***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The refs were trying to keep mich in the game. The reffing has been brutal.

Agreed...and yet, on the list of badly called Gopher games in my lifetime alone, this one is probably not even top-5.

How many of the top five resulted in a loss, how many in a win? Separating the result of the game from the quality of the officiating is hard to control for.

I cannot speak to today's work because I had to rely on fellow board members and the radio call.

Agreed...and yet, on the list of badly called Gopher games in my lifetime alone, this one is probably not even top-5.

Super impressed with Claeys gameplan and the defensive execution. Also, there are few here that get on Limegrover's behind with his playcalling more than myself, but it's clear after the few games mid-2013 and this one, that he CAN call a decent game. Props to Cobb, Limegrover, Leidner, and the O-line for bringing out the A game today. Only 23 offensive points but they controlled the ball, even with a couple of badly dropped passes.

I love the rollout calls to Leidner (well, maybe not on the last 3rd-on-1, but...), hoping he heals up so he can get back some more of the speed he had last year.

Right ON!

Super impressed with Claeys gameplan and the defensive execution. Also, there are few here that get on Limegrover's behind with his playcalling, but it's clear after the few games mid-2013 and this one, that he CAN call a decent game. Props to Cobb, Limegrover, Leidner, and the O-line for bringing out the A game today. Only 23 offensive points but they controlled the ball, even with a couple of badly dropped passes.

I love the rollout calls to Leidner (well, maybe not on the last 3rd-on-1, but...), hoping he heals up so he can get back some more of the speed he had last year.

so what is bump gonna say tomorrow...that Michigan sucks? yup

Honestly I think this Michigan team probably does suck based on how they have played through their first 5 games. Doesn't change the fact that we went to the Big House and kicked the crap out of them in all 3 phases. It was a very impressive performance by the Gophers especially in the 2nd half.

How many of the top five resulted in a loss, how many in a win? Separating the result of the game from the quality of the officiating is hard to control for.

I cannot speak to today's work because I had to rely on fellow board members and the radio call.

Most of them were losses, but then again, most were Big Ten games, in which I'm not sure the Gophers' football team ever gets a significant advantage in calls. Think of the phantom PI call against PSU in what was it, 2005? The "we refuse to set the ball or start the clock to ensure it doesn't run out on Purdue in [2004?] game" are just two of the most egregious. The bad calls today were game-changing calls; the Michigan coaching staff and offense simply couldn't do anything against the Claeys defense to take advantage of them.

How many missed tackles today for us?

Most of them occurred on one play early in the first quarter.

Amazing.

Honestly I think this Michigan team probably does suck based on how they have played through their first 5 games. Doesn't change the fact that we went to the Big House and kicked the crap out of them in all 3 phases. It was a very impressive performance by the Gophers especially in the 2nd half.

Put up as many points as Notre Dame. And Michigan is supposed to have a good defense.

Michigan is horrible.

So what?

We have to beat them when they're horrible. And we did.

Mission accomplished.

Remember, but do not relive nightmares.

There were several NU and PU games that were definitely impacted by a handful of critical calls that cost the Gophs. I hope that is all in the past now, and all poorly officiated game result in wins.

Most of them were losses, but then again, most were Big Ten games. Think of the phantom PI call against PSU in what was it, 2005? The "we refuse to set the ball or start the clock to ensure it doesn't run out on Purdue in [2004?] game" are just two of the most egregious.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What does Frank Clark (2011) think of de-committing from the Gophers to sign with the Wolverines now?

Real nice win for the Gophers today. Leidner came through with maybe his best game as a Gopher and made the plays he needed to make, OL did a nice job today and Cobb is such a tough runner. The defense as a whole is pretty good and dominated Michigan's offense today with real solid tackling and overall the only thing you could really nitpick is a couple of dropped picks. The special teams was solid as Santoso came through when called upon, aside from the one bad punt Mortell did a nice job of pining Michigan with bad field position, and I liked having James back there as the punt returner although I did get a little nervous when he struggled on the first one. This win was no fluke and it was really a dominating performance from the Gophers. Good way to go into the bye week as the team gets even more healthy and the coaches can head off for some recruiting visits.

Great win. I'm glad we have a bye week, as I think we need the time to heal. I'm optimistic about the rest of the season. I think we have a good chance to win the west.

If we are 8-1 going into Ohio State, I'll jump on the Conference championship bandwagon.

I have to use this thread to admit that I turned off all social media, recorded the game, played golf during the game, came home and watched the game then turned everything back on to see the commentary. For all of those who have conflicts during a game I highly recommend unplugging for a while and watching the DVR. It was just as sweet not knowing the result and the golf game wasn't hurt by checking scores all day.

Holy crap people...we are up 13 on our way to being up 20 stop bitching about the refs. They are not cheating for Michingan, they missed the call on the face mask but in real time I thought it was a facemask as well...how about enjoying the butt kicking that is taking place right now and stop bellyaching about the refs....

I can bitch about the refs if I want...how about you mind your own business and go back being a di(K to the people that have to put up with you...your family, neighbors and coworkers.

Top Bottom