***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It's hard to say how much we've backed off on D, but I can't think of a good explanation for starting Morris over Gardner. With Michigan's O-line troubles they need a QB who can run. I still think we would've won if Gardner started but thanks to Brady Hoke for starting Morris instead :D

Raise your hand if you think this game is over...

1. QBs often look good after subbing in late in a game. The defensive need a bit of time to adjust (See Austin Davis in the Rams-Vikings game).

2. The defense is sitting back in a zone.

Don't go for two until you have to. Go for it there and its down 17.

I've always disagreed with that thinking. Either way you have to convert two two point conversions. So if you don't get it right away, you know you have to score three times. Better to know when you still have a chance then with virtually no time left in the game.

I'm sure I'm in the minority though.

nice play call - rollout pass to maxx

Eat up the clock or score is what we need

What if Gardner had started at the half - they were down only 7-10 then. And what if he had started at the beginning, as many of us had expected? If we hang on and win, Hoke should be fired.

I'd rather not do this and make it seem like we aren't as good of a team as they are. Gardner wasn't playing because Garner has sucked this year.

I've always disagreed with that thinking. Either way you have to convert two two point conversions. So if you don't get it right away, you know you have to score three times. Better to know when you still have a chance then with virtually no time left in the game.

momentum thinking for me. you score and are down 10 and then hit the 2, everything is in your favor. go for it early and get down 15, really changes nothing

1. QBs often look good after subbing in late in a game. The defensive need a bit of time to adjust (See Austin Davis in the Rams-Vikings game).

2. The defense is sitting back in a zone.

Yes, we were not playing the same defense we were earlier in the game.

Absolutely have to give Leidner credit for playing a great game today -- especially 2nd half. Also Limegrover opened it up and execution was terrific. But what a job by the defense!!!!

Naw you're right you always go for 2 IMMEDIATELY. You can't wait & mess around & not convert then leave no time on the clock for a 3rd score...

Top Bottom