*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-USC GAME THREAD ***

Dre playing one of his worst games of the year, nothing from EE and still up 9 on the road. Will take it but not happy with the sloppiness

I don't like the way this game is going. The refs are calling it tight - and inconsistently - which makes it hard to play D. The Gophers are playing very poor interior defense, and the Gophers can't shoot worth a lick tonight. Now, it appears the Gophers are flustered...when's the last time you saw Dre throw away a layup attempt?

This is annoying, the Gophers had a lead of 10 plus for at least 25 minutes and could NEVER put the game away. I can't imagine they will lose this game, but there is no excuse for them not to have stepped on their throats.

Lazy basketball. This is the worst we've looked all year. I'll give them a pass on the road with a 2 hour time change, but the team shouldn't be happy after this.

This is annoying, the Gophers had a lead of 10 plus for at least 25 minutes and could NEVER put the game away. I can't imagine they will lose this game, but there is no excuse for them not to have stepped on their throats.

Part of this is on Tubby - seemed to be experimenting too often with a lead that he made seem more comfortable than it actually was. Welch, in particular, played too many minutes when the gophers could have put the game away.

We can be thankful that USC is shooting 11% from 3 point range.

ball game on the intentional foul. I think we'll all take the road win and move on to the next one.

I don't like the way this game is going. The refs are calling it tight - and inconsistently - which makes it hard to play D. The Gophers are playing very poor interior defense, and the Gophers can't shoot worth a lick tonight. Now, it appears the Gophers are flustered...when's the last time you saw Dre throw away a layup attempt?

That's exactly the point that he needs to take over! Drive the lane, get foul #4 on Arbe, not throw it away.

Nice win, slug out an ugly one against the zone.

Workmanlike and choppy, but a good win. Congrats, coach.

This game makes me a bit concerned about how we'll do when some of the B1G teams throw a zone at us. We still struggle with movement against a zone. Obviously a win is a win, but we won't move up in the rankings after tonights game.

#500 for Tubby & another road win against a power conference. Let's take care of business against NDSU & go into the break on a high note.

This game makes me a bit concerned about how we'll do when some of the B1G teams throw a zone at us. We still struggle with movement against a zone. Obviously a win is a win, but we won't move up in the rankings after tonights game.

Also a concern about what we'll do defensively against a big post. Derrick Nix - yikes.

Nice win - really nice win. Big Ten did well tonight with a win at Gonzaga for Ill as well.

The clearest broadcast on FirstRow I have had. Too much standing around on offense toward the end of the game---- again. Austin Hollins just can't break down defenders off the dribble; he loses the handle too often. Good contribution from the bench.

I've been saying Mich St is a real barometer of where we're at. Win that game & I'm really starting to believe. If I'm Izzo though I'm showing a LOT of zone! On the other hand, winning ugly games on the road is part of what the B1G is about & this is how we'll have to do it some nights. We might have folded (Mich St style) against them last year. Credit to Tubby for some solid coaching. The high-low right at Araby after he'd scored 3 straight was aggressive, his full court press against the Freshman at crunch time produced game ending turnovers.

Actually we will. Gonzaga lost. We will move past them.

Also a concern about what we'll do defensively against a big post. Derrick Nix - yikes.

Trevor can handle 6'9" I think, 7'2" not so much. Point stands though. Also, Walker's either hurt, quietly suspended a game or being taught a lesson until he makes weight.

Top Bottom