***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

You can decide to help make it a better program by sticking with it for more years or you can give up and quit. That's up to you. I will be sticking with the program, the Gophers and whoever the coach is.

I go to two games a year and watch most all of them. I've wanted a new coach for years.

Did I stick with the program? I think I have, but can you verify for me?

Five Toes,

My point was someone being fed up and saying they are giving up their tickets if pitino is back did not warrant your response.

One suggestion though, before you blow it out your ass, learn to use the quote function first.

I go to two games a year and watch most all of them. I've wanted a new coach for years.

Did I stick with the program? I think I have, but can you verify for me?
I don't think you are the type of diehard fan that makes a program work- no. I think you are the type who goes around badmouthing the team and coach when it doesn't go your way. But that is your right.

I don't think you are the type of diehard fan that makes a program work- no. I think you are the type who goes around badmouthing the team and coach when it doesn't go your way. But that is your right.

Criticizing a coach and wanting a new coach makes you a bad fan.

Well, I will say this. You've never criticized a coach in your life or ever wanted a new one for any team you've cheered for. You do rank up there as an all-time fan. LMAO

Maybe I'm the type of fan making the basketball program not work. I'm so sorry, RP. My fault.

Where do I get entertainment like this anywhere else? Seriously, where?

Last edited:

I see little to no coaching issues to this. We are playing hard and missing layups and free throws. Now if you want to blame it on recruiting- okay. The one coaching gaffe I have seen tonight is starting Demir in the second half.
How about practices, player development, and game readiness...whose concern/issue are those?

Remember, if you want a coaching change, you are cheering for them lose.
Yea your the big cheerleader. I believe Pitino has coached himself out of a great job. To continually hammer the point is nuts.

bga1 - the #1 Superfan. Doing his part to make it work ?.

Might explain that 45 year drought.

Yea your the big cheerleader. I believe Pitino has coached himself out of a great job. To continually hammer the point is nuts.

I believe I was countering all who wanted to keep him. The blaming anything and everything but the coach has always made this board fun for me.

Does it bother you that I couldn't have been more right?

I hope you weren't around when they all wanted Brewster gone. It was hammered home day and night. Oh wait, you were one of them!

I believe I was countering all who wanted to keep him. The blaming anything and everything but the coach has always made this board fun for me.

I hope you weren't around when they all wanted Brewster gone. It was hammered home day and night. Oh wait, you were one of them!
I'm always one of them when we have to let a coach go. I find zero joy in turning many lives into turmoil. Money aside it is a very personal thing for a lot of families.

I'm always one of them when we have to let a coach go. I find zero joy in turning many lives into turmoil. Money aside it is a very personal thing for a lot of families.

Are you saying I enjoy it?

Here comes the "go in circles talk" yet again.

Pitino is going to walk away a multi-millionaire, and he'll get another shot somewhere. He got a fair shot and is rich. Turmoil is bit over the top.

We've said we'd keep ours forever. Going to these games is a part of our lives. But it's hard to think about laying down four figures of money for another year of this.
Does Coyle answer emails like Maturi did?

If you are at this stage, then I suggest you record it...in case we win! :) Daniel Oturu is such a pleasure to watch play, I can't miss any games he is in.
Spoiler alert: no need to watch the recording.

After about 45 years of drought suddenly after an 8-12 year where nearly every game was close drives all of the fans away? I don't think so. But I think there will be a coaching change.
Simply meant "if" fans give up tickets/stop watching, they will come back if/when the program starts winning. Did you see how many Twins fans there were last year?

Who are you kidding, it's all that matters, if the perception is that ticket sales will be way down next year he's gone.
Ticket sales have been declining here and all over for college athletics. For years. Who are you kidding?

Then I expect this board is going to get boring for a little while.

I don't think anyone here thought that Carr would be as good as he has been or that Oturu was going to be ready to be a top ten pick in the draft.
I did. Although Dan has out performed expectations even for me. I thought he had the build to be a stud with some extra muscle and would be gone after this season. Carr is what I expected.

Gabe is the biggest disappointment of the season for me. I never thought he would shoot this poorly for the entire season. Willis I have never believed in. No clue what Demir would offer but now I see why I didn't know, he isn't good! Curry is an unknown at this point.

This team could have won more games so easily! Very frustrating. I think the players this season were good enough. There just isn't the coaching necessary to enable kids to perform at the end of games and play clean without turnovers and make their charity shots. However he coaches in practice he isn't putting enough pressure on them to be prepared for the games.

It doesn't always take 7 years to see it, sir!

As George Bernard Shaw once wrote "One doesn't have to eat an entire barrel of apples to know that it is rotten."

Having said that, I think Pitino did well enough in his sixth season to get a 7th season. He just didn't do well enough in his 7th season to get an 8th season.

The man has lead a charmed life up to now. If not for Teague's inexplicable extension that made Pitino prohibitively expensive to fire at that time, he may well have been fired after his 3rd season. He's managed to hang on for 4 years after that but enough is enough and he's no longer too expensive to fire.

This team could have won more games so easily! Very frustrating. I think the players this season were good enough. There just isn't the coaching necessary to enable kids to perform at the end of games and play clean without turnovers and make their charity shots.

Well, agree in part and disagree in part. Yes, I think we need better coaching but we also need better recruiting and player development (of course, those are also part of coaching). I agree with Veritas (above) on this one. You want to have at least two players who are truly good (check), a few more players who are pretty competent on a consistent basis (unchecked), and a few more who are good enough to contribute in more limited minutes (also unchecked).

The players this season WERE NOT good enough. Potentially they may be good enough but they weren't ACTUALLY good enough. As a 3rd offensive option, Gabe was a disaster for most of this conference season. Two years ago, based on his really mediocre stats at Vanderbilt, I said that Willis wasn't good enough to deserve a sit-out scholarship. Early in the season, I thought I might be wrong but, soon enough, he played like his old self. Alihan might have been good enough as an 8th man but he wasn't good enough for the minutes he got. Ihnen certainly has potential and good size; Pitino probably should have been willing to play him bigger minutes as soon as possible and to struggle through the growing pains. Williams has some potential but a negligible offensive game at this point. Omersa plays hard on defense but is undersized, has zero offensive game, and doesn't look like he'll ever have an offensive game. At this point, there is no reason to complain any more about Hurt's shortcomings. Freeman and Greenlee? Well, the fact that they couldn't get minutes on this team pretty much says it all.

Last edited:

Tools has nothing. Owned.

Clueless dimwit - as usual you are wrong.

Who are you kidding, it's all that matters, if the perception is that ticket sales will be way down next year he's gone.

Spot on and big donors are turning away. I know several who are reducing gifts and some even giving up seats. It is a huge factor. tens of millions of dollars lost in 7 years of ticket sales missed, donations, endowed scholarships, continued debt service.

I am fed up. What a listless collection. Horrible coaching and recruiting. I am not renewing my season tickets. Had them for 37 years. I love the barn but the way this team plays is making me pull out the little hair I have left.

Last edited:

Not only are our 2 and 3 unathletic, they are short.

Another thing that I don't get is as a diciple of Donovan and Pitino why don't we have more steals? Why don't we ever trap?
Look at the box score we have 3 steals and 0 blocks.

You might as well have 4-5 slow guys out there who know how to play offense, and defense as best they can like Iowa, Purdue, and Wisconsin does, if you cant use any athleticsm to create turnovers or steals. Feel like our frontcourt players could really trap and press: Oturu, Omersa, Ihnen. But there is no depth.

Like others have said, what's the identity of Pitino? What is the Brand?

Another thing that I don't get is as a diciple of Donovan and Pitino why don't we have more steals? Why don't we ever trap?

You might as well have 4-5 slow guys out there who know how to play offense, and defense as best they can like Iowa, Purdue, and Wisconsin does, if you cant use any athleticsm to create turnovers or steals. Feel like our frontcourt players could really trap and press: Oturu, Omersa, Ihnen. But there is no depth.

Agree 100% I thought last year especially that we could have easily mixed in a 1-3-1 with Amir at top with his length. Probably could have Ihnen this year. I wish Rich would mix up his looks but he seems to think M2M is the best...

That aggressive trapping style just doesn't work in the B1G. Underwood changed his this year too because of it.

Also for size 6'4 as a wing is fine for size in CBB. Iowa starts a wing that's 6'3, same with Wisconsin and Ohio State. Our 6'4 guys (especially Gabe) defend quite well.

Well, agree in part and disagree in part. Yes, I think we need better coaching but we also need better recruiting and player development (of course, those are also part of coaching). I agree with Veritas (above) on this one. You want to have at least two players who are truly good (check), a few more players who are pretty competent on a consistent basis (unchecked), and a few more who are good enough to contribute in more limited minutes (also unchecked).

The players this season WERE NOT good enough. Potentially they may be good enough but they weren't ACTUALLY good enough. As a 3rd offensive option, Gabe was a disaster for most of this conference season. Two years ago, based on his really mediocre stats at Vanderbilt, I said that Willis wasn't good enough to deserve a sit-out scholarship. Early in the season, I thought I might be wrong but, soon enough, he played like his old self. Alihan might have been good enough as an 8th man but he wasn't good enough for the minutes he got. Ihnen certainly has potential and good size; Pitino probably should have been willing to play him bigger minutes as soon as possible and to struggle through the growing pains. Williams has some potential but a negligible offensive game at this point. Omersa plays hard on defense but is undersized, has zero offensive game, and doesn't look like he'll ever have an offensive game. At this point, there is no reason to complain any more about Hurt's shortcomings. Freeman and Greenlee? Well, the fact that they couldn't get minutes on this team pretty much says it all.

I agree. I would only add that I am mystified that some fans had or have high hopes for Currie this season or next. Is he really going to return to his freshman potential? I sure did not see that in his limited minutes late last season. If he does, great.

Apparently your happy with the present team. I do watch Iowa and they do occassionally run a trap. It doesnt mean we are running it all game. Are you good with 3 steals a game?

Other than Omesa, who is short but athletic we have no muscle on this team. Carr is built ok, but Willis isn't, neither is Demir. When you play small and playing a 6-4 guy at SF your lineup is small, you hope to be more athletic and quicker, our team isn't.

That aggressive trapping style just doesn't work in the B1G. Underwood changed his this year too because of it.

Also for size 6'4 as a wing is fine for size in CBB. Iowa starts a wing that's 6'3, same with Wisconsin and Ohio State. Our 6'4 guys (especially Gabe) defend quite well.

Apparently your happy with the present team. I do watch Iowa and they do occassionally run a trap. It doesnt mean we are running it all game. Are you good with 3 steals a game?

Other than Omesa, who is short but athletic we have no muscle on this team. Carr is built ok, but Willis isn't, neither is Demir. When you play small and playing a 6-4 guy at SF your lineup is small, you hope to be more athletic and quicker, our team isn't.
This is a pretty slow team. Carr is quick and shifty but not fast. Gabe is slow, Willis is slow. Demir is s-l-o-w. Oturu is quick for his position for sure. Ihnen is athletic and fast as I think will be Mitchell and Mashburn. But this team has had trouble getting any fast breaks all year or any steals and they get beat to most loose balls. Williams is tough with I'd say average D1 athleticism and speed.

Top Bottom