Official 2023 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Just a guess but you probably have to be careful about the offers you extend to anyone you are not 100% sold on but especially if that player is in-state.

In-State kids would seem like the most likely to quickly accept an offer from their home state school if that appeals to them at all.
Fair point. That could be a good factor that I'm not considering.

Just interesting then, the sheer volume of kids in Minnesota that Iowa State has offered the past few years.

I guess clearly they are not worried about having to sign 30 Minnesota kids! Even though Ames is only 3hrs drive down I-35W, but I guess since not in the Big Ten a lot of these kids don't see them much on TV or at Gopher games.

Just a guess but you probably have to be careful about the offers you extend to anyone you are not 100% sold on but especially if that player is in-state.

In-State kids would seem like the most likely to quickly accept an offer from their home state school if that appeals to them at all.
That would explain the “why didn’t we offer that guy?!?!” Stuff that happens everywhere.

Don’t want to burn bridges on a local kid.

Just interesting then, the sheer volume of kids in Minnesota that Iowa State has offered the past few years.

I guess clearly they are not worried about having to sign 30 Minnesota kids! Even though Ames is only 3hrs drive down I-35W, but I guess since not in the Big Ten a lot of these kids don't see them much on TV or at Gopher games.
Iowa State is notorious for blasting out a ton of offers. I actually wonder what they tell kids when they give these supposed offers.

Iowa State is notorious for blasting out a ton of offers. I actually wonder what they tell kids when they give these supposed offers.
Probably like PJ

“first come first serve”

They might also be “non committable” offers.

Probably like PJ

“first come first serve”
Yeah, as long as you are sure you would want the player if they said yes then you tell them the offer is there but if the available spots for their position fill up while they are waiting to make their decision then they are SOL.

Great kid with a great family. Hopefully it works out that he is good enough to punt at the power 5 level and we see him in Maroon and Gold in the future.

I feel like should know the answer to this question, but I don't. A lot of times after a recruit visits there's a picture of them in a gophers uniform. I've always assumed it's been photo shopped...in this case, it really looks like they got him to put on a uniform and pose.

Is it just a good manipulation of pixels?

I feel like should know the answer to this question, but I don't. A lot of times after a recruit visits there's a picture of them in a gophers uniform. I've always assumed it's been photo shopped...in this case, it really looks like they got him to put on a uniform and pose.

Is it just a good manipulation of pixels?

In all cases, they let the recruits do a photo shoot in a uniform and number of their choice. Pretty sure that's a pretty standard practice on visits across the country these days.

In all cases, they let the recruits do a photo shoot in a uniform and number of their choice. Pretty sure that's a pretty standard practice on visits across the country these days.
Yeah, there are certainly times where photo shop comes into play but the absolutely want to get the player in the uniform during their visit for a bunch of photos.

That surprises me but makes sense. Ask any car salesman about the advantages of getting someone behind the wheel.

There’s always the PWO route if he doesn’t land a coveted scholarship. It never hurts to have more than one kicker. Caleb bleeds Maroon and Gold.

Last edited:

Minnesota mentioned as one of the 6 schools he hears from the most.

Will be interesting to see if we make his top 5-6 whenever he decides to announce it.

Would be a fun player to see in our offense with some true athleticism. Would really add an interesting dimension to the RPO that we don’t have right now.

Top Bottom