***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA BIG TEN HOME OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I will continue to insist that this team needs to hold the opponent under 60 to win, and we would be winning if that were the pace tonight. Where you at Thorson?! Doesn't help that they have made several dumb turnovers on offense as well

I really don’t care for waiting until the last second to take a shot at half. Seems like all we ever end up with is a forced bad shot.

I fear that Paynes' time here is going to be wasted... we have no shooters. Battle has regressed from last year. Cooper the worst scoring guard I've seen
Should cross this out because seems to not be entirely true. 12 points at half.
*worst free throw shooting guard?

I seem to say it every game. What does Henley do positively? He looks like a D1 athlete but has the basketball skills of an NAIA player.

This game has been a total embarrassment. Can't play defense, can't score, missed ft, turnovers. And all the while Ben sits there seemingly as happy as can be. Maybe a little fire? I don't know why anyone would pay to watch this product.

I will continue to insist that this team needs to hold the opponent under 60 to win, and we would be winning if that were the pace tonight. Were you at Thorson?! Doesn't help that they have made several dumb turnovers on offense as well
They are clueless on defensive. I still doubt they could get enough stops to keep a team under 60 regardless of pace.

Last edited:

Gave up 30 points in the fist ten minutes. Woof.
The Wolves can't stop anyone either. The basketball in this state has been horrific for decades.

I just don't know what to say anymore.

This is one of the more winnable games on the conference schedule...unless they're able to add themselves to their schedule.

Can still come back in this one.

I seem to say it every game. What does Henley do positively? He looks like a D1 athlete but has the basketball skills of an NAIA player.

This game has been a total embarrassment. Can't play defense, can't score, missed ft, turnovers. And all the while Ben sits there seemingly as happy as can be. Maybe a little fire? I don't know why anyone would pay to watch this product.

Henley was likely far more talented than his competition in HS and was able to get away with being a primary ball handler. But he's 6'7". Going to take some time to get used to this level. Not going to get away with being the most talented player on the court. He'll learn.

This is one of the more winnable games on the conference schedule...unless they're able to add themselves to their schedule.

Can still come back in this one.

The winnable games are going to be the ones where the opposing team shoots under 30% from three. We won't win games when they shoot 45-50%

Henley was likely far more talented than his competition in HS and was able to get away with being a primary ball handler. But he's 6'7". Going to take some time to get used to this level. Not going to get away with being the most talented player on the court. He'll learn.
Agreed, I think his starting days should be over for this season though. I like his potential, but he just isn't a show up year 1 and be ready kind of guy. Carrington looks at this point to be more ready to handle bigger minutes.

47 is a lot of points.

Battle, Payne and Carrington with 2 fouls each. Need them to stay clean c

Now that is how you start a second half. Good Gawd

What are we running on offense??? This looks like a rec league

What did they go over during halftime?

Great start to the second half! Take a bad shoot, turn it over twice.

Top Bottom