***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT FLORIDA STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I think everyone will give you that he isn't a great outside shooter. To suggest he shouldn't take those shots unless he's wide open is ridiculous.

Depends on your definition of wide open, but no I do not think he should be taking anything from beyond 12 feet where he is contested in any way. He should always drive it to the hoop in those situations. He's way more effective doing that

Agree 100%.

Am a firm believer the Gophers should schedule 2 true road games every season. Would gladly sacrifice one of our home soft pastries for an additional true road game. There will still be more than enough home games in November & December. Doesn't even have to be a major-conference opponent.

In fact, I'd prefer it be a mid-major, like Indiana did with Fort Wayne. For the betterment of college basketball the major programs need to play straight-up home & homes with the smaller schools. Won't happen unless the NCAA steps in, but that's why I respect the major schools (a very select few) that play a mid- or small-major on the road.

YES. Would love to see an annual game with Marquette or Creighton where we alternate home court. And an away game like UWGB or Northern Iowa each year would help a ton. (Not even wanting to bring up South Dakota State yet, but they would fit the bill as well.) Could probably name 10+ mid-majors I'd rather play in an away game than another home game against NJIT or LIU Brooklyn. Would help our SOS a lot more than some would think too

2017-18 non-conference schedule like this would be fine

This assumes the Gophers don't play in a bracketed exempt event (Pitino's preference), and that no they are not in Dave Gavitt Games in 2017-18.

Home (10)
1 ACC Challenge opponent

1 Start of home & home with Power 6/high major, opponents the likes of Cincinnati, Gonzaga, Kansas State, Ole Miss, Pitt, Providence, Stanford.

5 games vs. opponents expected to be in top 150-200.

3 cupcakes vs. teams expected to be around 250, but no 300+ opponents.

Road (2)
1 @ Arkansas (will be back end of home & home).

2 Start of home & home with non-Power 6, the likes of Akron, BYU, North Dakota State, Saint Mary's, San Diego State, South Dakota State, Valparaiso, Wichita State.

Neutral Site (1) (doesn't have to be Sioux Falls)
Pitino likes to play one every year, he can pick. Like what he's done so far with the neutral site opponents in Sioux Falls, Oklahoma State and Vandy both traditionally solid programs.

Top Bottom