sure there are some fancy (expensive) sites out there that track stuff like passes per possession but that would be something that would be interesting to see.

I don't buy the tired argument. For Curry I do moreso, but these are young guys. Do we complain in the NCAA tournament when guys play Friday and Sunday? Come on now...

*I can buy it during the game if these guys are getting pressured up and down the floor like Iowa did a week or so ago to us

I don't buy the tired argument. For Curry I do moreso, but these are young guys. Do we complain in the NCAA tournament when guys play Friday and Sunday? Come on now...
The teams also more than likely had a week off before playing 2 games in 3 days.

This looks like the lack of depth and guys playing a ton of minutes is starting to catch up to them.

It's just impossible to win in this league without players that can rebound and score in the paint. We knew that going in, but it's painful to watch.

Amen.

Part of me, though, is glad this front court deficiency has been so thoroughly exposed in Ben's first season. Perhaps that will motivate him to say "NEVER AGAIN!' in his recruiting going forward. I know some people will say "But, but, the injuries to Fox and Ihnen," but even with those we should have done better than this. Don't ever say "you can't keep 13 players happy." Recruit a full roster and make sure there are enough front court players in case a couple of them go down.

So far these first three minutes of the second half are looking like a prelude to a total collapse.

Looks like the Gophers made some adjustments at 1/2 time.

We are at that point in the season to experiment and to play for next year. Rock bottom.

Halftime adjustments non existent. Pick and roll by Psu.

Love Currys heart and determination but def time for him to move on.

We don't need 6 clanked mid range 2s per game anymore. Stopping shooting man. Sit in the paint and score if you can.

PSU...6 of 8 made baskets have been from layups

Love Currys heart and determination but def time for him to move on.

We don't need 6 clanked mid range 2s per game anymore. Stopping shooting man. Sit in the paint and score if you can.

Completely disagree. Curry is having a tough game. But for everyone of these....he has a game where he's knocking these down.....like on Saturday when we played PSU the first time.

Lawd, Sutherlin is just lost on offense. Can't make a layup.

He is the player on the team who has been most exposed by Big Ten competition. Someone like Daniels wasn't all that great against most competition and Loewe has performed similarly throughout the year but Sutherlin has had the biggest productivity gap between non-conference and conference competition.

Coach did a great job of getting the team to punch early
Once there is a lot of tape of you and people know what the go tos are. It is tough when you don’t have a plan B, C Etc

this team is just bad.
Already surpassed my expectations this year based on the roster.

Top Bottom