***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I've never seen a team that's worse on fast-breaks than this team.

Who knew the best way to get out of a trap is to just push one of the defenders out of the way? It's so simple!

I have never understood why if you get ball with your hand you are allowed to full body check guys.

Horrible officiating both ways right now. About 5 missed obvious travel calls.
Some soft fouls. Some guys get hammered with no call.

They're bad and inconsistent. Not a good combo.

It's official, we are a pathetic rebounding team...

Kind of a bummer that Andre found his shot again, but the rest of the team has lost their game.

Do our coaches even teach rebounding and blocking out? We really suck at it.

I want to see elliot do some damage in boxing out. Could be huge having 3 big man depth today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never understood why if you get ball with your hand you are allowed to full body check guys.

That's just the sport. I like it, too much of the game has become soft. The college game has even become soft now with no more hand checks.

It's the truth. We're running good offense, but the sloppiness with ball security is just maddening. On the defensive side, chasing the ball and lunging at shooters. Watching the Badgers pummel the Hawkeyes the other night, they play great team defense. We play double-team defense, which generally leaves someone open. We did under Tubby, too.

How would you suggest playing a trapping style defense without trapping?

Disappointing how we allow inferior teams to hang around with us. In my opinion this is a team that should be above .500 in the league, but for whatever reason has squandered opportunities.

Gotta like our chances up 3. We're a 2nd half team!

Huh? We have consistently put on our size one neck uni's at the end of many games this season. Not sure where you get the 2nd half team comment.

Disappointing how we allow inferior teams to hang around with us. In my opinion this is a team that should be above .500 in the league, but for whatever reason has squandered opportunities.
How many "inferior" teams do you lose to and play close games with until they aren't "inferior" anymore?

On the bright side, we've only missed 1 free throw?

They are probably thinking the same thing about us

The good news is we are shooting a torrid 88% from the stripe....

Unbelievable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are the refs so inconsistent year after year in the BIG? Is it like this throughout all college basketball?

Why are the refs so inconsistent year after year in the BIG? Is it like this throughout all college basketball?
Yes.
There are not enough good refs for all levels. Which is why the lower level you get the worse the refs get.

It is worse in football than basketball.

I may be apathetic, but 1-3 at home would be sad.

Top Bottom