Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

It's almost stealth mode that we don't hear much about players from the Transfer Portal committing to the Gophers.

Can PJ Fleck pull a miracle haul between now and early NSD on December 15, 2021?

KC2>KC1 with QBs with legs and strong arms.

Sure.

But that is lucking out that a 5-star safety happened to grow up in Altoona, Iowa. A suburb of Des Moines right on I-80, that is 100miles down I-80 from Iowa City.

However, I do give massive kudos to getting the kid to stay home in boring, white, cold, flat as F, windy as F, smelly as F Iowa.

Having a strong program that does a fair amount of winning .... and perhaps some "other" "incentives" maybe .... can get it done.

So far, Gophers have mostly failed to achieve the same with 5-stars who grow up in the Cities.

As with football and basketball, most 5* don't stay home. Iowa's defense is a reason to stay home. Bet he wouldn't be going to Iowa if a 5* QB.
Sure.

But that is lucking out that a 5-star safety happened to grow up in Altoona, Iowa. A suburb of Des Moines right on I-80, that is 100miles down I-80 from Iowa City.

However, I do give massive kudos to getting the kid to stay home in boring, white, cold, flat as F, windy as F, smelly as F Iowa.

Having a strong program that does a fair amount of winning .... and perhaps some "other" "incentives" maybe .... can get it done.

So far, Gophers have mostly failed to achieve the same with 5-stars who grow up in the Cities.

Sure.

Doesn't help that there is like one 5 star per decade.

Rooks (the WR above) has a CB as of this morning to IL.

Hard to offer and get flips from P5 schools this late in the process. Hope they can find some. This years class is a bit lower ranked at this point than I would expect, but I've been happy with development of players in the program.

Hard to offer and get flips from P5 schools this late in the process. Hope they can find some. This years class is a bit lower ranked at this point than I would expect, but I've been happy with development of players in the program.
There is still a couple months if they elect to not sign during the early period. Some of the targets are committed to teams with coaching changes which can shake things up too.

Yeah disappointing.
But it’s a small class and in the same neighborhood as the rest of the big ten west

I was wondering why Fleck was going after more WRs, I guess with the Boyd transfer it makes sense.

My buddy says that TT CB was from before his Gopher official visit. Confirm or deny?
Hadn't a clue, but you're right -- 11/22, and with only medium confidence, so seems it means little. Guess we'll see if another CB is coming and that's what the poster above meant.

Top Bottom