*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS/WOLVERINES IN-GAME THREAD ***

I don't mind the conservative last 90 seconds of play. With the Gophers style of play, I'm afraid that more negative possibilities were out there than positive ones. We are not a come-from-behind kind of team, so lets not make any foolish mistakes. I'd rather see them continue to grind it out. Thats what won us the first 4 games (and almost beat Texas tech last December).

throw it on deep on 2nd tho. incomplete and we still can run out the clock as mich can't stop it on 3rd down. very low risk w/ very high reward imo

I don't mind the conservative last 90 seconds of play. With the Gophers style of play, I'm afraid that more negative possibilities were out there than positive ones. We are not a come-from-behind kind of team, so lets not make any foolish mistakes. I'd rather see them continue to grind it out. Thats what won us the first 4 games (and almost beat Texas tech last December).

If you think we are going to shutdown Michigan in the second half, your kidding yourself. We will have to score a minimum of 21 points in the second half to win. Conservative football will not work here like it did against the "little sisters of the poor" we played previously.

Wasn't the decision to throw at the end of the bowl game against Texas Tech last year criticized? That's what led to Texas Tech's game winning field goal. I totally understand the desire to see the team take a couple shots down the field with a minute and a half left in the half, but I thought the throw that cost us the bowl game was heavily criticized on this board because it was too risky.

Jones can't be our punt returner. The reward of his being dangerous with the ball in his hands is more than balanced out by the fact that he has to get up and catch the ball. Pussy effort by our punter and the next time Claeys comes out with the three man rush, which hasn't worked all year, someone up in the booth needs to slap the sh=t out of him.
+2 You can't let punts drop and he does it often.

A turnover and piss poor punt gives them 14 pts. We score on a long drawn out drive with imagination, and Limegrover reverts back to an offense more vanilla than vanilla....... I just don't get it.

I think the inability to catch the punt and then having it roll inside the 1 contributed as well.

this first possession coming out of the half is where we will either lose the game or push to win it...

Wasn't the decision to throw at the end of the bowl game against Texas Tech last year criticized? That's what led to Texas Tech's game winning field goal. I totally understand the desire to see the team take a couple shots down the field with a minute and a half left in the half, but I thought the throw that cost us the bowl game was heavily criticized on this board because it was too risky.

You are spot on, Cayman. But you need to realize that all of the self anointed experts here reserve the right to complain about everything and change their minds on the complaining at any time.

It is all about the situation. Down 7 and knowing they get the ball first you need to try and do something. Start of the 2nd will be huge because if they drive down and score another TD it could make it really tough on our offense.

Been seeing it all year but it is still amazing to see a Michigan team with so few great skill guys and playmakers. Can totally understand now how Akron and Uconn were able to hang with them.

That last series was the coaches saying to the team "you guys suck and we should be glad we're this close, we'll just play it safe and pray for a miracle because again, you guys suck and we can't then play to win"

I wonder how dude who said a passing game is overrated feels now...

You are spot on, Cayman. But you need to realize that all of the self anointed experts here reserve the right to complain about everything and change their minds on the complaining at any time.

Yup...sure do. And you reserve the right to point out to us at every opportunity that the team is perfect and the staff can do no wrong. So yeah, let's just all keep doin what we're doing an dmove along.

Kill can't even call the team at halftime? Wow....
Why would he? I think when you delegate leadership to your coordinators at the start of the game, you want to provide that authority for the entire game. In my opinion, it would just be confusing to the players in the locker room. I think it was a good decision by Kill.

Yup...sure do. And you reserve the right to point out to us at every opportunity that the team is perfect and the staff can do no wrong. So yeah, let's just all keep doin what we're doing an dmove along.

MGG, I have never said anything resembling what you accused me of. All I have said is all of the perpetual complaining serves no useful purpose.

MGG, I have never said anything resembling what you accused me of. All I have said is all of the perpetual complaining serves no useful purpose.

Well said, good Doctor!

No doubt that it doesn't help the team, but people come here to discuss the football team. That includes good and bad. Can we agree that they sometimes make bad plays? That the coaches call bad plays? That the team is not perfect? OK...well them some amount of criticism is warranted, even if it doesn't directly impact the results of the game. Anyway, just MHO...

that honestly was just an extremely unlucky bounce. felt our PR played it right in that you don't want to rush up into traffic to field, risking a TO, but ya that was brutal

There is this new rule called a fair catch.

Why don't they put Murray on Funchess?

Bummer...really got pushed around up front on that drive...shades of last week. That's disappointing after an encouraging first half. Let's see how the O responds. I hope they keep it lively and open up a bit. We obviously need some kind of points on this drive...

Top Bottom