***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

As stated at halftime, your choice is to replace your QB who was obviously not able to play satisfactorily today, or lose. Fleck and company, for whatever reason, chose LOSE. I don’t understand it.
This is not all on Morgan...he wasn't great but he wasn't the main problem. This one starts and ends with the play of the offensive line. That group had a brutal game. Especially Schlueter.

This is how it's always gonna be fellas... when you rely on your assistant coaches. Talent (recruiting) only goes so far. We are more talented than Illinois. Zero creativity on offense. Zero balls to take out Morgan when he's rattled. Defense settled down, they only scored 14 points and beat us easily... not good.

I honestly think changes will be made after this. Nothing to back it up other than hope and knowing the pressure of winning trumps friendship.

Let me guess, Illinois is a young team, also.

Gopher sports: Where mediocrity earns you a lifetime coaching career

This is how it's always gonna be fellas... when you rely on your assistant coaches. Talent (recruiting) only goes so far. We are more talented than Illinois. Zero creativity on offense. Zero balls to take out Morgan when he's rattled. Defense settled down, they only scored 14 points and beat us easily... not good.
Fucking Sanford is just clueless. He only has few plays. If not working. Awwshugggg. Then throw stupid wordsalds at the presser. People still eat it up. Please don't tell me we don't have effing talents or skill to beat first year coach at Illini. It is on PJ also as he allows this doo doo to stick around way too long.

This is not all on Morgan...he wasn't great but he wasn't the main problem. This one starts and ends with the play of the offensive line. That group had a brutal game. Especially Schlueter.
It was a game of matchups in the Fighting Illini's favor.

Well, this takes the pressure off the Iowa and Wisconsin games.
As crazy as it is to say it right now we still 100% control our own destiny. And the West has been so screwy this year, anything can happen.

I was planning for a somewhat easy win.........and then watching Iowa and Wisconsin and cheering like hell for Rutgers and Northwestern.

I now give two shits about either game.
Well, like I said this team took it to PSU. It may be a battle of attrition now. Illinois can win the division title by winning out.

If there are no changes I will be very disappointed in PJ.
Get ready to be disappointed. He RARELY makes any changes and it will be very interesting to see how this absolute fail is explained.

The first 2 series by each team set the tone for the entire game. They were dominated on each side in those series.

Morgan is not the QB who can scramble to make plays. He works well with RPO quick lease pass and those types of plays. Occasionally makes D pays when they try to bliz. Yet our illustrious OC and HC think we don't need to change a thing. Wow is the word.

Sanford is full of shit as OC. not saying we have talents like we did in 2019. But losing to that Illini team. How many times did Rossi and D bail them out throughout this season?

Sanford is full of shit as OC. not saying we have talents like we did in 2019. But losing to that Illini team. How many times did Rossi and D bail them out throughout this season?
I wonder if Sanford doesn't understand the RPO offense that that's why we've gotten away from it?

You know, it’s lost what the defense did in this game. Held Illinois to 265 yards after giving up 14 points in the first quarter. They played their ass off after that. Gave us a chance to win the game and this offense can’t come up with anything under Sanford.

The spike after the big play was confusing. Seems like there was time to run a play without needing to clock it.

Top Bottom