***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Can't speculate as to the reasons, but we seem to be missing a lot of players.

RG
RT
OLB
OLB
K
P
possibly 1-2 backup CB's???

No Fr. ready to play other than the Anoka LB (had to play)

Michigan obviously is very aggressive and very talented on defense.

Our defense...a work in progress. Milton adds a difficult dimension.

No more rowing the boat with the Wolverines

Your HC needs to strap on 3 250 HP engines on the back of your offensive and defensive boats, run these B@$t@rds over and shred them with the props!

I was going to come on here at halftime and complain about the fake punt. Then I saw the real punt...

Long term I am very worried about this defense. We look S L O W and weak out there which is not a good combination. Obviously Michigan has elite talent, but if we were competent against the run and screen/short pass game, we could at least see if their new QB could make some plays.

I can't say I am disappointed, beacuse I didn't know what to expect. But I am angry that we get a marquee prime time game and 1. We're getting killed. 2. The B topic is how cold it is and 3. The C topic is how pathetic our program has been going 4-41 against Michigan.
Let's hope that topic 1. after the game is MNs monumental comeback victory!

4 scoring drives under 29 yards. Can't have it. But that also doesn't mean it will be this way the rest of the game, or the rest of the season.
Ummmm....what?

2 scoring drives 29 yards or under.
1 fumble return
1 77 yard drive
1 70 yard drive

I guess this game made history in that this was the first All Black officiating team for the Big 10. This is long over due. I would have guess something like this would have happened years ago. Kind of sad.
Not sure what the racial breakdown of referees is but if you pick 7 random Americans, there's about a 1 in 1.3 million chance that all 7 will be black.

Even if black people are twice as likely to be football refs than anyone else, the odds of having 7 of 7 picked at random being black is about 1 in 10,000.

With 63 Big Ten games a year plus a handful of non-conference games with Big Ten officials, it's not surprising or sad.

Are there bowl games this year? Do we still need 6 wins, even with the smaller schedule?

If nothing else, I would be happy beating Iowa and Wisconsin this year.
Iowa, even at home, will be a challenge if we play like this. We can write off any win at Madison - their new QB is terrific, they have a great offensive line as usual, and they can run the ball, too. Gophers will be lucky to win 4 this year.

Every fan should feel duped by PJ's optimism before the season when he knew what the roster was going to be in this game.

I put no blame on PJ on this. This entire season is going to be an unpredictable shit show for everyone. I'm just happy we get to see college football at all.

I've been a fan of this team for about 42 years, and I've been as negative as anyone about them (why have I put myself through this?) But I have no expectations for any team in the country this year. Well, except maybe Clemson.

I haven't seen any team college or pro do more sideline talking in the silent stadiums than the Gophers.

I know there's a lot of time left but I don't get the lack of urgency.

They don't need to go no huddle for the rest of the game but if they keep running the play clock under 5 seconds there isn't much room for error.

Ummmm....what?

2 scoring drives 29 yards or under.
1 fumble return
1 77 yard drive
1 70 yard drive

My bad, those numbers are correct. But the 70 yard 'drive' was 1 run up the middle where they were obviously confused.

Only one real drive of 77 yards by the Michigan O. Their scoring plays feel a little like the GSU game last year. Not good, and they have to clean it up. But it's also not quite as bad as it looks on the scoreboard.

I put no blame on PJ on this. This entire season is going to be an unpredictable shit show for everyone. I'm just happy we get to see college football at all.

I've been a fan of this team for about 42 years, and I've been as negative as anyone about them (why have I put myself through this?) But I have no expectations for any team in the country this year. Well, except maybe Clemson.
What about Alabama?

If we can score here things get interesting if the d wakes up.

Offense still looks strong, the defense will decide how good we are this year.

Top Bottom