Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Is he going to brag about the QB position averaging 10 passing TDs a year?

I like KState, don’t get me wrong. I married a cheerleader from there and wear their apparel. I’ve been to several games there. I cheer for them. It’s a great place. But I think we are in good shape with Knute. I hope so anyways.
You wear Kstate cheerleader apparel?

On the front page of Gopher Illustrated, there is a crystal prediction for a defensive lineman.

If true, puts what I mentioned into another thread in context.

Under Cioracca we recruited a different type of QB. Zac and Jacob.

Hope he keeps his commitment, but if not, then pls do it fast so maybe Kirk can try to find a new QB or bring back Zac or Jacob

Ciarocca definitely recruited some guys that could also run - Armstrong, Maverick McIvor, Max Duggan. Clark and ZA were a back up plan and a walk on, IIRC.

I haven’t been following this super closely but appears Knuth is a big guy that can also run it decently. I‘d think losing Sanford and getting Ciarrocca back would increase QB interest in MN but hard to predict the importance of relationships and personal promises, that sort of thing.

Can't wait for the day Gopher's is no longer considered science development football team. But gotta to lucky with 2 & 3 star players and win big inorder to get 4 & 5 star players.

Ciarocca definitely recruited some guys that could also run - Armstrong, Maverick McIvor, Max Duggan. Clark and ZA were a back up plan and a walk on, IIRC.

I haven’t been following this super closely but appears Knuth is a big guy that can also run it decently. I‘d think losing Sanford and getting Ciarrocca back would increase QB interest in MN but hard to predict the importance of relationships and personal promises, that sort of thing.
They are selling Knuth on starting next year. That would not be the case here.

In English, please.
Yea sounds a little disjointed. Need to proof read my comments. Gophers are considered a development school like Iowa and Wisconsin. The Gopher's are able to move 2 stars to 3 and 3 stars to 4 it would be nice to see them consistently recruit 4 & 5 star players. But as is obvious to most we need to get lucky and start winning big to attract the bigger star players.

Looks like Schwartz’s dad played at Augustana and was drafted in the 2nd round by the Jaguars.

With the advent of the portal, QB recruiting became a lot easier IMO. There are going to be a plethora of available highly rated players every year going forward. If Knuth decommits it will hurt a little bit, but in the grand scheme of things if he doesn’t want to be at MN then shoulder shrug. If he decides to stick then he has a chance to be a star. He looks like a player. Hope he sticks.

With the advent of the portal, QB recruiting became a lot easier IMO. There are going to be a plethora of available highly rated players every year going forward. If Knuth decommits it will hurt a little bit, but in the grand scheme of things if he doesn’t want to be at MN then shoulder shrug. If he decides to stick then he has a chance to be a star. He looks like a player. Hope he sticks.
Kleimen, the head coach at Kansas State, has never shown a liking to starting true freshman at quarterback. The success he has had with quarterbacks was largely, and almost exclusively due, to one of his assistants quarterback coach Hedberg. Hedberg did not follow him to Kansas State. So whatever success Kleimen had with quarterbacks at NDSU is not relevant here.

They are selling Knuth on starting next year. That would not be the case here.
He and his family should be smart enough to know it would probably not be good for him and starting as a freshman is not a reality. This kid has IT but he needs to redshirt.. In my humble opinion he will pass “ on the depth chart” Athan before the end his freshman year..

Not very many if anyone has had the buzz around him as a future p5 in this area.. Chad Greenwood and Riley Rieff are kind of from this area but were low profile recruits..

I wonder who is the back up plan to Knuth, or do we role with three on scholarship next year?

I wonder who is the back up plan to Knuth, or do we role with three on scholarship next year?
I probably end up just rolling with 3, unless it's a HS guy.

An upperclassmen would needlessly complicate the Kramer/Athan role and I don't know why anyone would transfer in to be #4.

Unless you can land a QB recruit you really like late (which is definitely possible because of the musical chairs created by the portal, I would then hit the PWO walk-on group hard. We have an obvious selling point - - there won't be a scholarship QB in your class.

Top Bottom