*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-NEW MEXICO STATE GAME THREAD ***

Passing game still a hot mess, but great to see the run game really beat down an opponent like it should. 331 yards on the ground, love it.

Good for Philip. He's an impressive runner, definitely looks faster than last year.

Agree on his running, now that we are up three scores I don't care to see him run again. Either Leidner or a back.

Nelson has 121 yards on 14 carries. Williams with 147 yards on 15 carries.

That's what I'm talkin about. Remember when someone posted a thread this week (a little tongue in cheek, but I digress) about what it would take to be satisfied with a win over NMSU? Boom...you have your answer.

$49 for season tickets? Hooooolly cow

Passing game still a hot mess, but great to see the run game really beat down an opponent like it should. 331 yards on the ground, love it.

You very well might be right. I haven't felt that we've had to get our passing game going this game. I am a little concerned like you though.

Everyone needs work, it is only the second game of the season. brick by brick, remember?

You'd have to wonder why any team that watches a tape of how to beat the Gophers' D does just mix a combo of 75% short passes with 25% runs on either side of the center. The D hasn't stopped either type play since 1999.

Fixed.

DEFENSIVE TD! We comin' for you Sparty.

i don't think he's gotten the score right once this game since 0-0. 44-17??

So people - including me - have been saying "you can't count on special team and defensive touchdowns every week." Um, hopefully I'm wrong?

Still waiting for one of these guys to just admit it and say "WE SUCK".

Seriously, they'll reach for any excuse in the book to make NMSU not look so bad.

Is the score 44-14 or 30-14? New scoring system confuses me.

Common D!! We've got to get Mitch in there!

Where's all that Aggie speed to catch Hill?

You very well might be right. I haven't felt that we've had to get our passing game going this game. I am a little concerned like you though.

It just seems so out of sync. If someone isn't dropping it, then Nelson is over shooting them or something. Just very hit or miss right now. I don't expect it to be a total disaster come conference play, but it probably doesn't bode well to being able to expect much from it this year. And that's not the worst thing ever, I just hope to see signs of potential going forward with Nelson as our QB.

Still waiting for one of these guys to just admit it and say "WE SUCK".

Seriously, they'll reach for any excuse in the book to make NMSU not look so bad.

They should hire Reuse.

D. Campbell has terrific athletic ability, but he sure seems to do a lot of aimless running around. Fun to watch him develop.

It just seems so out of sync. If someone isn't dropping it, then Nelson is over shooting them or something. Just very hit or miss right now. I don't expect it to be a total disaster come conference play, but it probably doesn't bode well to being able to expect much from it this year. And that's not the worst thing ever, I just hope to see signs of potential going forward with Nelson as our QB.

I think comfort level of mixing in Jones and Wolitarsky will take time/experience.

Top Bottom