***OFFICIAL CHICAGO STATE AT MINNESOTA WINTER STORM 2022 IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Oh, one of those: an arbiter of all true fan behaviors. Get over yourself. Nobody gives a rat's ass about your judgment of proper fan behavior.

I'll admit that I don't understand why some people are still so angry about this team's incompetence. By now everyone following this team should know not to expect much of anything and just try to enjoy whatever morsels of performance they can get. Someday this program will be better but it's not going to be this year. Nevertheless, insisting that people put on a happy face is just absurd.
For a group that spends such a large amount of time making jokes at the expense of the team I find it really odd that a joke about you "making jokes at the expense of the team" goes over your head.

I encourage you to continue with your fear, uncertainty, doubt, personal attacks, and general "grumpy old men" trolls on the gopherhole. Expect me to continue to troll you trolls.

(what a bunch of "funny guys" with no sense of humor...)

It's probably not that far off, it's still jarring to see. I thought you may have seen it on KenPom.
The line on t-rank for the Alcorn St. game is currently 7.3.

Alcorn St. is the second-worst shooting team in all of college basketball (#362), 358th at both 2P% and 3P%. However, they are a pretty good offensive rebounding team. For those who love the zone defense, this is a red flag - just play man and let'em clank away and box out.

FTR, Ark-PB is currently the sixth-worst shooting team, but is/was a terrible offensive rebounding team. Zone was doable even though it is pitiful they had to resort to it.

For a group that spends such a large amount of time making jokes at the expense of the team I find it really odd that a joke about you "making jokes at the expense of the team" goes over your head.

I encourage you to continue with your fear, uncertainty, doubt, personal attacks, and general "grumpy old men" trolls on the gopherhole. Expect me to continue to troll you trolls.

(what a bunch of "funny guys" with no sense of humor...)
It would be trolling if the comments were negative only for the sake of being negative. Opinions you don't like or disagree with is not trolling. If you don't agree with specific posts, then provide insight on why you disagree. We also aren't making $2 million dollars a year to post on Gopher Hole. We also don't have a television network dedicated to watching us post on Gopher Hole. If we did, I would probably be in 100% agreement with you.

The line on t-rank for the Alcorn St. game is currently 7.3.

Alcorn St. is the second-worst shooting team in all of college basketball (#362), 358th at both 2P% and 3P%. However, they are a pretty good offensive rebounding team. For those who love the zone defense, this is a red flag - just play man and let'em clank away and box out.

FTR, Ark-PB is currently the sixth-worst shooting team, but is/was a terrible offensive rebounding team. Zone was doable even though it is pitiful they had to resort to it.
Good analysis

Not gonna read 9 pages, we only won by 3. What was the good, what was the bad?

The good: Jamison Battle hit a once in a lifetime shot that will never be recreated by attempting a pass from beyond the 3 pt line that deflected off of the opposition and ended up going in. TT showed signs of life off the bench playing the final 10 minutes and sealed the win with a put back dunk in the closing 30 seconds. We had success offensively almost every time we were able to get a touch in the paint.

The bad: We only won by 3 after leading by 8 at half time.

The good: Jamison Battle hit a once in a lifetime shot that will never be recreated by attempting a pass from beyond the 3 pt line that deflected off of the opposition and ended up going in. TT showed signs of life off the bench playing the final 10 minutes and sealed the win with a put back dunk in the closing 30 seconds. We had success offensively almost every time we were able to get a touch in the paint.

Weren't they up by 12 at one point, they let them back in the game. They haven't figured out how to play a complete game.

And the opposition was really bad, too. Ben might be crazy like a fox here in getting guys playing time. If Garcia and Battle are not off the court at the same time for five to seven minutes while we lost the lead, the end of game panic is non existent.

Unlike last year, he is getting minutes for bench players. I don’t like close games against crappy teams, but I like that Thompson and others are getting some run.

Weren't they up by 12 at one point, they let them back in the game. They haven't figured out how to play a complete game.
Lost the lead when the two consistent offensive threats were on the bench. Playing it a little too close to the edge for a risk averse guy like me, but Thompson and Carrington got valuable minutes. Hopefully that pays dividends sometime soon.

It would be trolling if the comments were negative only for the sake of being negative. Opinions you don't like or disagree with is not trolling. If you don't agree with specific posts, then provide insight on why you disagree. We also aren't making $2 million dollars a year to post on Gopher Hole. We also don't have a television network dedicated to watching us post on Gopher Hole. If we did, I would probably be in 100% agreement with you.
I like alot of your stuff and others. The incessant complaining and condescending jokes makes following the lowly Gophers tough here (having been contributing on the hole since the mid 90s).

You guys are like the proverbial drunken old guy sitting a few rows back at a baseball game screaming "you bums!" and "You guys stink!" and making jokes about how bad the team is while everyone is trying to have a good time and watch the game.

Yes, we know the team sucks this year, the manager hasn't proven himself, and the game isn't going well but we showed up and after 90 minutes of action all we hear fear, uncertainty and doubt which we ALL PRETTY MUCH AGREED with the first time you said it. THEN, when I make a joke about how tough it is to listen to incessant complaining you march down 4 rows and over to my seat to explain how you know way more about baseball than me and I need to provide some insight to you to prove something.

Its just me and my kids here trying to watch the game - go back to your seat before you stumble and hurt yourself.

I like alot of your stuff and others. The incessant complaining and condescending jokes makes following the lowly Gophers tough here (having been contributing on the hole since the mid 90s).

You guys are like the proverbial drunken old guy sitting a few rows back at a baseball game screaming "you bums!" and "You guys stink!" and making jokes about how bad the team is while everyone is trying to have a good time and watch the game.

Yes, we know the team sucks this year, the manager hasn't proven himself, and the game isn't going well but we showed up and after 90 minutes of action all we hear fear, uncertainty and doubt which we ALL PRETTY MUCH AGREED with the first time you said it. THEN, when I make a joke about how tough it is to listen to incessant complaining you march down 4 rows and over to my seat to explain how you know way more about baseball than me and I need to provide some insight to you to prove something.

Its just me and my kids here trying to watch the game - go back to your seat before you stumble and hurt yourself.
It's tough, but if everyone kept their mouth shut sans positive comments, this forum would be incredibly slow and boring this season. Your analogy makes sense and also doesn't apply at the same time. You have an ignore option and you can skip over posts/threads you don't want to read. You can't do that in real life. Society has gotten to a point where someone is labeled a troll for posting a disagreeable opinion. In many areas outside of this board as well. That is not a good model for open discourse and discussion which makes for a more interesting and entertaining message board. That's all, we can agree to disagree on this one and move ahead amicably!

It's tough, but if everyone kept their mouth shut sans positive comments, this forum would be incredibly slow and boring this season. Your analogy makes sense and also doesn't apply at the same time. You have an ignore option and you can skip over posts/threads you don't want to read. You can't do that in real life. Society has gotten to a point where someone is labeled a troll for posting a disagreeable opinion. In many areas outside of this board as well. That is not a good model for open discourse and discussion which makes for a more interesting and entertaining message board. That's all, we can agree to disagree on this one and move ahead amicably!
Nobody is asking for a prohibition of speech, Everybody got an ignore.

If people are so thin skinned that their joke (at the expense of the Coach) cannot be made fun of with another joke then please by all means - hit the ignore. If posting something inciteful, engaging and accurate then expect a "like".

The good: freak basket by Battle

The Bad: we scored 20 pts in the second half against one of the worst teams in college basketball...even though we had an overwhelming size advantage +++ Payne sat on the bench probably stewing his decision to transfer when Ben wouldn't play him...even though he was a force in the first half.

Ah ha guys. We actually won. Think of all the negativity that is lost when that happens. Sucks to be you...

In fairness to most of the fanbase, we know who Chicago State is. We know they aren't in the Big 10 or any conference for that matter. I would love to be as uninformed of the basketball world as yourself to not see the that a win over Chicago State may not be occasion to put the big spaghetti pot on the head and march around the CPTMidnight kitchen banging a spoon on it in celebration.

We are all Gopher fans and that means happiness at success and concerns with the problems.

In fairness to most of the fanbase, we know who Chicago State is. We know they aren't in the Big 10 or any conference for that matter. I would love to be as uninformed of the basketball world as yourself to not see the that a win over Chicago State may not be occasion to put the big spaghetti pot on the head and march around the CPTMidnight kitchen banging a spoon on it in celebration.

We are all Gopher fans and that means happiness at success and concerns with the problems.
Yet, you bring hysteria to the table at any loss. Therefore your responses often result in others rolling their eyes at you. 🙄

The Bad: we scored 20 pts in the second half against one of the worst teams in college basketball...even though we had an overwhelming size advantage +++ Payne sat on the bench probably stewing his decision to transfer when Ben wouldn't play him...even though he was a force in the first half.
My disappointment was in the lack of driving hard to the hoop when baskets were not falling.

Again, we agree on the state of the program but it is tough not to make fun of all of the incessant negativity. Everyone feeds on each other and it becomes almost intolerable to jump on and find a tidbit of news. Just trying to bring a little levity to the situation by making fun of the Charlie Browns here (they be thin skinned). IF they be offended they can hit ignore.

Even national media is putting attention to next year and how gophers should be wary of transfer envy…
Big Ten Basketball: Power Ratings Ranked by Science - SB Nation

Yet, you bring hysteria to the table at any loss. Therefore your responses often result in others rolling their eyes at you. 🙄

I hope to someday garner the same respect that you hold on this board.

Top Bottom