Official 2022 Roster Status - Who is Returning and who is Leaving

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Boyd hurts as well. Got playing time over our other older receivers. Had good high school film.
Boyd got playing time due to all the injuries at WR and although he may have gotten in there over some of the other young guys I don't know that I would read a ton into it.

Disappointed to see him go but right now the loss is based mostly on potential for what he could be as opposed to Anderson who we actually saw in action and playing at a pretty high level.

noamfromm

Reaction score
Boyd got playing time due to all the injuries at WR and although he may have gotten in there over some of the other young guys I don't know that I would read a ton into it.

Disappointed to see him go but right now the loss is based mostly on potential for what he could be as opposed to Anderson who we actually saw in action and playing at a pretty high level.
If some combination (or all) of Emilien, Brockington, Adim-Madumere, Udoibok, & Mann were injured then I see your point. But if he was the best of the younger receivers I think it speaks to his ability.

BroncoRedux

Reaction score
The list of guys in the portal looks like a damn good recruiting class.

The list of guys returning with an added year of eligibility look like an elite recruiting class.

The glass is half full!!

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
If some combination (or all) of Emilien, Brockington, Adim-Madumere, Udoibok, & Mann were injured then I see your point. But if he was the best of the younger receivers I think it speaks to his ability.
Clearly the coaches trusted him the most out of that group so yeah it does point to him being most ready to fill in. Not saying he wouldn't have been a good player for us just tough to be sure just how big of a loss it really is. We have some highly touted receivers in the mix who are young and developing.

Reaction score
Weird to see Gordon leaving. We are losing two senior MLB's (honestly I hope Sori-Marin moves on, I still don't think he's athletic enough) Gibbons will be a big loss.

Oliver will be a stud but even if Sori-Marin stays we need depth

GopherPete

Reaction score
Weird to see Gordon leaving. We are losing two senior MLB's (honestly I hope Sori-Marin moves on, I still don't think he's athletic enough) Gibbons will be a big loss.

Oliver will be a stud but even if Sori-Marin stays we need depth
I absolutely hopes MSM comes back. I thought he had a great season and he plays the run really well.

Grant

Reaction score
Another thought as I have been watching the 60 minute replays from the past few years today while “working” - Mo Ibrahim is as good as any college running back in the country. We will see how he comes back from a big injury but damn he is outstanding.

Grant

Reaction score
Yeah, I would be thrilled to have MSM back. He is the Morgan of the defense where he takes way too much crap from some people. He isn't a superstar but he is very solid.
He is fine and I will gladly take him back. But a big opportunity for the D to improve is to improve his spot. Easier said than done.

HoustonTXGopher

Reaction score
Yeah, I would be thrilled to have MSM back. He is the Morgan of the defense where he takes way too much crap from some people. He isn't a superstar but he is very solid.
I have been very critical of MSM in the past, but I have to give that dude his props, he had a solid year and was much more disciplined this year. MSM and Gibbons did a hell of a job this year!

btowngopher

Reaction score
Clearly the coaches trusted him the most out of that group so yeah it does point to him being most ready to fill in. Not saying he wouldn't have been a good player for us just tough to be sure just how big of a loss it really is. We have some highly touted receivers in the mix who are young and developing.
Yeah I don’t think it’s a huge loss for next year anyways, all four wrs that seemingly were ahead of him return.

btowngopher

Reaction score
I have been very critical of MSM in the past, but I have to give that dude his props, he had a solid year and was much more disciplined this year. MSM and Gibbons did a hell of a job this year!
MSM looks good when the rest of the defense is playing well and everyone is doing their job. He’s not going to be a fix all when other guys are blowing their assignments.

Reaction score
I absolutely hopes MSM comes back. I thought he had a great season and he plays the run really well.
I think MSM is great what he does and Rossi clearly trusts him to call the defense out there.

I've just seen too many instances of him not moving sideline-to-sideline well enough against average teams. I know there's trade-offs in every position.

I don't mind him coming back considering the lack of experience we'll have in the front 7 next year.

skyman31

Reaction score
Who all are we losing to graduation that doesn’t have eligibility left?

Gibbens, MDT, Pinckney, Harris, anyone else? Can Ko Kieft come back?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Who all are we losing to graduation that doesn’t have eligibility left?

Gibbens, MDT, Pinckney, Harris, anyone else? Can Ko Kieft come back?

None of those guys can come back. Nor can Durr, Schlueter or Olson.

Some guy

Reaction score
He take a lot of crap because in the first half of 2020 he wasn’t ready yet and was being straight up embarrassed on the field. By the end of 2020 he started to figure it out and in 2021 he was good.

noamfromm

Reaction score
He take a lot of crap because in the first half of 2020 he wasn’t ready yet and was being straight up embarrassed on the field. By the end of 2020 he started to figure it out and in 2021 he was good.
This year he flashed poor eye discipline at times and the opposition had some good runs on the defense. But by and large he was a very serviceable linebacker. I don't know, but I would assume that having Gibbens next to him was a boon

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
This year he flashed poor eye discipline at times and the opposition had some good runs on the defense. But by and large he was a very serviceable linebacker. I don't know, but I would assume that having Gibbens next to him was a boon
Having Aune next to him, was the opposite of a boon. :(

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Had a request to add guys who graduated to the list.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Yeah, he wasn't great at times in 2020 but our DL also didn't do him any favors. It's really hard to be a good LB (especially in our base 4-2-5 defense), if DL struggles. It's almost like being a RB without an OL.

Some guy

Reaction score
Yeah, he wasn't great at times in 2020 but our DL also didn't do him any favors. It's really hard to be a good LB (especially in our base 4-2-5 defense), if DL struggles. It's almost like being a RB without an OL.
A little, but he also was doing little things like lining up incorrectly

I am going to go ahead and say it’s okay to give him some of the blame for his own performance

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
A little, but he also was doing little things like lining up incorrectly

I am going to go ahead and say it’s okay to give him some of the blame for his own performance
And I did. . .

upnorthkid

Reaction score
Any way we could Trouble OP to add where guys end up for transfers out/go if they’re retiring/going into the draft and where we get guys from as we find out?

Top Bottom