***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I don't think I've ever been more impressed with Cobb

Yeah, he's gotten more from less today than I've ever seen him get. The Michigan St. game last year is close though.

Cobb 111 yards at half time. Leidner 10 for 15 and 115 yards. Where is the Michigan D ranked in the country?

Add in 50 yards receiving for Cobb as well. 161 total yards at halftime.

229 to 106 in terms of total yards. We're the better team, let's hope that shows up on the scoreboard at the end of the game!

Great job! Now I really hope that Michigan does NOT change QB's.

Was thinking the same thing, wouldn't shock me to see Gardner in the second half. If we can keep them out of the endzone on the first drive out of halftime I love our chances to come away with the victory. This is a very beatable Michigan team.

Cobb is looking like a first round pick today. Seriously.

The clock stopped after Cobb's last first down with 6 seconds (it stops on first downs until the chains are moved). We could have spiked the ball and saved the time out, then decided if wanted to try for a touchdown. Then we could have even run the ball, since it wouldn't take 6 seconds to get into the end zone from that yard line.

Was thinking the same thing, wouldn't shock me to see Gardner in the second half. If we can keep them out of the endzone on the first drive out of halftime I love our chances to come away with the victory. This is a very beatable Michigan team.

But Gardner will light things up in the second half passing - Gophers will have to go all out to win this one.

The clock stopped after Cobb's last first down with 6 seconds. We could have spiked the ball and saved the time out, then decided if wanted to try for a touchdown. Then we could have even run the ball, since it wouldn't take 6 seconds to get into the end zone from that yard line.

Also Michigan's clock operator at the helm

The clock stopped after Cobb's last first down with 6 seconds. We could have spiked the ball and saved the time out, then decided if wanted to try for a touchdown. Then we could have even run the ball, since it wouldn't take 6 seconds to get into the end zone from that yard line.

You can quibble with the clock management but the only option would have been a fade to the endzone, a running play would have led to halftime especially since at least another second or two would have run off on the spike play. Given the time on the clock the field goal was the right decision.

We would've lost a second spiking the ball, and 5 seconds is awfully tight to get one play in. I'm fine with getting 3 points there.

But Gardner will light things up in the second half passing - Gophers will have to go all out to win this one.

The only thing Gardner has litten up this year is the interceptions. He isn't gonna light up anything on our secondary.

I do worry about our ability to contain him on the ground though.

As much as I love what Cobb is doing, he had 22 touches in the first half. They need to work some Berkley/Rodrick/Kirkwood in there, too. Boy I love the way he runs in there, though.

Taking too many chances there. At least one second has to run off the clock so we start the play with 5 seconds. What if he gets stood up and he can't go down right away?

Cobb does seem to have an extra gear he didn't have last year, to go along with his superior decision-making and ability to break arm tackles.

Also Michigan's clock operator at the helm

Right. I'm not saying they definitely should have tried for a touchdown. Just pointing out that they had time to spike it and save the timeout had they wanted to try for it. With 6 seconds it could go either way.

As much as I love what Cobb is doing, he had 22 touches in the first half. They need to work some Berkley/Rodrick/Kirkwood in there, too. Boy I love the way he runs in there, though.

With the bye week coming up, I'm sure they have every intention of running him into the ground.

I'd love to see Berkley get one of those RB screens. That might be too obvious, but if he gets a crease he could take it to the house though.

I'd love to see Berkley get one of those RB screens. That might be too obvious, but if he gets a crease he could take it to the house though.

why shouldn't a bubble screen work with a nice pick of the d back refs never seem to call the pick

Personal foul? Did we even see the play? What the hell ABC? Or did I just miss it?

a penalty against michigan? they must have actually killed someone.

Top Bottom