Official 2024 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

He met his “social media love for the home team” quota so he’s free to commit elsewhere now
The fact that it looks like he may commit to Oklahoma doesn't mean his interest in Minnesota wasn't genuine.

He had multiple great options, he picked the one he felt was best for him. If he does commit there it is a bummer to lose him but the team has done a great job with local recruits in this cycle so I would rather celebrate the ones that have chosen to stay home as opposed lamenting the ones that got away.

Money and access, yes. Great job after they join the SEC? I doubt it. They struggle often in B12, they'll struggle moreso in SEC.
They struggle often in the B12, you cannot be serious. Oklahoma will always be a better job than Minnesota, and it isn’t even close

2 CB’s for Gilmore to Oklahoma. It looks like he’s gone.
Both those CBs were a confidence level of 6 (Med), so it's not like they are saying they are completely locked in. If Gilmore was 100% locked in why not pull the trigger and announce. I think the longer this goes on and he is away from the OU facilities the better it is for MN. This gives Coach Fleck and DeLattiboudere the chance to get back in his ear. There is a reason he has been to campus on 3 unofficial and 1 official visit. Plus he actually knows some of the MN recruits and is likely seeing some DMs now that he cancelled Oregon visit.

They said the same about Nebraska. How has Nebraska done in Big Ten play again?
Nebraska still has a big ten west title which the gophers don’t. They also pay a lot more than Minnesota. There isn’t a coach in the country that would take the Minnesota job over Oklahoma or Nebraska. Oklahoma being the best job of the three. It’s just way easier to recruit at those programs with their support and NIL. Those programs often get more attendance at their spring games than the gophers do for a rivalry game. The giophers don’t have the boosters or easy access to recruits that Oklahoma has. PJ would have skid marks in his driveway leaving town so quick if he was offered the Oklahoma or equivalent job.

Last edited:

Nebraska still has a big ten west title which the gophers don’t. They also pay a lot more than Minnesota. There isn’t a coach in the country that would take the Minnesota job over Oklahoma or Nebraska. Oklahoma being the best job of the three. It’s just way easier to recruit at those programs with their support and NIL. Those programs often get more attendance at their spring games than the gophers do for a rivalry game. The giophers don’t have the boosters or easy access to recruits that Oklahoma has. PJ would have skid marks in his driveway leaving town so quick if he was offered the Oklahoma or equivalent job.
That’s big talk for someone whose team hasn’t won 6 games in a season since 2016.

Nebraska has never won the West. They did win the legends or leaders division in 2012 though.

Nebraska does not.
Who cares if they pay more if you're going to be fired for not winning the conf within 3 years.
You can't be serious about this.
Attendance and easier recruiting come with much higher expectations(ridiculously higher) that if not lived up to within 3 years will get you fired.
PJ is probably never leaving MN and wouldn't for the OU job for sure.

Nebraska does not.
Who cares if they pay more if you're going to be fired for not winning the conf within 3 years.
You can't be serious about this.
Attendance and easier recruiting come with much higher expectations(ridiculously higher) that if not lived up to within 3 years will get you fired.
PJ is probably never leaving MN and wouldn't for the OU job for sure.
PJ Fleck found a home in Minnesota where he could build his own legacy. He has built a program on a solid foundation that has had its setbacks in the past.

The recruiting will get better, and with that, they are amping up the quality level of the talent that they are recruiting. The Gophers will surprise the national pundits in the next few years.

Last edited:

I am looking forward to seeing how the Offensive Line will do in the next five years. My lord, the Gophers have quite a haul in OL recruiting in the 2023 and 2024 recruiting classes!

Last edited:

Yeah but that doesn’t count to a lot of posters so no real point in bringing it up. :)

I am one of them. The title only matters if you get the bid. Doesn't diminish the season but they were not the champs.

I am one of them. The title only matters if you get the bid. Doesn't diminish the season but they were not the champs.
The B1G Ten officially recognizes Minnesota and Wisconsin as 2019 Co-Champions of the West. We had the same record and Wisconsin beat us head to head. I understand your sentiment, but those were the rules at the time.

The B1G Ten officially recognizes Minnesota and Wisconsin as 2019 Co-Champions of the West. We had the same record and Wisconsin beat us head to head. I understand your sentiment, but those were the rules at the time.

This isn't about rules. I get all of that. This is about how you define a champion. Wisconsin is the champ because they beat us. We can say we "tied for first" if we want to but in this scenario I just don't think we are the champions. (and I dont remember seeing any banners for it though I could be wrong)

If the teams hadn't played each other I would totally agree with calling us "Co-Champs" because then it comes down to tie breakers and the argument can be made either way. Or if it is a scenario like in 1967 when 3 teams tied for the Big Ten Title and they each split with each other then sure. In this case though, nah.

Again that is not a knock on the team or Fleck or the season...that was and is my favorite season of watching the Gophers and I have been watching them a loooooooooong time.

YMMV

24 class could take a hit as S committ Zahir Ranier has been doing some serious flirting with VTech. He has done lots of talking about Minnesota but it could be just that,,,,,,,talk.
The Gophers may be just a parking commitment for Zahir Rainer until he gets an offer from home state school VT. Crystal Ball Predictions have him flipping to VT at 10:00 AM this morning (Evan Watkins of VT Scoop).

The Gophers may be just a parking commitment for Zahir Rainer until he gets an offer from home state school VT. Crystal Ball Predictions have him flipping to VT at 10:00 AM this morning (Evan Watkins of VT Scoop).
Hasn’t he had a VT offer since last year? Seems odd he’d change his mind at this point, only real advantage of going to VT I would think would be getting to stay close to home. We’ve been churning out NFL safeties and VT has fallen off the map post Beamer.

Last edited:

Hasn’t he had a VT offer since last year? Seems odd he’d change his mind at this point, only real advantage of going to VT I would think would be getting to stay close to home. We’ve been churning out NFL safeties and VT has fallen off the map post Beamer.
By golly, you are right. He had his VT offer on 3/20/2023. He took his unofficial to VT on 3/25/2023.

Last edited:

Top Bottom