Official 2022 Roster Status - Who is Returning and who is Leaving

He played less than four other wrs that all return, three of which have multiple years left. So it’s a not a huge loss for the short term. I trust this staff to continue to bring in talented wrs like Hoskins and Anthony Brown, so I’m not chalking it up as a huge loss long term either.
So you don't think a guy who played nine games as a true freshman, ahead of 6-8 guys one or more classes older, does not have a huge upside for improvement?

So you don't think a guy who played nine games as a true freshman, ahead of 6-8 guys one or more classes older, does not have a huge upside for improvement?
Never said that he didn’t have great upside.

Dunlap was not starting because other OL surpassed him. He doesn't have the quick feet of Big Dan.

Not having Fa'alele at RT is going to be an adjustment. I hope he nails a 1st Round Draft Pick. We are going to miss him. If Blaise decides to come back an extra year, we will have one of the most experienced OLs.

Dunlap was not starting because other OL surpassed him. He doesn't have the quick feet of Big Dan.

Not having Fa'alele at RT is going to be an adjustment. I hope he nails a 1st Round Draft Pick. We are going to miss him. If Blaise decides to come back an extra year, we will have one of the most experienced OLs.
I actually think Dunlap was starting to lose reps to Boe towards the end of the season.

Wild guessing, with no news yet on Andries or any new portal guys.

Spring ball 1's:
LT - Ersery
LG - Axel Rusch
C - JMS
RG - Boe
RT - Guedet

2's:
LT - Lewis
LG - Jackson Rusch
C - Shaw
RG - Cooper
RT - Lawrence

True freshmen (first spring): James, Hunter, Purcell, all of which seem like Tackle body types.
This is a solid 5. Bring back Andries and we’ll be in great shape.

I actually think Dunlap was starting to lose reps to Boe towards the end of the season.
He was beaten badly in some games. That is the reason why he is not a regular starter. You can't have a weak link on the Offensive Line. The protection schemes will fail.

I honestly feel he should stick around and suck it up and work hard on his technique. You have to live up to your star billing by working harder than everyone else. Sam Schlueter took a lot of abuse early on. But, he worked hard to get back into the lineup.

I wish him the best in Texas. He was part of the IMG cabal that landed Daniel Fa'alele.

This is a solid 5. Bring back Andries and we’ll be in great shape.
Obviously (I don't know, but would be an easy guess) the boys are pressuring him to come back for one more year.

I don't know what his realistic draft prospects are for this year, and if that will be too good to pass up. I'm sure he's figuring that out right now.

Having JMS next to you at Center, as a battle tested warrior, though certainly makes it easier.

He was beaten badly in some games. That is the reason why he is not a regular starter. You can't have a weak link on the Offensive Line. The protection schemes will fail.

I honestly feel he should stick around and suck it up and work hard on his technique. You have to live up to your star billing by working harder than everyone else. Sam Schlueter took a lot of abuse early on. But, he worked hard to get back into the lineup.

I wish him the best in Texas. He was part of the IMG cabal that landed Daniel Fa'alele.
I hope he does well but I don't really cheer for the guys who quit in the middle of the season.

For all the sh!t, Spencer Rattler gets about being a bad teammate, he played out the year.

Updated with Wiley. Hoping we hear from the undeclared guys at some point in the near future.

Good catch, forgot about that one.
As somebody already pointed out, Clark does not show up as a committed transfer on 247’s list of 2022 Commits. I just checked. Two committed transfers show up, but not Clark. Maybe he’s still in play …

Obviously (I don't know, but would be an easy guess) the boys are pressuring him to come back for one more year.

I don't know what his realistic draft prospects are for this year, and if that will be too good to pass up. I'm sure he's figuring that out right now.

Having JMS next to you at Center, as a battle tested warrior, though certainly makes it easier.
I think his Bachelors was is Actuarial Science, and his Masters is Applied Business Analytics, so he'll be making good $$ if he doesn't go to NFL.

Updated with Blaise to the draft and Cheney to South Florida.

Interesting that all the offensive guys with eligibility left have now made their decisions for 2022 known but none of the defensive guys have. I mean there is the assumption that Mafe and Big O are going pro due to the senior bowl but to the best of my knowledge neither has made it official yet.

Kieft has a chance.
Like Gibbens, if he doesnt get drafted I wouldn’t bet against him earning his way onto someone’s roster. Although, with his new haircut he looks like he is getting ready for a career in the WWE. :)

Someone could use a later pick for him for sure. Either way I think he has a great chance of making an NFL roster as a 3rd TE/H-back/FB.
He seems to grade well with the NFL services or whoever does those grades. I'd take achance on him with one of the 7th roudn draft picks. Speilman, are you lsitening to us *experts* on Gopher Hole?

Is Otomewo a lock? 1 sack this year, 2.5 last year. I would say he is maybe late round or free agent.
Otomewu will be drafted, that's really not even his game. If he plays on obvious passing downs, it's almost always to take up blockers for the blitz packages.

His athletic profile will be really intriguing. He grades out really well by PFF. He can play in both a 4-3 or a 3-4 because of his size.

He will be like St. Juste who will go earlier than a lot of Gopher fans might think.

Otomewu will be drafted, that's really not even his game. If he plays on obvious passing downs, it's almost always to take up blockers for the blitz packages.

His athletic profile will be really intriguing. He grades out really well by PFF. He can play in both a 4-3 or a 3-4 because of his size.

He will be like St. Juste who will go earlier than a lot of Gopher fans might think.

You beat me to it. I agree with all of this. It's not only his size, it's his quick feet to go along with his size.

Top Bottom