*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-SAN JOSE STATE IN-GAME THREAD ***

Oh I know he's talented I just don't think there will be as many teams looking to draft QBs this year. Jags and the Browns are the only two that stick out in my mind as needing "the QB of the future" at this point. I don't wanna get too deep into purple talk in a game thread but even with Ponder's sub-par play I don't see the Vikings taking a QB in the draft this year with so many needs on defense still.

That's a very good point, though I think there are plenty of teams that would be inclined to take him as a backup in the late second. It's hard to teach that kind of poise and accuracy. Classically, the NFL has been all about a poised, accurate QB. That might be changing (though I kind of doubt it), but I definitely think there's a place for Fales as at least a second stringer.

(Sorry to bring it up, but) I think it completely depends on how the Vikes do in these next couple games, whether or not they will try to draft a QB early.

I'm not kidding. I'm fully confident in it; the kid has got some accuracy.

As do the majority of the QB's in D1 football, or I would hope so. Yeah I was diggin his precision today, but we really didn't put much pressure on him all day, a lot of quarterbacks can look good if they have some time to work with.

Lol we shall see though next year in the draft, i will try and remember your prophecy.

(Sorry to bring it up, but) I think it completely depends on how the Vikes do in these next couple games, whether or not they will try to draft a QB early.

Agreed, unless the Vikings make the playoffs, the current coaching regime will be out... and you know how a new regime will want their own QB to start fresh with.

That's a very good point, though I think there are plenty of teams that would be inclined to take him as a backup in the late second. It's hard to teach that kind of poise and accuracy. Classically, the NFL has been all about a poised, accurate QB. That might be changing (though I kind of doubt it), but I definitely think there's a place for Fales as at least a second stringer.

I agree, even if a team doesn't take him to be their franchise QB to start day 1 I think a team like the Vikings (to compete with Ponder) or a team looking for a backup/QB of the future will take him in the 2nd. I was impressed with his decision making, quick release, and accuracy.

Lots of running - but hey, it was working. If they can't defend it keep doing it. I know people would like to see more passing but keep doing what is working. I think any coach would do the same. And it is clear the SJSU was simply outmatched on the LOS. Good win! Good for Mitch!

This was clearly the best we have looked in any game in the Kill era. Biggest win of the year against, by far, the best opponent. Team came out in the 2nd half with the best adjustments and took SJSU to school.

Now the season begins for real BEAT IOWA!

We scored 43 points, and none of them can be attributed to "fluke" defensive or special teams TDs. That's impressive, and a promising sign for our offense.

I think the second half might be the best half we've played since Kill arrived.

Harbison will be lucky to play next week though.. what a punk.

You mean the hit that got the other guy ejected? Wells was clean.

It was clean, but it was also cheap. He could have simply taken a step toward our guy and shielded him. Always fun to see a good scrum though.

Did anyone else see Wells coming off the field with his shoulder hanging low? Any post-game comments in the press conference or anything? Not on the play that caused the scrum but later, near the end of the game.

I think the second half might be the best half we've played since Kill arrived.

Agreed (although I missed the third quarter). After last week's first half against Western Illinois, I was seriously wondering what we'd be all about. Thought we were better in the first half today, but really stepped it up in the second half. This coaching staff is for real. A little more talent at the speed positions (WR,DB) and we could make some noise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he played a total of two plays the entire game. On the second one he was being chippy late and got called for a personal foul.

He played a lot more than 2 plays, but no doubt he'll have to run a few more sprints this week after that penalty.

He played a lot more than 2 plays, but no doubt he'll have to run a few more sprints this week after that penalty.

I'm probably overreacting. So I'm sorry. I only saw him on a couple plays at the very end of the game. So it sort of seemed like he came in at the end and acted like he won the game. But whatever! We won.

I'm probably overreacting. So I'm sorry. I only saw him on a couple plays at the very end of the game. So it sort of seemed like he came in at the end and acted like he won the game. But whatever! We won.

Harbison played a ton and did a great job blocking downfield.

Did anyone else see Wells coming off the field with his shoulder hanging low? Any post-game comments in the press conference or anything? Not on the play that caused the scrum but later, near the end of the game.

It looked to us... that perhaps he injured his hand. He pointed to his hand when he came off. He made a great tackle, but I was also worried about a shoulder the way he came off hanging his right arm.

Top Bottom