***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Gaston gets completely lost on D, wide open 3...

Seriously need an assistant coach that can teach rebounding... we are always out of position. Height doesn't always mean rebounding... teach them some rebounding basics please!?

Holy crap Illinois is sneaking a 3point shooter to our weak side in the zone defense in every possession. This is going to be a long day if they don't address that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This team is such a disaster.... at home vs a very very short handed Illinois team, and we're playing like crap (except Morris).

I'm surprised Eliason doesn't see time with this many offensive boards by Illinois.

I'm starting to get really apathetic about this year's team.

Hollins still struggling with that darn Adidas ball...

Noticed Mo consistently go for the box out first instead of challenging the shot. That is a coaching instruction for sure to improve our rebounding chances.

I'm surprised Eliason doesn't see time with this many offensive boards by Illinois.

He must really be in the doghouse considering how ineffective the two freshman big men were.

Noticed Mo consistently go for the box out first instead of challenging the shot. That is a coaching instruction for sure to improve our rebounding chances.

He passed out of a double team as well. It's a miracle.

He must really be in the doghouse considering how ineffective the two freshman big men were.

Hopefully Pitino has just thrown in the towel and is committed to getting the youngsters a ton of minutes.

Hopefully Pitino has just thrown in the towel and is committed to getting the youngsters a ton of minutes.

I suppose there is a logic to that, but it seems like a pretty selfish decision when you have a player in his last season who is overall more effective than those particular freshmen.

Coach Pitino has a really nice offensive set. We are getting good looks, but we just can't knock them down. Players play.

That was a blatant travel, followed by Mo getting mugged with no call. No Home Cookin...

Is it just me or is King's jump shot looking worse and worse? He seems to be shot putting the ball instead of shooting. Or has it always been like that? Plus his "jump" is barely 3 inches off the ground.

I think I've seen King get 4 D? and 1 O rebound. Wow!

Is it just me or is King's jump shot looking worse and worse? He seems to be shot putting the ball instead of shooting. Or has it always been like that? Plus his "jump" is barely 3 inches off the ground.

Yes. He looks like me shooting now. That's bad...

Coach Pitino has a really nice offensive set. We are getting good looks, but we just can't knock them down. Players play.

It's the truth. We're running good offense, but the sloppiness with ball security is just maddening.

On the defensive side, chasing the ball and lunging at shooters. Watching the Badgers pummel the Hawkeyes the other night, they play great team defense. We play double-team defense, which generally leaves someone open. We did under Tubby, too.

He's never had a jump shot. It's always been a set shot.

Top Bottom