***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT PURDUE IN GAME THREAD!!***

I disagree on the crappy routes. We have had some wide open receivers down the middle the entire game. Mitch has either seen them too late, or missed them entirely and thrown the check down, or tried to kill his fullback on that pick. Mitch is the problem today bar none on the passing plays.

I agree with this, far too often locks into one guy under good coverage, when the backside guy or dump off is often wide open.

This would have been a perfect game to give Croft experience and to get some variety into the playcalling; instead, Limey apparently has been told to stay within the version we used against Kent State. Gophers may win this, but will be just killed by Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, probably Nebraska, too. Kill is monumentally stubborn!

What you all refuse to acknowledge is the crappy route designs by this staff. On the Interception, Still is running straight towards the end zone with soft coverage. All he has to do is stop and turn and he's wide open for a 12 yard gain. We never run those routes. It's all or nothing with this staff. They are simply stupid and Limegrover admitted he's not very smart. Not one of you has ever acknowledged the lousy route designs by this staff. That's 80% of the problem. They don't understand the passing game or how to exploit a secondary. Never have, never will. There is an intermediate passing game they have no clue how to implement.

Hey hey, I'm the one that said that Kill and Limegrover get their play designs from "Playcalling for dummies" books.

Hey hey, I'm the one that said that Kill and Limegrover get their play designs from "Playcalling for dummies" books.

Remember the vibrating football game with plastic players square dancing. This old toy will get you some plays.

According to radio guys, Gophers are 21-1 under Kill when leading at halftime!

Thought: Leidner has never been a great passer, but he provided some value as a running QB. Now, for whatever reason (Injury, playcalling, etc), he's not running anymore. I don't get it. Not having a QB who is a threat to run makes the Gophers a more predictable offense (as others have noted).

Leidner is the worst gopher qb since Jim Reese in 1958

BROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of respect for Leidner as he ran with and helped block!

The future gentleman.

We'll take some lumps this year, but damnit when we get a QB this will be a truly scary team and program.

Awesome run!! The problem - now Kill will say we are winning with Leidner. We are winning despite him. I can't believe he burned Croft's redshirt if he's not going to play him.

wow....that was unreal....ESPN top play right there.

Top Bottom