*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-NEW MEXICO STATE GAME THREAD ***

Laughable. First of all, he WAS NOT a half a yard short after the 3rd down run. Second of all, I thought it was obvious he didn't get it after the QB sneak. Turns out, they were at least a half yard short. My god.

Whew! Nice defensive line push. Let's keep it on the ground with RW!

I agree. We looked VERY strong in the first half, after some early struggles. The second half, outside of our first offensive series, has been crap. Really quite bad.

Yup...and even that drive ended with a FG. Since then, their offense has moved the ball really well and we've struggled to get anything going. Like I said, the exact opposite of what I expected. It's a little frustrating after a well played first half as you pointed out.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I literally haven't seen the last three plays.</p>— Lucas Trickle (@LucasTrickleGI) <a href="https://twitter.com/LucasTrickleGI/statuses/376533238035927041">September 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Probably throwing on first down a little too much this half.

Two big stops by the D, but I can't tell if the Gophers' D is doing well or NMSU just isn't very good.

Mixture of both. They're still playing relatively stout, but they're starting to get worked in this whole spread thing. But when it gets down to it, NMSU is gonna struggle to pick up short yardage when they need it.

NMSU's OC baffles me. They are killing us with quick passes, so he aborts them in crucial situations.

This is the point in the game where we have to just run it down their throats!

Although the performance has been underwhelming, I am encouraged that the Gophers improved on one thing since last week: 4th downs. UNLV was 4/4, NMSU is now 0/2. Looks like they were well-coached over the week!

I love Aggievision's back from commercial music - it's like it's started up on a first-gen VCR. No digital system?

I know this has been mentioned already but Maxx definitely looks like an NFL Tight End.

Is Nelson over 100 yards rushing yet? Dang. Finally looking good again on offense.

NMSU's OC baffles me. They are killing us with quick passes, so he aborts them in crucial situations.

You'd have to wonder why any team that watches a tape of how to beat the Gophers' D does just mix a combo of 75% short passes with 25% runs on either side of the center. The D hasn't stopped either type play since 2011.

Apparently it was 23-7 at the half and the Gophers have scored a TD this half....

Liking what I see out of the RBs this game. Running hard. I'd like to see a little more foot speed, but Cobb and Williams are looking pretty solid.

Good for Philip. He's an impressive runner, definitely looks faster than last year.

It is a little too early, but we are starting to see a few NFL caliber players in the making.

I'm assuming we'll see some Leidner action next drive.

Top Bottom