Official 2023 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Always seems odd when a guy with multiple power 5 offers has no ranking this late in the recruiting cycle for 2023 guys.
Looks like we offered him fairly early, back in summer. Looks pretty solid on film to me. Seems like a guy that can run and cover, could use another LB in this class.

They typically don’t give us this hard a look. Typically not a good sign for us when MN kids take a long time to announce, hoping it’s the same bad news for Iowa.
With Shaw stepping down, maybe that is making it hard on him to pick Stanford, or even harder than it was to pick them over the in-state Hawks. I don't believe we have any real chance. Either stay home and be a hometown hero, or chase academic excellence, is what he is weighing.

Always seems odd when a guy with multiple power 5 offers has no ranking this late in the recruiting cycle for 2023 guys.
Was a top lacrosse prospect for most of high school and was committed to Notre Dame. Relatively new to football.

With Shaw stepping down, maybe that is making it hard on him to pick Stanford, or even harder than it was to pick them over the in-state Hawks. I don't believe we have any real chance. Either stay home and be a hometown hero, or chase academic excellence, is what he is weighing.
Not sure why he would visit here so many times if he wasn’t seriously considering coming here.

Huh, another late offer at WR...interesting. Anyway, his other P5 offer is from MSU. Couple good CUSA and Sun Belt teams, but seems to be a sleeper...
Must have blown up. 3* with no picture on 247.

Must have blown up. 3* with no picture on 247.
Getting some Bateman vibes off this guy. This kid looks phenomenal, where’s the offers??

Last edited:

There has been a crystal ball placed for Phillip Daniels going to the gophers.

He does have a nice offer list.

University of Rhode Island guy seems to have a ton of offers. Must be a good O lineman. Must be pretty good baller to keep getting December offers.
So, Syracuse offers him on Nov. 30th but he enters the portal on Dec. 1. Am I missing something here?

There has been a crystal ball placed for Phillip Daniels going to the gophers.

He does have a nice offer list.
The guy who gave the crystal ball isn’t wrong very often.

Thought this was interesting. I know PJ and the staff are making the rounds and dropping in on current commits but it didn't dawn on me (it probably should have) they'd drop in on prospects too.

WR committed to Vanderbilt currently

The Maple Grove QB (Jacob Kilzer) was just named POY in Minnesota. Looks like he has a Gopher offer, although I haven't seen anything posted on here. Is that offer a preferred walk-on? I've only seen him play in the Prep Bowl.....anyone who's seen him play more have a scouting report on him? Thanks.

Top Bottom