***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Why do you think that? This one wasn't any worse than the last one (a little better actually) and he wasn't fired after the last one. He's going to coach out the string. Have patience. It's only 3 more games.
After the last loss we were still first 4 out in brackets. Now we’re way down and out. Might as well give Conroe the BTT and see if you can spark these guys. We’ve got a new coach next year either way.

The exception proving the rule.
No, I was agreeing with u.....Cant win consistently with one great player doing everything.....Early LeBron with Cleveland too.....When Jackson came and Pippen played batman, the bulls became great.

Last 5 games: 37% shooting overall- 26% 3 point shooting. This team is poorly coached and perhaps just not that talented either.

I don’t feel sorry for Carr. It’s basketball and a shot needs to be taken every 30 second regardless of who it is. He gets so much more leash than all the other players do because Richard has no one and I mean no one else who can contribute.

I am not so sure that Carr’s teammates like the hero ball all second half tonight. Granted they didn’t provide much but here were opportunities for Carr to distribute and he did not.
The other 3 guards that play shot 20% tonight. I wouldn’t pass to them either.

I agree with giving Conroe the chance to motivate these guys back into something close to what they were.
Pitino has lost them.

Last 5 games: 37% shooting overall- 26% 3 point shooting. This team is poorly coached and perhaps just not that talented either.
I dont think they are this bad of shooting team but they have no confidence. The 3s they took tonight were mostly wide open.

In fairness to Pitino, being without two starters would be tough for any team to overcome. That said, Nebraska is terrible, and has no interior defense. Yet once again we chucked up a ton of 3s and shockingly missed the majority of them.

If Carr doesn't play the way he did this game would have been an epic blowout for Nebraska.

Next year may be worse than this year regardless of coach.

I dont think they are this bad of shooting team but they have no confidence. The 3s they took tonight were mostly wide open.
Nebraska actually passes well and shoots open 3's. It's fun to watch. We have more talent, but it doesn't matter.

NW 0-13 we give them a win. Neb didn't win a home B1G game for 14 months. We gave them a win.

If there's a lower point to this program I don't know

In fairness to Pitino, being without two starters would be tough for any team to overcome. That said, Nebraska is terrible, and has no interior defense. Yet once again we chucked up a ton of 3s and shockingly missed the majority of them.

If Carr doesn't play the way he did this game would have been an epic blowout for Nebraska.

I think every team in basketball history misses a majority of their 3s over the course of a season.

It looked like a team that has taken on the mentality of the coach....Two starters out?.....How can we compete?

This team can't shoot 3s. If I was coaching against them I would sag off everyone not named Carr and just dare them to shoot.

Also, I've seen Nebraska improving over the last few weeks. They've been giving people some pretty good games. We all knew this was going to be competitive.

I agree with giving Conroe the chance to motivate these guys back into something close to what they were.
Pitino has lost them.
the way Tre and Both played tonight, maybe Hunt should be the Conroy that gets a chance.
Mutaf should have had a little more patience

After the last loss we were still first 4 out in brackets. Now we’re way down and out. Might as well give Conroe the BTT and see if you can spark these guys. We’ve got a new coach next year either way.

That's what you want. That's what I wanted too after Northwestern. Obviously the decision makers have a different strategy. Live with it.

I think every team in basketball history misses a majority of their 3s over the course of a season.

You know what i mean, this is one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the country and yet they take a ton of them.

the way Tre and Both played tonight, maybe Hunt should be the Conroy that gets a chance.
Mutaf should have had a little more patience

Didn't Mutaff sign a pro contract overseas? Maybe he just didn't want to play college basketball in the USA that much.

That's what you want. That's what I wanted too after Northwestern. Obviously the decision makers have a different strategy. Live with it.
I’m fine with it if they don’t. I truly believe there’s potential for him to be let go tomorrow though. If not, ok.

This team can't shoot 3s. If I was coaching against them I would sag off everyone not named Carr and just dare them to shoot.
And that is exactly what they do.

It will be, its a major rebuild for the next coach
If ever there was a year to start over, it's next year. It will be the wild west. 5th/6th year seniors who want to play and need a roster spot, etc. We have zero idea what the roster will look like or how good/bad it will be. If Mash and Robbins stay, that's a base.

transfer portal may be saving grace. Hard to see Robbins staying unless his uncle stays. Can’t imagine Carr is back.
Can he transfer again without sitting out though? I don't see him going NBA yet.

Top Bottom