***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The strive for 5!! Who stands in the way? Mr 2 Point Conversion. Once a Badger, always a Badger. This Illini team does not belong on the field with us. We are better, deeper, more athletic, and better coached.

This is shaping up to be a special season, and that continues vs Illini. Do not let them hang around. Go for knock out early, go for meaningless 2 points late.

GET ‘ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be very happy (and even more surprised) if PJ goes for a garbage time 2-pt conversion on top of our 3 touchdown lead.

"You know what? If we're playing and somebody is going to go for two against me because they're up 25, that's what they should do, that's what the card says," Bielema said.

PSU has an inferior OL to the Gophers. Outside of early season frustrations the only opposing teams I really worry about are teams that have a top 25 defense and a good OL. I think this Illini game plays out similar to the NW game.

This game makes me nervous. The Illini team is very similar to the Gophers. There is a reason why they pulled an upset against PSU.
They don't have a good OL. They'll give up probably 6+ TFL tomorrow. (Might be less if we have the ball for 40 minutes =-)

This game makes me nervous. The Illini team is very similar to the Gophers. There is a reason why they pulled an upset against PSU.
If we start a quarterback as hobbled as Clifford was and suddenly can't run the ball we'll have the same reasons Penn State lost.

I’ll say what I said to my dad when we walked into the Maryland game and what I said in last weeks official thread…this will be a blowout.

My chili is Carolina Reaper hot!!!!!

Brock A practicing fair catching punts right now on the field. I’m not even joking.
Worth it. It's critical to judge guys coming at you when punt's in the air. Go or fair catch is split second decision. Brock is a smart kid and has done a nice job

I’m calling a shutout today. Just announced the starting D and named 7 linemen, 4 LBs and 6 DBs. How is anyone going to score on that?

1636213445640.png

This game is straight up on ESPN's Streak for the Cash. Usually props are 50/50 (outside of first couple days of the month with easy greens to get you going). The fact that this is straight up, the Illinois defense hasn't given up more than 24 points the last six games (according to the Star Tribune), etc. has me worried. Plus, a lot of time, games like this the Streakmaster, who makes the props, knows something we don't. I'm sure there's some insider information/bad news for the Gophers we are unaware of. Plus, games like this are an easy trap with people not doing research on the teams, etc. and just picking the team at home, with a ranking and better record by their name. Not to mention starting our 5th string RB, no special teams kicker or returner, etc. all have the making of Bowling Green 2.0. I hope I am wrong, but this game looks and feels like it will be a huge letdown and big loss. It has much more worried than Northwestern last week.

Shit!. Just saw the first of a long line of commercials with that blonde dork with the blonde dog selling insurance.

Top Bottom