***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Need to make our free throws

Put ball in andre's hands or mason

Now this is a why is King in moment,Buggs look pretty good out there today.Well at least he looked athletic if not good.

Good game tho Go Gophers!!!

Announcer is right. We have to be mentally tough down the stretch...and that is something we've really struggled with all season.

Is there any call Groce doesn't b*tch at?

Wow. Make your free throws. Damn

Nice second half. That was the gopher team we expected edged to see this year.

Nice win and a somewhat favorable schedule for awhile. Ski-U-Mah

Would be nice if we could claw ourselves to 5-6 over the next 3 games.

Buggs only had two points but he gave minnesota some good minutes half way into the second half. Did a nice job on the trap and provided some spark.

Final score probably ended up closer than the way the game actually went but a pretty solid win nonetheless. I thought the reffing was pretty inconsistent again today and the call that upset me most was when Illinois went for a layup and Mo had a clean block and got hit with the foul. Also the last couple minutes where Illinois was constantly clutching and grabbing on in-bounds passes and the refs never called anything leading to a couple turnovers like the Hollins travel. A lot of solid efforts today but the one that I hope we see more of the most is Mo with the double-double and playing really active defense. Also really liked the energy that Konate and Buggs brought in the 2nd half and thought they were a key to building a nice lead.

Well that was fun. Good to see Hollins getting his shot and confidence back. Saw some aggressive drives that have been missing from his game lately.

Hollins is absolutely the most important part of our offense.

That was a depleted Illinois team we beat today, but regardless, so nice to get a win. Victories are tough to come by this season.

Anyone who can find a video of Buggs with his classic ball stare after his made basket will have my endless admiration. (Except tiny of course. Its too late for that.)

What is particularly encouraging to me is Hollins' willingness to go inside again with leaners, floaters, fadeaways, the full arsenal that makes one a scorer and opens up the outside game. He needs to continue to attack, as that inspires confidence in the team generally. Keep on truckin' Minnesota!

I liked the Matheiu, Hollins, Mason, Buggs, Walker lineup. I thought that was when we played the best.

Nice game. This is exactly what we all knew this team was capable of. Now they need to turn it into some momentum. Looking ahead at our schedule, getting back to .500 isn't impossible.

Mo played with more composure on offense today and more fire in rebounding. Another great game from Dre; Mathieu still looking a bit shaky. Good flashes from Konate; MVP for me today was Buggs, even though you won't see it in the stat sheet. Played with a lot of energy and caused some difficulties for the Illini during the big run.

I still think this team has a run in it, but we need Deandre 2014 version

Anyone who can find a video of Buggs with his classic ball stare after his made basket will have my endless admiration. (Except tiny of course. Its too late for that.)

My favorite was Mo and Buggs talking to each other after a Gopher basket, turning their heads and (oh crap!!) taking off sprinting as Illinois scored a breakaway layup

Smh at the buggs love. He played better but far from someone who should get more than 10 minutes. The announcers falling over themselves over his dunk completely miss the point about buggs.

Use him in the press and when the game gets up and down. Half court defense and rebounding is not his strong suit.

They should make a poster of that. Now that you've made it a point of emphasis, I watch for it, and it always makes me smile.

Lots of things HAPPEN when Charles is on the floor - some of them bad but many of them good. I wonder what his plus/minus is.

Top Bottom