***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Do you fail to realize that he recruited these guys? They have tired legs at the end of the game. Missed free throws...hmmm. It is roster management!
He did recruit 'em and he might get fired for it. I will live with it either way.

Idiana is a mediocre team with a coach in over his head. MN has a coach with seven years experiencein the BIG.
Oturo is gone. His effort in most of the game was that of indifference.e

Reactions: sal

I am fed up. What a listless collection. Horrible coaching and recruiting. I am not renewing my season tickets. Had them for 37 years. I love the barn but the way this team plays is making me pull out the little hair I have left.

He did recruit 'em and he might get fired for it. I will live with it either way.
The sad thing is if the rosters were managed better the last few years we could have been good. Our teams are always one injury or suspension away form disaster.

I am fed up. What a listless collection. Horrible coaching and recruiting. I am not renewing my season tickets. Had them for 37 years. I love the barn but the way this team plays is making me pull out the little hair I have left.
And this might be the biggest issue Coyle has when making the decision to stay the course or move on. Attendance already an issue and if there is a mass exodus of long tine season ticket holders it makes tough.

We are going to have multiple recruiting prospects in the barn against Nebraska.

It will be totally lifeless and stale.

We are in a box.

The sad thing is if the rosters were managed better the last few years we could have been good. Our teams are always one injury or suspension away form disaster.
No question about it. That is going to be his undoing. He either needed to be fortunate and have Coffey stay and Curry healthy or he needed to have more quality players on the roster. He obviously got neither. Last year if he would have had Carr....that would have been terrific. I don't think IW was ever going to be staying to be a 10 minute per game backup so that was off the table.

If Mashburn were to come here next year, I think he starts at the 2 alongside Carr. We are just so slow on the perimeter with both Willis and Gabe in there. Whoever the coach is next year has a big job in the spring.

And this might be the biggest issue Coyle has when making the decision to stay the course or move on. Attendance already an issue and if there is a mass exodus of long tine season ticket holders it makes tough.
Mass exodus will not move Coyle either way.

Or, in the case of this year, not even an injury away from disaster.

Or, in the case of this year, not even an injury away from disaster.
Way too many games giving up over 70 points, check the enormous amount of loses over 7 years giving up 70 or more. That is coaching.

Mass exodus will not move Coyle either way.

And why do you say that? The most important part of any AD's job is maintaining (or even maximizing) the financial health of the athletic department. Remember, the #1 role of ADs is a business manager.

And why do you say that? The most important part of any AD's job is maintaining (or even maximizing) the financial health of the athletic department. Remember, the #1 role of ADs is a business manager.
Much bigger issues.

What do we have to look forward to next season? When it comes to college BB I kind of look for the 8 player rule of thumb. 8 players who can give you good Big Ten minutes. Players 6, 7 and 8 can bang a bit, spell the starters and a couple of them can shoot. I count 2 such players of the 8 needed. Who knows a couple more might magically emerge, so let us say we will have 4 of the 8 needed. Brutal.

You don’t think the fan base giving up on the coach and the program is an issue the AD would consider?
You don’t think how this season, in particular, and on the whole, is a consideration long before anything else tools?

You most likely sit all game anyway. You won't missed.

Spot on and big donors are turning away. I know several who are reducing gifts and some even giving up seats. It is a huge factor. tens of millions of dollars lost in 7 years of ticket sales missed, donations, endowed scholarships, continued debt service.

Spot on and big donors are turning away. I know several who are reducing gifts and some even giving up seats. It is a huge factor. tens of millions of dollars lost in 7 years of ticket sales missed, donations, endowed scholarships, continued debt service.
Guess Coyle will make a change based on Badgers own words.

Agree. Fans will always come back if things are good. How many Twins "fans" came out of the woodwork this past season?
After about 45 years of drought suddenly after an 8-12 year where nearly every game was close drives all of the fans away? I don't think so. But I think there will be a coaching change.

After about 45 years of drought suddenly after an 8-12 year where nearly every game was close drives all of the fans away? I don't think so. But I think there will be a coaching change.

Remember, if you want a coaching change, you are cheering for them lose.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys at the press conference to introduce the new coach.

What do we have to look forward to next season? When it comes to college BB I kind of look for the 8 player rule of thumb. 8 players who can give you good Big Ten minutes. Players 6, 7 and 8 can bang a bit, spell the starters and a couple of them can shoot. I count 2 such players of the 8 needed. Who knows a couple more might magically emerge, so let us say we will have 4 of the 8 needed. Brutal.

I think that Gabe, Willis, Ihnen, Carr and Williams will all give us good Big Ten minutes. Will Freeman develop? I hope so. Will Mashburn be ready to be one of those guys? I think so- freshman do play. That would be 7. Need three more to be sure we have 8 healthy. Will the next guy or Pitino go out and find a Vince Grier type or will we sign a kid like Walton or someone who can plug and play?

I don't think anyone here thought that Carr would be as good as he has been or that Oturu was going to be ready to be a top ten pick in the draft. Things happen over the summer. Ihnen will develop and he will be able to score off the drive like he can't now. I don't think Gabe will have a year like this again. These guys hung in there every game in a monster 20 game Big Ten season and just could not finish games- they were not far away.

Remember, if you want a coaching change, you are cheering for them lose.
I said I think there will be one. I am not cheering for one. I can accept it either way- as I have said many times. If a new coach is named I will be cheering for him. If he has a tough couple of years- I still will be. You will dump him like a bad habit.

You can decide to help make it a better program by sticking with it for more years or you can give up and quit. That's up to you. I will be sticking with the program, the Gophers and whoever the coach is.

I give every coach three years. Hell, I even gave Brewster three years. LOL

It doesn't always take 7 years to see it, sir!

Top Bottom