***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I lurk here and rarely post but had to come and make one point, did anyone else notice how much heart and hustle these kids brought to this game tonight IN SPITE of their teammates screwing up (forgive the pun)?

We might still lose this game given the walk on a and such but don't say thr other kids don't have heart and character.

Thank you now I am going back to watch the game.

I lurk here and rarely post but had to come and make one point, did anyone else notice how much heart and hustle these kids brought to this game tonight IN SPITE of their teammates screwing up (forgive the pun)?

We might still lose this game given the walk on a and such but don't say thr other kids don't have heart and character.

Excellent point. These guys look great tonight.

Wonder what the Illinois in game thread looks like right now. Guessing a lot of #FireGroce

Dumb foul on Murphy. Can't have him get into foul trouble tonight.

I wonder how the suspensions feel about the halftime score? And how they will feel if these players tonight run out of gas down the stretch?

Great first half. However, I would offer the NW game in the Hoff PG year as a cautionary tale. The weird line-up worked for a half...and then never again.

Call me crazy, but Stephon Sharp has more of the look of a scholarship player than Gilbert does. I just don't see in Gilbert what others see.

Did I read this right; "Illinois has beaten Minnesota 27 out of the last 32 times they have played" That can't be right?

Sharp has done well, but he's shaky on the dribble. I expect more pressure by Illinois in the 2nd. I'm happy with the effort by these kids though.

I wonder how the suspensions feel about the halftime score? And how they will feel if these players tonight run out of gas down the stretch?

Hopefully like ****. That's why they are suspended. Hopefully the team guts it out and they all learn from this with a win too.

Are the 3 sitting at the end of the bench? From a distance thought I saw Mason...Or didn't they make the trip?

Good post. This team has gone through a 14 game losing streak, had a senior kicked off the team, and now the suspensions. Add in how young this team and I think it would have been easy for this team to give up.

ok... I'm sure this will surprise you all... I'm drinking.

Without a doubt, this is a tribute to Pitino and the depth of preparation and skills he brings to his team. No one could have predicted this - no one.

I want to move on to other matters, but I need to praise Sharp. WOW! There is absolutely no walk on EVER like Sharp. EVER. EVER. EVER. Sharp needs to be considered as a starter. Period. The guy can play, and we're lucky to have him. Hats off to SHARP!

To the individuals that put us in this situation: you need to grow up. You're all good guys, but you need to think about what is important about life (and I'm talking about family/kids/God), and what is good for the team. Honestly, guys, there's a life not *that* far off of where you think happiness is hidden that, in fact, holds happiness. GROW.

Missed most the first half, shocked Illinois isn't pressing us every possession.

ok... I'm sure this will surprise you all... I'm drinking. Without a doubt, this is a tribute to Pitino and the depth of preparation and skills he brings to his team. No one could have predicted this - no one. I want to move on to other matters, but I need to praise Sharp. WOW! There is absolutely no walk on EVER like Sharp. EVER. EVER. EVER. Sharp needs to be considered as a starter. Period. The guy can play, and we're lucky to have him. Hats off to SHARP! To the individuals that put us in this situation: you need to grow up. You're all good guys, but you need to think about what is important about life (and I'm talking about family/kids/God), and what is good for the team. Honestly, guys, there's a life not *that* far off of where you think happiness is hidden that, in fact, holds happiness. GROW.

CHEERS TD!!

Are the 3 sitting at the end of the bench? From a distance thought I saw Mason...Or didn't they make the trip?

They were going to lock them in their hotel rooms and have an assistant coach or two stand guard but that would be like suspending coaches as well

What a half for Murphy! He was killing their entire front line.

Top Bottom