***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT BADGERS AXE, BT WEST TITLE GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Last I checked that was one of the worst quarters of football we've played all year. And the Badgers start the half with the ball and a ton of momentum. If you're feeling comfortable right now...

Nebraska started the 3rd with the lead, ball & momentum... remember?

Terrible conservative play calling and clock management by Gophers near end of half. Wisconsin is explosive and can score fast and a lot. You can't beat them by running Leidner up the middle. Where's Maxx?

Your silly. We don't fumble and we have a great shot at 20-10 lead. And bucky has no time for pts.
Didn't work out.

I rewound the long pass play and the clock definitely expired before the snap! Could Jerry have challenged that play?

Keys to winning:
1. Complete more than 2 passes this half.
2. Don't let those last 2 Wisconsin possessions change how you play run defense on Gordon.
3. Whoever replaces Campion needs to be great.
4. Score points off another badgers turnover.

Overall, a good half of football played by the Gophers. Leidner again is making a lot of mistakes. That last handoff was ridiculous. The defense is giving up a lot of looks through the air because they're cheating on the run so much. Still, a good effort through 30 minutes. Really worried about how the half ended however. Could have given themselves some breathing room, but instead gave Wisconsin a big-time momentum swing. Here's hoping they don't look back and rue that last two minutes of the half.

Good job stopping the run. Wisconsin qb is out playing ours though that will need to change in the 2nd half.

Need successful pass game.
Go for td before the half. C'mon.

I don't want Becky facing a Barrett-less Ohio State team in the championship. Let that team be us.

10 point swings on the terrible call on Olson and then the FG trade at the end of the half. That hurts!!

we're winning....what the eff is wrong with you people?

Don't see anyone saying the Gophers can't win. People are pointing out the way the half ended and that Leidner will have to play better.

I don't want Becky facing a Barrett-less Ohio State team in the championship. Let that team be us.

This is what would hurt most about losing! I really hope we can find a way to squeek this out so we can be licking our chops this week.

Excuse us for Analyzing the game play.

I know...don't think anyone here is throwing in the towel but it is 100% fair to be disappointed with the way that half ended.

Good:
1. Cobb! Almost 100 already.
2. O line dominated most of the half.
3. D line doing a great job in run game. So disciplined.
4. ST dominated the half.

Bad:
1. Pass rush non-existent.
2. Hands to the face penalty was garbage.
3. Mitch not looking sharp in passing game and zone reads.

Ugly:
1. Blown coverage on 70 yard pass.
2. Mitch fumble/handoff. What a buzz kill.
3. Defense on the last Wisconsin drive. Yikes that was bad.

All in all, Gophers dominated the half. Wisconsin points almost all came on self-inflicted wounds by MN. You have to feel good about the effort.

Gotta make a stop on this drive. Get the ball back and put the pressure back on the Badgers.

Good:
1. Cobb! Almost 100 already.
2. O line dominated most of the half.
3. D line doing a great job in run game. So disciplined.
4. ST dominated the half.

Bad:
1. Pass rush non-existent.
2. Hands to the face penalty was garbage.
3. Mitch not looking sharp in passing game and zone reads.

Ugly:
1. Blown coverage on 70 yard pass.
2. Mitch fumble/handoff. What a buzz kill.
3. Defense on the last Wisconsin drive. Yikes that was bad.

All in all, Gophers dominated the half. Wisconsin points almost all came on self-inflicted wounds by MN. You have to feel good about the effort.

Good summary. We outplayed them for all but the last minute or so of the second quarter.

I may be in the minority but I think running at the end of half was ok. With the way Mitch is playing I think we probably had a much better chance getting a field goal, just didn't execute the simple handoff.

Top Bottom