Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

8 out of top 40 are staying in there home state - So for top 40 kids that is a 1 in 5 chance.

Between Chet, Tre, Tyus, Jalen and Hurt we should have got at least 1 of them. If we get 1 of the 5 to pick MN our sentiment is different. To get none is the issue (please Chet). the fact that the U is often times not even considered an option is the true disappointment. We could really build something here in MN, but somehow year over year we get disappointment. I hope Ben turns this around. I have a hard time believing it, but am hopeful. Otherwise we are squandering a time in MN athletics where our Basketball athletes can complete with anyone in the courntry.

8 out of top 40 are staying in there home state - So for top 40 kids that is a 1 in 5 chance.

Between Chet, Tre, Tyus, Jalen and Hurt we should have got at least 1 of them.
But it's still not that simple. Other massive factors include geography (weather) and having a winning team.

Yeah, you're probably right. Just not convinced Fleck is the answer. The final straw was that stunt he pulled against Iowa last year calling a timeout in the last minute when the Gophs were getting their asses handed to them.

Officially taking a few weeks off.
Good...

Between Chet, Tre, Tyus, Jalen and Hurt we should have got at least 1 of them. If we get 1 of the 5 to pick MN our sentiment is different. To get none is the issue (please Chet). the fact that the U is often times not even considered an option is the true disappointment. We could really build something here in MN, but somehow year over year we get disappointment. I hope Ben turns this around. I have a hard time believing it, but am hopeful. Otherwise we are squandering a time in MN athletics where our Basketball athletes can complete with anyone in the courntry.
You can start with those initial odds but then you have to figure in the odds of top athletes choosing mediocre programs. It doesn’t happen (often).

Gopher commit Kristen Hoskins playing in the state tournament for hoops right now. He is not a big fella.

Gopher commit Kristen Hoskins playing in the state tournament for hoops right now. He is not a big fella.
I mean he is only listed at 5'9" and 160 on 247. But are you saying you feel that might be a little generous?

Hard to tell as basketball players are tall but yes.
Does he at least seem really quick? Clearly the coaches feel he will be big enough or can get big enough to compete in the Big Ten.

Does he at least seem really quick? Clearly the coaches feel he will be big enough or can get big enough to compete in the Big Ten.
Basketball doesn’t equal football. But he is athletic.

If you want news and nothing but news .... read a newspaper.
Well, I'm not going to be looking for world news in the f****ng sports section.

If there was a section of the paper called 2022 Gopher Football Recruiting, I would expect to find articles, opinions, jokes, etc. related to 2022 recruiting.

Is is that hard to understand?

If there was a section of the paper called 2022 Gopher Football Recruiting, I would expect to find articles, opinions, jokes, etc. related to 2022 recruiting.
Because this isn't a newspaper.

It's not even like people post stuff here all that much sooner than it gets printed in the STrib. For the most part, people won't take it as true until a known, followed media person (or the player/coach themself, etc.) Tweet it and someone posts that Tweet.

So it's just so silly to pretend like GH should be this super strict place where no one can comment on anything. So silly.

No.

That's a silly rule for a message board, and I'm glad people don't follow it generally.
No it's not a silly rule. There are other forums and threads that are better suited for some of the previous comments. Post them there!
If you want news and nothing but news .... read a newspaper.
Yeah I'll check the Tampa Bay Times for Minnesota football recruiting. Sounds reasonable!

There are other forums and threads that are better suited for some of the previous comments. Post them there!
It was a discussion about recruiting. This is the perfect place.

If the mods decide to enforce your fantasy "news only" thread, fine. Until then, the answer is NO.

Yeah I'll check the Tampa Bay Times for Minnesota football recruiting.
Good point ,the STrib et al never post about recruiting news if the recruit isn't from MN. :rolleyes:

Or, just follow the right people on Twitter, my dude. That gets you the news just as fast as GH does.

Good point ,the STrib et al never post about recruiting news if the recruit isn't from MN. :rolleyes:

Or, just follow the right people on Twitter, my dude. That gets you the news just as fast as GH does.
A. If there was a toilet paper shortage again and the only thing available was the Strib, it still wouldn't be worthy of wiping myself with it.

B. Neither paper is worth the added cost to mail to the Tampa area so I guess that's not an option for me.

C. Not big on Twitter much.

A. If there was a toilet paper shortage again and the only thing available was the Strib, it still wouldn't be worthy of wiping myself with it.

B. Neither paper is worth the added cost to mail to the Tampa area so I guess that's not an option for me.
Honest to goodness - follow the right 5-10 accounts on Twitter, and you'll know as soon as anyone who isn't paying for GI knows.

Then no need to ruin your day by reading non-news posts, that are about recruiting, in the recruiting thread.

It's pretty easy to just scroll until you see someone post something from Twitter indicating news. That's what I do in most threads if I want to avoid the fluff.

Top Bottom