***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS SAN JOSE STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I guess theirs no confidence in Strevlers passing game

Encouraging part from Streveler is that he is ID'ing the right WR, it's just late. That comes with reps and with knowing the reads step by step. At least he's not forcing into guys that are locked up

Agreed

Are we winning or not?

We are winning and that is great. We are also struggling to pull away from a crappy football team. Had they not been complete boneheads before the half this could easily still be a 10-7 ballgame. I am thrilled we are going to get the win and go to 3-1 but this was not an impressive performance by any stretch of the imagination.

Well I guess we know why Leidner is the starter...

Wolitarski has to run that route far far stronger. couple that with a poor throw and there's the result. woof.

That looked a lot like a late hit on Streveler.

Another no-call on SJSU. If SJSU wasn't beating the crap out of themselves, the Gophers would be getting their butts kicked.

Brutal pass attempt on 3rd down, should have been a pick-6. Not clear how much to blame on the QB and how much on #82. Perhaps this is why the Gophers never ever ever pass the ball?

This is also an example, however, of why you NEED to work on the passing game earlier in the game; as when you NEED to make a pass play, the timing and confidence of both the QB and WR are in the toilet.

That Limegrover guy can really run an offense, eh?

We're going to go an entire game without completing a pass. Good Lord.

You know, if we were playing Northwestern and watching their backup QB control the game by running the ball, most of us would wonder why our guy couldn't do that. Well now he is and a binch of you are upset. It's the penalties that are bothering me, not the 300+ rushing yards.

Except we're playing San Jose State and not a power 5 team.

I think you just saw why Gopher coaches don't trust their ability to pass. That ball needed a lot more air under it and thrown towards the corner.

All of a sudden, those three necessary Big Ten wins seem further away.

It really looked to me as though Strev was injured the play before the intercept. He was hit straight on in the back, a place where rib damage can take place.

Yet another game country'jer won't let Limegrover call a jet-sweep. It's run or point, run or punt, run or punt.

Getting tired of this.

Yet another game country'jer won't let Limegrover call a jet-sweep. It's run or point, run or punt, run or punt.

Getting tired of this.

How exactly do you know he's "not letting Limegrover call a jet sweep?" There are a lot of things to justly critique about today's performance, there's no need to just make stuff up.

I think you just saw why Gopher coaches don't trust their ability to pass. That ball needed a lot more air under it and thrown towards the corner.

Passing against the grain on crossing patterns are not the easiest patterns to succeed on. One may argue they are some of the most difficult to complete. So for the first reception of the game on a 3rd-down play from the 5, we hit the "Hard" button instead of the Easy button? I'd settle for the "Lower difficulty" button, at least.

Also I think Wolitarski's game needs a lot of work. His route-running is mediocre, and his hands are not good right now. Do we have a receiver on the roster other than Maxx who can run good patterns, judge and adjust to the ball, and catch it when it hits their hands? If so, it's time for them to play.

I don't know if the weather situation came at a good time or not. Maybe the Gophers will play better and coach better when no one is watching.

Hey, how come the uniform colors changed all of a sudden like?

Let's not forget that the 1903 and 1904 teams went undefeated without ever completing a forward pass. Maybe the New York Times had it right in 1906 when they wrote this about the forward pass, "There has been no team that has proved that the forward pass is anything but a doubtful, dangerous play to be used only in the last extremity."

The best gift God ever gave to us is the weather to stop this game.

Top Bottom