***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Come on Iowa...make Wisc. work. Crap. Iowa fumble. Oh well.

And the real crime is that the 1 game playoff for the division title is going to be on BTN. Or is that still up for grabs?

Maybe but you can bet the BTN is pretty friggin happy...

Are you kidding me....we just beat Nebraska in Nebraska and some of you have nothing better to do then b!tch about some bad calls.....

You have to forgive them. They live under the notion that there is a conspiracy at work against the Gophers. Won't change no matter what.

Who gives a crap, we won the game....

Agree mostly, but that roughing call was unusually bad. If the ref was watching he should have seen him starting to fall well before he touched the QB. In the end, though, justice was served:)

It would be very unlikely.

But not impossible. Factors in his favor are his young age and it looked like a mild strain. He could still trot off the field, etc.

Per this study of NFL players about 25% of hamstring injury subjects can play one week later, 50% by two weeks later. The 6+ week injuries injuries tend to be the most severe type which I don't believe this is. For Cobbs sake I hope he doesn't try to come back too soon and possibly creaet a chronic problem.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3445213/#!po=35.7143

I think my heart rate is finally down to something under 100.

My take away - after the blocked FG/Neb TD play, the team did not quit. They kept playing - lost their best RB to injury - and still came back on the road to Win. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the first Gopher FB win In Nebraska since 1960, or something like that.

This team has got some of those intangible qualities - heart, desire, balls, guts - whatever you want to call it, they've got it. And a lot of the credit for that has to go to the coaching staff.

Don't get me wrong - I want the Gophers to win next week so badly that I don't have words to express it. But, no matter what happens, I will still feel this season was a step forward in the development of the program.

and in closing: BEAT THE STINKIN' BADGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this was a "step backwards" due to scheduling season by most accounts. Here we are with 8 wins again and a chance to take huge leap forward in year 4.

Atta Boy Jerry.

I think my heart rate is finally down to something under 100.

My take away - after the blocked FG/Neb TD play, the team did not quit. They kept playing - lost their best RB to injury - and still came back on the road to Win. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the first Gopher FB win In Nebraska since 1960, or something like that.

This team has got some of those intangible qualities - heart, desire, balls, guts - whatever you want to call it, they've got it. And a lot of the credit for that has to go to the coaching staff.

Don't get me wrong - I want the Gophers to win next week so badly that I don't have words to express it. But, no matter what happens, I will still feel this season was a step forward in the development of the program.

and in closing: BEAT THE STINKIN' BADGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, 5-3 in the big ten is a step forward any way you slice it.

But 6-2 is a leap.

Based on what? Enjoy the win.

First off F you I enjoy the win prob more than you. Second, it's a bear to return in a week from a hamstring. Third, every time you post on here your ignorance comes through more.

First off F you I enjoy the win prob more than you. Second, it's a bear to return in a week from a hamstring. Third, every time you post on here your ignorance comes through more.

Wow. You took that one wrong. I was wondering what made you think Cobb wouldn't play? If I wanted to take shots at you I would have quoted one of your many "take ML7 out" posts or one of the other 7 "we suck, this guy sucks, we will lose, etc." posts... and those were just in the in game thread. Now if I went back a couple weeks, well you know.

I wondering if some of those folks who were calling into KFAN after the Illinois loss predicting a 6-6 season will be calling in tonight. :p

Great resiliency shown today by this Gopher team overcoming some bad breaks to win a big game on the road. The defense really stepped up in the 2nd half and did a better job of keeping Armstrong in the pocket. Leidner may have made one of the better throws of his career so far on the big completion to Maye. Leidner was solid today but I really thought he stepped up when Cobb went out with the injury and also liked the way Kirkwood and Williams ran very hard when they got their chance. I don't care how lucky the bounce was Epping deserves some credit for recovering and then protecting the ball on the Leidner fumble at the start of the game winning TD drive.

And the real crime is that the 1 game playoff for the division title is going to be on BTN. Or is that still up for grabs?

It's going to be live in Madison….who would even consider watching it on t.v.?

agreed.

it'll great being there - spouse will break the bank buying kitchen stuff at Orange Tree.

NO, but they may be call in for a an ECHO Cardiogram to see if they have a heart or if they can advance medical science.

I wondering if some of those folks who were calling into KFAN after the Illinois loss predicting a 6-6 season will be calling in tonight. :p

Nah, they've moved on to hating the Vikings, or their wives, or neighbors, or their boss etc., etc., etc.

Still in shock over this win. Give up a huge momentum shift in a fairly easy fg attempt being blocked and returned for a touch down on the road against a top 25 opponent. Oh yeah, and then you lose your best (or second best) offensive player who accounts for 40% of your offense. Then you win the game. Unreal. I mean, I have seen these types of games happen for other programs, but never for the Gophers. If we've ever had a big comeback/gutty win it's been when the stakes have been low. What a great win for the program, and I loved Claey's quote about this not being a fluke. I think this staff/team resented a little bit how some of their wins have been characterized in the media, including beating Nebraska last season.

Still in shock over this win. Give up a huge momentum shift in a fairly easy fg attempt being blocked and returned for a touch down on the road against a top 25 opponent. Oh yeah, and then you lose your best (or second best) offensive player who accounts for 40% of your offense. Then you win the game. Unreal. I mean, I have seen these types of games happen for other programs, but never for the Gophers. If we've ever had a big comeback/gutty win it's been when the stakes have been low. What a great win for the program, and I loved Claey's quote about this not being a fluke. I think this staff/team resented a little bit how some of their wins have been characterized in the media, including beating Nebraska last season.
I'm not shocked. Just basking in the afterglow. Feeling pretty good about the core of Gopher fans who haven't panicked and believed in Kill and his staff. Also, loving the fact that so many on here said Mitch was a dog. He looked more like a horse after DC went out.

Top Bottom