Official 2023 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Any news on MarJayvious Moss? I know we were pursuing him awhile ago but he never committed anywhere and hasn't signed with anyone. Are we still pursuing him or did we move on from him?

Burns tweeted that both Johnson and Owusu got WI offers yesterday.
1f98dacda2d245bfde42077f94e903f7.jpg

Fleck did say this morning that Owusu showed him negative recruiting texts from WI.

Yeah, that was at the signing day press conference. It has been a good listen but you could tell Fleck was annoyed with some of the things Fickell might have said (who wouldn't).

Fleck just mocked WI for negative recruiting him in texts to Owusu.

This Fickell/Fleck rivalry has started strong.
Not so much strong. But rather ugly in my opinion. Fickell is taking the low road here. Wonder what he preaches to his players and their parents?

It's interesting. I could see Fickel have some level of success there, but I could more see him be a spectacular fail too.

Last edited:

Maryland has signed 3 4* level transfers.
I don't get the appeal of that program.

Lowest attendance in the Big Ten, other than NW it's not even close.
Can't imagine they have much NIL/big boosters?

Other than just being a place to go to start in the Big Ten, why?

I would guess some is proximity to home on the east coast, makes it appealing.

I would guess some is proximity to home on the east coast, makes it appealing.
The area is also a football hotbed. This year, the state of Maryland has 8 4 star+ and 40 star+ recruits. It's a typical year for them.

I would think Under Armour has to have a decent NIL presence there since it was founded by a former Maryland football player.

Yeah I would imagine their NIL and money is way more than Minnesota’s for instance.
If the UA founder was trying to be like Nike's founder to Oregon, I don't think they are doing a very good job. You could still be right, overall, but I don't think it's anywhere near like what Oregon gets.

PJ signing day press conference. You can watch it on Gophersports.
Have the link now: https://247sports.com/college/minne...g-Day-2022-PJ-Fleck-Offense-Quotes-200876388/

OL GREG JOHNSON
Minnesota head coach PJ Fleck: "He's enrolling mid year, and you talk about a guy who looks like he's ready to play even as a freshman. That's very difficult to do in the Big Ten, but you look at his his body and you look at his senior tape. Plus, knowing him as a person with his mind and his emotional intelligence. He's a guy that could help you early on the offensive line.

Now, we'll see when he gets here, but his camp performance was through the roof. He's dreamed of being a Gopher, and that's a huge emphasis to us is to get as many young people here that dream of being a Gopher, just like some of the rivals that we have inside our Big Ten league that dream of being at a couple schools. We need to have way more of those and we're getting way more of those.

He's ranked the number two player in the state of Minnesota. He's a mauler. He is athletic, ranked as a top 20 interior offensive lineman in the nation. And he committed right away. His parents knew that he wanted to be here. He wanted to be here and once we offered him, he was in the boat and that's what you want to see from in-state kids. Especially when they spent a lot of time around here and they already feel like they're part of the team. So he's a special young man special player. He'll be here very shortly, hopefully helping this football team out."

If the UA founder was trying to be like Nike's founder to Oregon, I don't think they are doing a very good job. You could still be right, overall, but I don't think it's anywhere near like what Oregon gets.
Also very likely the UA founder has nowhere near the money that Nike guy does. Under Armour revenue is like 1/8th of Nike.

Funny you say that...cause it basically contradicts everything you said about them when talking abut the Bowl Games.

Maybe these guys just want to go to a "special event game" every so often like their 12 fans do?

Any news on MarJayvious Moss? I know we were pursuing him awhile ago but he never committed anywhere and hasn't signed with anyone. Are we still pursuing him or did we move on from him?
I saw he committed to Memphis. Something doesn't add up.

Top Bottom