Official 2023 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Sucks to miss out on Howard, Daniels, Cooley, etc., but if we could land Moss/Fleming at CB, Williams/Newsom at Edge, I would be really happy with the class. Need an interior OL too but no idea who that might end up being.
Id be happy to land one of the four you listed. I don’t think we are in the driver seat for any of them.

Several early deals were for “up to” and the company they signed with was just the middle man promising money… someone else might pay.

One guy signed with some crypto currency and he is paid in crypto… wtf

I suspect there is a lot of real money, but also a lot of empty promises.

Lots of Fools Gold in them there hills.

OK - time to confess.

So I was out walking this (Thurs) morning. Saw a sign in front of a house that said "624 Prospect."

And - I swear this is the truth - my first thought was that it had something to do with recruiting. I was asking myself "what type of a prospect rating is that?"

then, as I kept walking, I realized I was on Prospect Avenue. the sign was a street address...........

I think I'm spending too much time thinking about recruiting.

OK - time to confess.

So I was out walking this (Thurs) morning. Saw a sign in front of a house that said "624 Prospect."

And - I swear this is the truth - my first thought was that it had something to do with recruiting. I was asking myself "what type of a prospect rating is that?"

then, as I kept walking, I realized I was on Prospect Avenue. the sign was a street address...........

I honestly wouldn't be surprised ...

OK - time to confess.

Take the rest of the summer off from recruiting. It’s a clear sign.

I don't know about right now, but there will no doubt be a large pool available later in the year into the spring.
Right. For the 2023 class, guys who can transfer in and help right away next season, those will be mostly added after this coming season is over.

Right. For the 2023 class, guys who can transfer in and help right away next season, those will be mostly added after this coming season is over.
I don't think you can add anyone from the portal at this point and have them count toward the 2022 class, not positive though. I thought you had to enter by a certain date to be eligible for the coming fall, but not positive if they added someone who has been sitting in the portal for a long time.

I don't think you can add anyone from the portal at this point and have them count toward the 2022 class, not positive though. I thought you had to enter by a certain date to be eligible for the coming fall, but not positive if they added someone who has been sitting in the portal for a long time.
Yes I believe you are correct, and I think that date is in May?

Why wouldn’t that be something that is negotiated and inserted into a contract?
Is anyone negotiating for guarantees in these contracts?

Everyone involved has every reason to talk up big numbers ... nobody wants to advertise any downsides.

Why wouldn’t that be something that is negotiated and inserted into a contract?
Most high school and college players are going to have very little leverage when it comes to these deals. Going to pretty much have to take whatever they can get with whatever strings might be attached. Only a small percentage will be in a position to really dictate things.

OK - time to confess.

Hey, if you need someone to talk to or just listen. Some of us might be here for you, probably not most, but maybe 1.

Just remember, its not your fault

CB has Ashley Williams (edge) going to Nebraska! He’ll be announcing he choice later on today at 3 PM CST. He’s down to us and Neb, WTF!? Why are we not getting these recruits?!

CB has Ashley Williams (edge) going to Nebraska! He’ll be announcing he choice later on today at 3 PM CST. He’s down to us and Neb, WTF!? Why are we not getting these recruits?!
He's been a heavy Nebraska lean since the beginning, it was always a stretch for us to get him.

We're at 18 now (10 of which committed in June): https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2023-Football/Commits/

We may -- or may not, I guess it depends on whatever the rules are going to be -- need to save room for portal recruiting season next winter/spring. No telling how many guys they will try to pull from that, and of course we will always lose some to transferring out as well.

So, are we pretty much done adding high school guys to the 2023 class, for the foreseeable near term?

Because when you are up against other power 5 schools you are going to lose a lot of recruiting battles for any number of reasons. Just the way it goes.

When you are clearly a kids best offer it is an "easy" battle to win. When you are going toe to toe with other power 5 schools that won't be the case.

Hopefully we’ll get 4⭐️ DB MarJayvious Moss. It’s between us and Baylor. CB doesn’t show a prediction as of now so that’s good for us.

Most high school and college players are going to have very little leverage when it comes to these deals. Going to pretty much have to take whatever they can get with whatever strings might be attached. Only a small percentage will be in a position to really dictate things.
Yeah. These unproven 18 year olds pulling down multi-million dollar deals and having colleges and fans begging them to play at their school have to take what they can get.

Washington and Iowa State were on him much earlier. Not that that matters, maybe he was hoping and waiting for a Gopher offer. The F-M area isn't exactly the most kind to the Gophers, but we did get the West Fargo Edge.

McCoy and Schuster are the only younger Noses we have on the roster, and I assume Owusu will be a 3-tech. So Davis would be a solid pickup.

Trieu doesn't get many wrong so let's hope he has this one pegged. Would be another nice in-state addition.
Nothing is certain nowadays in the new recruiting climate. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that AT is correct.

Nothing is certain nowadays in the new recruiting climate. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that AT is correct.
Recruiting has always been uncertain. Predicting what an 17-18 year old is going to do has never and will never be easy

Top Bottom