*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-USC GAME THREAD ***

But Nix pushes you around and commits aggravated assault. Overall, I'm with the above posters - if we can take MSU, that will mean something.

Anyone hear why Mo sat out? The team is going to need him for a couple minutes now and again.

Actually we will. Gonzaga lost. We will move past them.

If we move up, it's by default, not by what we showed tonight. On the flip side, it's becoming obvious that Illinois is for real with a big win over the Zags in Spokane.

If we move up, it's by default, not by what we showed tonight. On the flip side, it's becoming obvious that Illinois is for real with a big win over the Zags in Spokane.

Right, but we'll still be moving up based on what happened today.

Yup. We'll be at 13 on Monday due to Zags loss. Illinois might be a Top 10 team when we visit them on the road. Wow.

I'm hoping some reporter asks that question. Mo seemed like a perfect body to bang with Oraby.

From @GopherHole's Twitter:

Post game Tubby said "this is a game we probably should have played Mo" but wanted to go with experience. #Gophers

But Nix pushes you around and commits aggravated assault. Overall, I'm with the above posters - if we can take MSU, that will mean something.

Wow, you really got pounded on that comment, lol. I Like you Bad, sorry about that. Your point stands though that we will struggle against top posts if EE or Mo have to defend them. Disappointed EE couldn't hang with him.

Post game Tubby said "this is a game we probably should have played Mo" but wanted to go with experience. #Gophers

Read: I didn't play Mo for some reason that I'm not going to tell you about. :)

Mo might have helped, but keep in mind he doesn't exactly get off the ground, I think the big man would have shot over him easily.

Wow, you really got pounded on that comment, lol. I Like you Bad, sorry about that. Your point stands though that we will struggle against top posts if EE or Mo have to defend them. Disappointed EE couldn't hang with him.

It's just that I have nightmares about Nix after he made Ralph his woman in that game at East Lansing. Strong, mobile, mean players like him are going to be the test. Players like Plumlee and Zeller will beat you, and you tip your cap, but Nix will demoralize you.

Anyone hear why Mo sat out? The team is going to need him for a couple minutes now and again.
Grimm and Spencer asked the coaches to make sure he wasn't hurt and they said he was fine so must have just been Tubby's decison not to play him. Solid workmanlie win could have been better but overcame some adversity and got the job done. They were talking on the radio how the teams flight was delayed and they didn't arrive until about 2:30 a.m central time so I was a little suprised with the good start we got out to and kind of figured it may be a slow start and a tougher game because of it but really we controlled the game from start to finish.

If we move up, its because the voters saw that a team they thought was better than us last week couldn't protect their home court, and we have kept winning.

Originally Posted by GopherLady

Read: I didn't play Mo for some reason that I'm not going to tell you about. :)

Yep. Mo has enough experience to have played and held his own down low. Tubby is deflecting to keep the real issue from the public. I'll trust him that he had a good reason, but Mo could certainly have been used last night.

Mo might have helped, but keep in mind he doesn't exactly get off the ground, I think the big man would have shot over him easily.

No easier than he did over our 6'7", 200 lb. kids who were being pushed around on the block. Mo's weight plus his height would have been a perfect fit for last night. Tubby has some other reason for why he didn't play Mo, but he's not providing us with that information. I would have liked to see the reporters dig a little deeper on this one.

Top Bottom