***OFFICIAL CHICAGO STATE AT MINNESOTA WINTER STORM 2022 IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

A resume building....program defining win. Prop to the trainers and managers. Crowd getting into it and bringing some energy. Blanket lady provided a much needed spark. Great job all around.
Years from now there will literally be HUNDREDS of fans claiming they were there today to see it!!

One has to look hard to find positives besides, they won, with this game. But here we go.
Treyton Thompson had a good game and gave a spark to a rather lethargic team.
Jameson Battle made one of the most bizarre shots you could ever see with the deflected, ricochet cross court pass for a basket that you'll ever see.
The Gophers aren't Iowa.

The Gophers made Sloth (Goonies) look pretty.

That's about all I've got.

Time to move on.

One has to look hard to find positives besides, they won, with this game. But here we go.
Treyton Thompson had a good game and gave a spark to a rather lethargic team.
Jameson Battle made one of the most bizarre shots you could ever see with the deflected, ricochet cross court pass for a basket that you'll ever see.
The Gophers aren't Iowa.

The Gophers made Sloth (Goonies) look pretty.

That's about all I've got.

Time to move on.
Carrington with another good game rebounding with 7. Cooper with 9 assists.
Actually, Carrington, Cooper and Samuels matched Garcia, Battle and Ola-Joseph in rebounds. That's not a good thing.

This team lost to St. Thomas, Kent State, Marshall, Bethune Cookman, Southern Illinois, Cleveland State and Illinois State by double digits, and we have to barely hang on to beat them. What a fucking embarrassment.

This team lost to St. Thomas, Kent State, Marshall, Bethune Cookman, Southern Illinois, Cleveland State and Illinois State by double digits, and we have to barely hang on to beat them. What a fucking embarrassment.
Stop comparing your girlfriend to others...

Carrington with another good game rebounding with 7. Cooper with 9 assists.
Actually, Carrington, Cooper and Samuels matched Garcia, Battle and Ola-Joseph in rebounds. That's not a good thing.
is a good thing they had 14 rebounds (& Cooper with 9 assists) because the 8 points they scored combined wasnt a good thing either

Wow. I watch nearly every game, and this team is way, way worse than I was giving them credit for. Embarrassing is the correct word.

Chicago St didn't just lose to UST, Kent St, Illinois St, etc, they were beaten soundly.

Gophers shot 4 of 20 on 3's.
made 4 of 11 FT

and they won the game.

Hey, I'm not going to say this was a good game. they won. could have been worse.

But I have the sense that a lot of games this year are going to be 'ugly' games. that just seems to be the way this team plays, for better or worse.

at least an ugly win is better than an ugly loss.

Gophers shot 4 of 20 on 3's.
made 4 of 11 FT

and they won the game.

Hey, I'm not going to say this was a good game. they won. could have been worse.

But I have the sense that a lot of games this year are going to be 'ugly' games. that just seems to be the way this team plays, for better or worse.

at least an ugly win is better than an ugly loss.
Do a little research on Chicago State, the state of the university and the basketball program. Then arrive to a conclusion.

I saw Ben going though the Gopherhole ingame thread just after the game on his Iphone (seriously).

I distinctly heard ben mumble to himself... OK put Payne in and TT less - don't wanna get wetblanket upset... move the ball around the perimeter - is that a good thing? take a poll later... Garcia soft as a marshmallow and team is too young - make a note for next years players and see if USAF has some input on the roster... OK dont be so embarrassing and the guys will be a little nicer on the hole... ok, ok stress more about St. Thomas - got it... oh yeaaaah, we should have run up the score and not played anyone except the top5 - got it!.

Keep it up guys. I think the negative snarky comments are really really helping. We are getting close to turning things around only because of your efforts. When it happens I will be the first one to give you guys the credit (well, besides Ben)

"These fourteen individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line 31 nights in these 5 months to represent you, this university.
That kind of commitment deserves and demands your respect...
This is your team."
- Coach Ben Dale

"These fourteen individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line 31 nights in these 5 months to represent you, this university.
That kind of commitment deserves and demands your respect...
This is your team."
- Coach Ben Dale
Is this real? Cut his pay in half and give him the same speech.

I saw Ben going though the Gopherhole ingame thread just after the game on his Iphone (seriously).

I distinctly heard ben mumble to himself... OK put Payne in and TT less - don't wanna get wetblanket upset... move the ball around the perimeter - is that a good thing? take a poll later... Garcia soft as a marshmallow and team is too young - make a note for next years players and see if USAF has some input on the roster... OK dont be so embarrassing and the guys will be a little nicer on the hole... ok, ok stress more about St. Thomas - got it... oh yeaaaah, we should have run up the score and not played anyone except the top5 - got it!.

Keep it up guys. I think the negative snarky comments are really really helping. We are getting close to turning things around only because of your efforts. When it happens I will be the first one to give you guys the credit (well, besides Ben)
Do you have anything constructive to add or just here to rip people who use this website? Should posters pretend to be happy or give their genuine thoughts? I don't agree with a lot of posts but that is the point of a message board. There are many view points. Unfortunately after a bad performance it will be largely negative. Maybe those who cannot handle that should step away and stop trying to play thought police. I don't understand why people take criticism of Ben's coaching as a personal attack. He does not get credit for simply showing up to the game and being a nice guy. It has never worked that way and never will. When he has this team playing well, a different tune will be sung.

"Getting it close to turning it around"...can we submit this to KFAN's preposterous statement tournament. Also, I am making the assumption you didn't play sports growing up or you just lost a lot of games. For the Gophers to "have run up the score in this game", they would've had to taken that huge 3 pt margin and stretched it to like 25+ (25+ is pretty much the threshold of running it up at this level). It skews even higher at lower level of sports.

The gifted extra point on the deflection made Chi State have to attempt a 3 at the end. TTs dunk would have been the game winner.

If that ball doesn't go in...
That was a play I have never seen before. Better make highlight reel. Worth the trip. Not entertaining but beggars can’t be choosers. We’re beggars now.

I’m not as negative as most of you. Don’t get that Payne isn’t getting many minutes, but was also clear that Ben went out of his way to get floor time to bench players. Both Garcia and Battle were out for a big chunk in second half at the same time. He’s doing exactly what a lot of us wanted last year in developing a bit of a bench. This was also post finals. Never a great time to play.

Not a lot of reason to be hopeful but not seeing any decline from recent performances.

Hes a career 30% 3pt shooter, per 100 possessions hes a -28. He has a negative offensive AND defensive +/-, a 16.9% turnover rate, a .355 eFG% (almost impossible to do) and has shot 42.9% from the FT line this year. I don't want to bring the kid down but its fair to say hes terrible.
Damned by stats 😣

Unless there is a unknown injury to Payne, what is the reason for him not playing more? The only message CBJ is teaching him is to transfer. This should be a game that he absolutely feasts (20pts 10+ rebs). I honestly don't understand it. He is not a foul prone player and he is our most dominate / impact big man. He is literally a game changer when in the game. Plus, he energizes the crowd...
While watching the Mississippi State game he came down very hard. He got up and limped down the court. Surprised the Coached did not see it. They kept him in the even tho he was limping the rest of the game.

While watching the Mississippi State game he came down very hard. He got up and limped down the court. Surprised the Coached did not see it. They kept him in the even tho he was limping the rest of the game.
I saw that as well (hopefully an ankle and not a knee) - but then that leads to why even suit him up for these cupcakes (supposed cupcakes) in the first place. If CBJ knew of the injury (which if anyone would, it would be him, he should’ve utilized the ~ 2 week break with no real opponents to get Payne healthy (prior to resuming Big10 play).

I missed the game. Odd time of day to play ball.

Looks like we won? We're back on track, then?

"Getting it close to turning it around"...can we submit this to KFAN's preposterous statement tournament. Also, I am making the assumption you didn't play sports growing up or you just lost a lot of games. For the Gophers to "have run up the score in this game", they would've had to taken that huge 3 pt margin and stretched it to like 25+ (25+ is pretty much the threshold of running it up at this level). It skews even higher at lower level of sports.
Jim Wacker once talked about turning that crazy corner.

Top Bottom