*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

I like Nelson but if we have a few more drives like this we may need to put Leidner in and see what he can do.

I really felt good about this until i saw Philip Nelson starting. Nothing against the guy but i think Leidner is the man.

Great punting! Now get Liedner in there next posession.

Thank God Iowa is playing it conservative. Could be much worse with this field position.

Gotta make that 1st down throw. It's a simple pass and sets up the next few plays.

Obviously the offense isn't looking good, but why the confusion over Nelson starting? If he does poorly Kill can pull him and just say "he didn't look 100%", if he starts Leidner and he struggles Kill's screwed.

Just joined on ESPN2 after the FSU / BC transfer to ABC. Is Mitch Leidner hurt?

It seems apparent that Ferentz does not have any respect for mn's offense by punting on 4th and short and then opting to kick the long field goal

If you run the read option you need a Qb who can read the defense. PN has made 2 really bad reads and handed off for no gains when if he would have kept the ball might have had some decent yardage. He currently looks scared. Time to kick it into gear!

Awesome that MN is apart or three of those trophy games.

Obviously the offense isn't looking good, but why the confusion over Nelson starting? If he does poorly Kill can pull him and just say "he didn't look 100%", if he starts Leidner and he struggles Kill's screwed.

Because Kill said all week he won't play Nelson if he's not 100%. He can't pull out that excuse after starting him. I think they started Nelson because they're more confident in him as a thrower.

What makes me nervous about this game is that the crowd seemed really into it in the beginning but we haven't been able to take advantage. Unless our offense does something soon, we're gonna lose some of that.

Because Kill said all week he won't play Nelson if he's not 100%. He can't pull out that excuse after starting him. I think they started Nelson because they're more confident in him as a thrower.

"Reaggravated it". Done.

If you run the read option you need a Qb who can read the defense. PN has made 2 really bad reads and handed off for no gains when if he would have kept the ball might have had some decent yardage. He currently looks scared. Time to kick it into gear!

Maybe nervous to test out the hammy? If so we gotta roll with Leidner.

Good stop D we needed that! Get a first down O let's give them a break at least.

Top Bottom