***OFFICIAL CHICAGO STATE AT MINNESOTA WINTER STORM 2022 IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I missed the game. Odd time of day to play ball.

Looks like we won? We're back on track, then?
Not exactly. Did not inspire confidence today. We’re dealing with a ground blizzard in the metro tonight and tomorrow. Good decision to change game time.

Do you have anything constructive to add or just here to rip people who use this website? Should posters pretend to be happy or give their genuine thoughts? I don't agree with a lot of posts but that is the point of a message board. There are many view points. Unfortunately after a bad performance it will be largely negative. Maybe those who cannot handle that should step away and stop trying to play thought police. I don't understand why people take criticism of Ben's coaching as a personal attack. He does not get credit for simply showing up to the game and being a nice guy. It has never worked that way and never will. When he has this team playing well, a different tune will be sung.
Everyone spends their time thinking up the most biting critical comment of the moment about Ben and the team - get a few Reusse chuckles from the group. If you guys can "add very little" why not me?

When you guys do the fan thing well a different tune will be sung.

Everyone spends their time thinking up the most biting critical comment of the moment about Ben and the team - get a few Reusse chuckles from the group. If you guys can "add very little" why not me?

So provide valid insight on why you think their statement is wrong. I haven't seen anyone criticize Ben or the team in a personal matter, only as it relates to basketball and what is happening on the court. But just like others who want to play fan police, I can't stop you, so you do you. I'd rather hear your thoughts on the game and have a basketball discussion.

St Thomas
Are you really this slow?

It's "The University of St Thomas." UST. Not STU.

The "Minnesota University" ref is the joke. Several recruits have been "blessed to receive an offer from Minnesota University" and were rightfully mocked here.

Adjust your sarcasmeter FFS.

The "Minnesota University" ref is the joke. Several recruits have been "blessed to receive an offer from Minnesota University" and were rightfully mocked here.

Holy **** my bad

Since you asked…

Gophers outscored their opponent 23-6 in the 4th Q to win by 11. Braun and Borowicz went 5/25 and still won.

This is fair game. Women's Basketball today started four star freshmen and one sophomore. All four of the freshmen are rated by ESPN top-100. Like young lions they haven't fully put it together yet but can maul if needed like they did to close the game out.

The men's team is the youngest in the Big Ten. Be patient. Think where they will be next year and next. The team really needs better play from the critical field general point guard spot. Lots of talent at forward.

And this is fair game.

Women's basketball faced a similar situation where a weak Presbyterian basketball team lost to St Thomas in late November and then played Minnesota the very next day. It was a dangerous, potentially-embarrassing game.

So the Gophers kicked their a**.

1671755935639.png

Women's Gophers Basketball also played a weak Chicago State basketball team 10 days ago. A potential embarrassment.

So the women's team kicked their a**.

With four freshmen and 1 sophomore starting. Again, not just any freshmen -- al rated by ESPN top 100.

1671756051234.png

Actually I wrote STU to began with. My error

This is fair game. Women's Basketball today started four star freshmen and one sophomore. All four of the freshmen are rated by ESPN top-100. Like young lions they haven't fully put it together yet but can maul if needed like they did to close the game out.

The men's team is the youngest in the Big Ten. Be patient. Think where they will be next year and next. The team really needs better play from the critical field general point guard spot. Lots of talent at forward.

And this is fair game.

Women's basketball faced a similar situation where a weak Presbyterian basketball team lost to St Thomas in late November and then played Minnesota the very next day. It was a dangerous, potentially-embarrassing game.

View attachment 22648

Women's Gophers Basketball also played a weak Chicago State basketball team 10 days ago. A potential embarrassment.

With four freshmen and 1 sophomore starting. Again, not just any freshmen -- al rated by ESPN top 100.

one More time —-we are NOT the youngest B1G mens basketball team.

Oh, one of those: an arbiter of all true fan behaviors. Get over yourself. Nobody gives a rat's ass about your judgment of proper fan behavior.

I'll admit that I don't understand why some people are still so angry about this team's incompetence. By now everyone following this team should know not to expect much of anything and just try to enjoy whatever morsels of performance they can get. Someday this program will be better but it's not going to be this year. Nevertheless, insisting that people put on a happy face is just absurd.

Thompson was playing alright until he missed that bunny layup. I don't understand why Ben plays him so little but then decides to play him in critical minutes down the stretch instead of Payne? Very confusing.
He's the straw that sties the drink at crunch time.

No. No one wants a line 7 days out for that crap game. But how far off do you think it is really?

It's probably not that far off, it's still jarring to see. I thought you may have seen it on KenPom.

The men's team is the youngest in the Big Ten. Be patient.
Think where they will be next year and next. The team really needs better play from the critical field general point guard spot. Lots of talent at forward.

And this is fair game.

View attachment 22648

View attachment 22649

"The men's team is the youngest in the Big Ten. Be patient."

Where you getting this? Battle Starts- JR, Garcia Starts - Soph, Cooper Starts - Jr, Samuels has been starting - SR, Thompson used to start Soph
We have four freshmen and here and there they have started at different times but not together.
Purdue has 3 freshmen who play more minutes and or start.
We have four freshmen playing...none of them are getting any All Big Ten votes so far this year.
They gotta get better or younger doesn't matter...we'll still be bad.

Why would you say something like that? Kill worked hard building the program up despite his epilepsy, and was an inspiration to people with disabilities. He doesn't deserve comments like that.
Dark humor. Too much Bullet Train...

Top Bottom