Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Here is what I would genuinely suggest.

Send a PM (private message) to @GopherHole Staff . They are pretty responsive. Ask them if they'd be willing to create a few "news only" threads that are sticky'ed to the top of the board. Clearly, only news (ie Tweets from official-type folks and links) would be allowed.

Maybe they'll do it.

How about nobody posts in a fb recruiting thread until pertinent news is reported. People looking for updates won't have to waste time looking for something that isn't there.
I bet you get mad when people stand up during football games. Keep shaking your fists at those young whipper snappers Gramps.

Here's a link to Jacob Knuth throwing the football around at the Elite 11 camp. He also ran a 4.61.

I watched, at first I thought he didn't have much zip on the ball, then i heard the wind. To me he was good, considering the weather, I'd love to find out which QB at the camp was rated having the best camp.

Here's a link to Jacob Knuth throwing the football around at the Elite 11 camp. He also ran a 4.61.

4.61 is pretty fast for a high school qb if correct. Mahomes ran a 4.8 at the combine. Trey Lance and Russel Wilson are in the 4.5s. Cam Newton 4.59.

I watched, at first I thought he didn't have much zip on the ball, then i heard the wind. To me he was good, considering the weather, I'd love to find out which QB at the camp was rated having the best camp.
I’m pumped about this kid. Seems like a great fit for the offense.

4.61 is pretty fast for a high school qb if correct. Mahomes ran a 4.8 at the combine. Trey Lance and Russel Wilson are in the 4.5s. Cam Newton 4.59.

Yes and he's just finishing up his Junior year.

Size and speed wise, Lance is a good comparison. Knuth is listed as the same height and slightly heavier than Lance was listed at as a Senior in HS.

I’m really intrigued by him as a prospect, if he can work that little hitch out of his throwing motion, I think he could really surprise and maybe even put some heat on Athan in the long term.

Brady ran a 5.4 at the combine.

Working out harder now than what he put into in college? Two different people.

I’m really intrigued by him as a prospect, if he can work that little hitch out of his throwing motion, I think he could really surprise and maybe even put some heat on Athan in the long term.

I'd love to see Clark get some more reps in game action. I have a feeling he's one of those players that plays better in the actual game than he practices. Sample size, 1.

I'd love to see Clark get some more reps in game action. I have a feeling he's one of those players that plays better in the actual game than he practices. Sample size, 1.
I don't wanna see Clark or Kramer in a game unless it's mop-up time. Because if Clark or Kramer start a game, that means Tanner and Annexstad have been injured.

Mahomes is elusive and has a good burst of speed. Wilson too.

No specific news but I noticed that quite a few players have been updated to warm in our 247 prospects list. Top among them is a 4* DE from North Carolina named Eli Hall. Would expect to see things start picking up with the 2022 class in the pretty near future.

Knuth is going to bring Serrano Pepper hot heat on Athan.

No specific news but I noticed that quite a few players have been updated to warm in our 247 prospects list. Top among them is a 4* DE from North Carolina named Eli Hall. Would expect to see things start picking up with the 2022 class in the pretty near future.

Nice. Looks like he has an official visit set up on June 18th as well.....Bixby & Knuth are also visiting that same weekend. Hopefully those two can help seal the deal.

Looks like the weekend before, June 11th, we have 2 players set for visits as well. OLB Jared Badie .86 Rating. And WR Ike White who doenst have a ranking currently

would expect to see the visit list start growing rapidly here.

I am noticing several more "warm" recruits on 247.....any insight on who the next to sign will be? Im hoping for a good WR to jump on board!

I am noticing several more "warm" recruits on 247.....any insight on who the next to sign will be? Im hoping for a good WR to jump on board!
Give me defense! I suffered through Mason for both undergrad and grad school. I loved the Claeys defense with Sawvel coaching the DBs.

Good looking offer list. Not trying to throw barbs at our own team....but with Wake and Virginia as the two other "warms"....do you think that he might be prioritizing potential playing time? Noticed that there isn't an offer from NC.

Good looking offer list. Not trying to throw barbs at our own team....but with Wake and Virginia as the two other "warms"....do you think that he might be prioritizing potential playing time? Noticed that there isn't an offer from NC.
Good point. It would be nice to know that what was once our recruiting strategy (early playing time) is no longer effective.

Gotta admit my first thought is that or that some of these offers are less "comittable"?

It's not like these offer lists are vetted or as solid as we might think.

Otherwise maybe he got his offers and is more of a culture guy and already let those other schools know 'thanks but probably not'.

Good point. It would be nice to know that what was once our recruiting strategy (early playing time) is no longer effective.

I think at certain positions....especially on the offensive side of the ball....early playing time would be a very difficult sell. Defensive line however....always seems like one of those positions that we could use help at. Especially if a kid comes in physically prepared.

Top Bottom