***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT FLORIDA STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Coffey should be well rested for the 2nd half

A little out of control there at the end of the half. Need to stay composed. Get good shots.

Impressive defense though.

Hope I can catch the second half of the football game.......brutal officiating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ugly by both teams. Ugly reffing. Still ahead. I'll take it.

Konate is MVP of that half. He stepped up big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to have the lead. We need to win this thing. It would be great if we could start 8-0 after only having won 8 all of last year.

Nice half but I don't think we saw FSU really get rolling offensively. We need to be prepared for when that really kicks in and be able to weather the storm. Keep the fouls down and keep our best players on the court. Seemed to be some good minutes from Konate there.

Curry looking good, defense looking ok, both teams heading for foul trouble in the second half, interesting game.

I don't have a problem with the foul calls. They have been evenly distributed. No one is one pace to foul out, so it's not like foul trouble is guaranteed next half.

Nice half but I don't think we saw FSU really get rolling offensively. We need to be prepared for when that really kicks in and be able to weather the storm. Keep the fouls down and keep our best players on the court. Seemed to be some good minutes from Konate there.

Our offense really didn't get rolling either. I like that Pitino sat our guys when in foul trouble and bridged the gap for 8 minutes or so.

It's probably been mentioned,but real nice half by Konate. 5pts, 4 boards, a block a steal. Good to see!

Oops just read up higher.

For all this talk that the Gophers are only a 7-deep team, Gilbert and Konate, two guys that played significant minutes last season, really held up that half. good for them

It's probably been mentioned,but real nice half by Konate. 5pts, 4 boards, a block a steal. Good to see!

Oops just read up higher.

+1

Every good minute from Konate is a gift. But we're starting to see some consistent capacity to step up and contribute. Good work by Pitino. Seeing him manage good minutes against a big team bodes well for the BT season.

Konate is MVP of that half. He stepped up big time.

I've been really tough on Konate in the past....but he looks much better than last year. I'm sure some of that has to do with logging less minutes.....but he looks FAR more coordinated than last year. He''s actually going up strong and coming down with rebounds without fumbling them. Several nice blocks as well. As far as free throw shooting goes....he has a pretty nice stroke.

We've got some depth on this team. The NCAA tournament is not out of reach this year.

Really happy for Konate. Positive attitude and a hard worker. Hope we get the W, he has already been instrumental.

Using game tracker and radio paired. Funny when game tracker tips you off to what will happen and then the announcers call the play.

FSU's size is amazing. It makes it tough to get much inside. It's not often you can make 7 shots in the first half and have the lead. We need to move the ball quicker on the pass in the second half.

I've been really tough on Konate in the past....but he looks much better than last year. I'm sure some of that has to do with logging less minutes.....but he looks FAR more coordinated than last year. He''s actually going up strong and coming down with rebounds without fumbling them. Several nice blocks as well. As far as free throw shooting goes....he has a pretty nice stroke.

We've got some depth on this team. The NCAA tournament is not out of reach this year.

Jeeze you just got my Gopher to perk up... let's take this a bit slower and get through the game.

FSU's size is amazing. It makes it tough to get much inside. It's not often you can make 7 shots in the first half and have the lead. We need to move the ball quicker on the pass in the second half.

#50 looks like he is chiseled out of stone or marble.

Go Gophers!!

We even had a Stephon Sharp sighting. I'll be happier the less often that has to occur, but none of our reserves hurt us. To be fair, Konate could be a very important cog this year as long as he doesn't have to play crunch time minutes. Happy to have a lead. Go Gophers!

I don't have a problem with the foul calls. They have been evenly distributed. No one is one pace to foul out, so it's not like foul trouble is guaranteed next half.
you are correct in that no one is on pace, but in the second, more tense, and perhaps tired just a suspicion

Only following the score on ESPN.com, but if Konate could turn into an Andre Ingram, that would be huge.

Seems every time we play them they're huge!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom