***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Worse because Nebraska would totally disregard the pass and we would have 11 in the box to stop the run.

Just to be the Devil's Advocate here, Wisconsin scored 56 points last week by rushing for over 600 yards. Given what occurred, I'm pretty sure they sold out for the run vs. Wisconsin.

Wisconsin ran the ball outside, where Gregory isn't. We can't seem to understand that. If we're gonna do read option, it needs to be with the fast qb who knows how to run it. But this coaching staff is completely stubborn.

We are not out of this, but something has to change.

If I was Nebraska, I'd put 11 in the box. Liedner wouldn't be able to hit any gopher player watching on the sideline if he tried.

Maybe not 11, but 9? I'd consider that if I was Nebby.

I wasn't necessarily saying he's holding them back, more so making a comparison between our defense last week vs this week. Our defensive line was far from perfect maintaining their lanes last week, can you imagine how much Barrett would have gashed us if we played like we are now?

I'll give you that I have no idea what the hell the D is doing either...just like Barrett last week (and every running QB, it seems, that's ever played the Gophers in my lifetime), they lose gap control and let the QB gash them for long runs with regularity. The pass plays Armstrong have been making seem to be lucky more than anything else; the Gophers need to concentrate on stopping (1) Abdullah and (2) Armstrong's running game. Sacrifice all else to contain these, especially with Kenny Bell out.

Huge defensive drive to start this half. Can't give up points.

Three plays in the first half:

- If the player is 6 inches further away from the goaline on Nebraska's second TD, it is a fumble and not a score.
- The blocked FG for a TD
- The BBC drop on the interception that could have resulted in a TD for us.

Just one of these things goes our way, this is a completely different game. That is why it is really disapointing we are down 14 right now. We absolutely could be winning this game.

In first half completed four passes for 54 yards. Ran for 60. Sacked at crucial times.

yes, you're right, things went down-hill from there. but other than the pass at the end to Maye, our receivers are rarely open. agree? and the patterns give mitch no room for error. hate those sideline patterns,

Wisconsin ran the ball outside, where Gregory isn't. We can't seem to understand that. If we're gonna do read option, it needs to be with the fast qb who knows how to run it. But this coaching staff is completely stubborn.

Seems like some Berkley Edwards outside action would be tried more today. And Streveler read option to the outside. Maye runs have worked well so far.

I can't believe we didn't the guy to the ground on the blocked kick.

I think the most frustrating thing is that just by watching the game it appears we are a better team. Way too many mental mistakes all around. It seems like our defensive lineman are consistently losing contain and failing to maintain their gaps.

I realized as I submitted this that they can pretty much disregard the pass now but at least Leidner is a threat to maybe throw whereas Maye would be 100% run. :)

Maye played QB in high school, so I would argue his chance of completing a pass would be pretty similar to Leidners

Great effort from the D to start the half. Just what we needed.

There was a reason Leidner was second fiddle to an inconsistent and decidedly mediocre Phillip Nelson. Press clippings about improvement and leadership mean little in the end, Leidner is not qualified for this job.

Nice defensive series! Let's go!

Well the defense came to play to start the half. Time for the offense to follow suit.

TD here and we're back in it. Let's do this.

Great field position! Let's gooooooooooooooo

There was a reason Leidner was second fiddle to an inconsistent and decidedly mediocre Phillip Nelson. Press clippings about improvement and leadership mean little in the end, Leidner is not qualified for this job.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Been saying this since August

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it better not be a hamstring.

Top Bottom