***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Major mental mistakes, horrendous execution, bad preparedness, poor coaching....let's hope they got all of this out of their system in this half. You cannot play like this against any Big Ten team and expect to win. We are not playing the likes of South Dakota State or Georgia Southern. Here's hoping for a monumental comeback victory in the second half. Hey we owe Michigan a few of those.

1. Untouched 70 yard TD run
  2. Scoop and Score TD
  3. Squib kick returned inside 10
  4. Failed fake punt

4 catastrophe plays in one half. 2 were related to kickers missing. 2 looked like miscommunication.

Need a TD on the 1st drive and then some turnovers.

Really hope the K/P were only suspended for a half.

Michigan, up 18, desperately trying to score in final seconds before the half. That's a coach and team that want to win. Four plays produced four Wolverine scores: a kickoff return, one long run from scrimmage (where was the safety?), a fumble in the air (blocking assignment missed), and the genuinely foolish fake punt call.

Wow punters and kickers are important, defense is playing shorthanded everytime with field position

2. Scoop and Score TD
  4. Failed fake punt

4 catastrophe plays in one half. 2 were related to kickers missing. 2 looked like miscommunication.
Mich with 5 TD and only 1 of them needed more than 4 plays to score

I was going to come on here at halftime and complain about the fake punt. Then I saw the real punt...

Long term I am very worried about this defense. We look S L O W and weak out there which is not a good combination. Obviously Michigan has elite talent, but if we were competent against the run and screen/short pass game, we could at least see if their new QB could make some plays.

I can't say I am disappointed, beacuse I didn't know what to expect. But I am angry that we get a marquee prime time game and 1. We're getting killed. 2. The B topic is how cold it is and 3. The C topic is how pathetic our program has been going 4-41 against Michigan.

I thought I heard someone say he is hurt too. There is no way a guy who averages 40 yards a kick just suddenly can only kick 20 so something must be wrong.

On the first kick off they said he was battling an injury.

I guess this game made history in that this was the first All Black officiating team for the Big 10. This is long over due. I would have guess something like this would have happened years ago. Kind of sad.

On the offensive and defensive line the gophers look slower than Michigan. And even with all the wacky plays, that’s the difference

We get the ball back to start the 2nd half. If we don’t score....I’m turning off the TV

I thought it couldn’t get worse but then the radio has conzemius.

4 scoring drives under 29 yards. Can't have it. But that also doesn't mean it will be this way the rest of the game, or the rest of the season.

2. Scoop and Score TD
  4. Failed fake punt

Yeah....there's no reason to think that this is something that can't be fixed.

Joe Rossi is going to have a lot of work to do this year with the D.

Only one half of football on the season but with COVID screwing up spring & summer practice the D with a number of inexperienced players in the lineup clearly isn’t ready for this.

I was going to come on here at halftime and complain about the fake punt. Then I saw the real punt...

Long term I am very worried about this defense. We look S L O W and weak out there which is not a good combination. Obviously Michigan has elite talent, but if we were competent against the run and screen/short pass game, we could at least see if their new QB could make some plays.

I can't say I am disappointed, beacuse I didn't know what to expect. But I am angry that we get a marquee prime time game and 1. We're getting killed. 2. The B topic is how cold it is and 3. The C topic is how pathetic our program has been going 4-41 against Michigan.
Every fan should feel duped by PJ's optimism before the season when he knew what the roster was going to be in this game.

They aren't saying, and if it's Covid, they likely can't.

HIPAA places absolutely no restrictions on anyone not involved with providing health care to individuals. Not sure if FERPA would apply.

What about Gelecinskyj or Dragan Kesich on kick-offs (and punts?). One must be able to kick deeper than we saw in first half.

Are there bowl games this year? Do we still need 6 wins, even with the smaller schedule?

If nothing else, I would be happy beating Iowa and Wisconsin this year.

Top Bottom