Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to remember TK when he first started playing and was named "Two-minute Tommy." Unfortunately, he started to like the booze too much and became "Tanqueray Tommy." He became quite painful to watch at that point!
Two-Step Tommy is what we called him back in the day. Had the worst offensive line in NFL league history! He had to unload after his second back step or he was getting crushed by a D Lineman. I thought he was ok but got broken early in his career. Gophers are in good shape at the position.

Penn State really wants him. I think its the gophers. Tyler Johnson being his cousin has to help. If he commits we would have a trio of 6'6, long athletic d-ends in Townley, Eastern, and Booker.
I'll be majorly bummed if it's not us

Penn State really wants him. I think its the gophers. Tyler Johnson being his cousin has to help. If he commits we would have a trio of 6'6, long athletic d-ends in Townley, Eastern, and Booker.
Clearly would be awesome. I'll be glad when signing day is here.

I see two time commitment to us Sam Jackson just decommitted from Purdue. That would be the third time he’s done that. (Two with us and one with Purdue)

The QB prospect is seeing six QBs on the current roster. Time is a ticking before NSD.

I see two time commitment to us Sam Jackson just decommitted from Purdue. That would be the third time he’s done that. (Two with us and one with Purdue)
Any buzz about where he is headed?

I assume somewhere that will let him play QB.
I'm torn on this kid and his flopping around.

One part of me respects his chasing his dream of playing QB in college and reaching for that chance.

The other is his inability to stick with a commitment time and time again. At some point in ones life we need to listen to those that know more about things that we think we know. I fully understand that some coaches will tell him what he wants to hear to gain his services.

Happy to hear PJ was upfront in how he would be used at MN. Regardless, good luck kid and lets move on -again.

One part of me respects his chasing his dream of playing QB in college and reaching for that chance.

The other is his inability to stick with a commitment time and time again. At some point in ones life we need to listen to those that know more about things that we think we know. I fully understand that some coaches will tell him what he wants to hear to gain his services.

Happy to hear PJ was upfront in how he would be used at MN. Regardless, good luck kid and lets move on -again.
Tre Lance was told by MN that he wasn't going to play QB and he went to NDSU and now will be a top NFL QB draft pick. If a kid wants to play a position, there are over 100 teams to choose from and he should pick the one that is the best fit and allows him to follow his dreams.

It is a joke, flighty kid. The TG QB is smarter, bigger 220, and stronger arm, and is almost 1 year younger. The kid will play WR somewhere and flake out.

I think the timing is part of it too sometimes.

We got Green supposedly after Oregon told him that he wasn't going to be a QB. Maybe we told him he'd get a shot with us.... didn't work out that he was a QB, but I don't blame anyone for chasing their dream.

Tre Lance was told by MN that he wasn't going to play QB and he went to NDSU and now will be a top NFL QB draft pick. If a kid wants to play a position, there are over 100 teams to choose from and he should pick the one that is the best fit and allows him to follow his dreams.

I don't begrudge anyone chasing their dreams of playing a particular position. I also don't tend to get upset when kids decommit during the recruiting process. It sucks as a fan but these are teenagers making a huge life decision so it is understandable that they might have second thoughts.

But Jackson's situation has gotten kind of ridiculous. Someone needs to explain what the word commitment means to him. If you truly don't know where you want to go to college then keep your recruitment open the way lots of recruits do. To commit, decommit, recommit, decommit, commit to a different school, and then decommit is pretty excessive.

It is a joke, flighty kid. The TG QB is smarter, bigger 220, and stronger arm, and is almost 1 year younger. The kid will play WR somewhere and flake out.
The TG QB is slow and lacks quickness compared to the 4-star athlete Sam Jackson not to mention Jackson has a good arm. The TG QB has a weak arm in comparison to Jackson. Not even close. The TG QB is taller than Jackson I will give you that but he is not really very tall. I think most of us here are taller than Jackson. Jackson is a great athlete and if he goes to Notre Dame, wow. Maybe he comes back here and plays DB or WR. I would be fine with that.

I don't begrudge anyone chasing their dreams of playing a particular position. I also don't tend to get upset when kids decommit during the recruiting process. It sucks as a fan but these are teenagers making a huge life decision so it is understandable that they might have second thoughts.

But Jackson's situation has gotten kind of ridiculous. Someone needs to explain what the word commitment means to him. If you truly don't know where you want to go to college then keep your recruitment open the way lots of recruits do. To commit, decommit, recommit, decommit, commit to a different school, and then decommit is pretty excessive.
Coaches don't even follow this all the time. Coaches pressure and put kids on timelines to commit. This kid seems to be the type that wants his spot, but will take the best offer all the way up until he signs and then he will probably transfer 1-2 times.

I'd like both Davon Townley and Sam Jackson to be Gophers.

I think Penn State with Ciarrocca must be really after Townley. I will be happy if he decides to stay home.

247Sports have Jackson as a lock for Notre Dame. He'd be a real threat like Seth Green in the Gophers scheme of things.

We have not been able to really see the synergy between Mike Sanford, Jr. and Matt Simon with pandemic ridden season. This is a frustrating season for all involved.

The TG QB is slow and lacks quickness compared to the 4-star athlete Sam Jackson not to mention Jackson has a good arm. The TG QB has a weak arm in comparison to Jackson. Not even close. The TG QB is taller than Jackson I will give you that but he is not really very tall. I think most of us here are taller than Jackson. Jackson is a great athlete and if he goes to Notre Dame, wow. Maybe he comes back here and plays DB or WR. I would be fine with that.
Well, what do you consider slow for a 17 year old? He runs a 4.8 40, that is faster then Morgan. He is able to throw the ball over 60 yards, Morgan most likely cannot throw that far. He is around 6'3" 220, Lance was 195 going into college. Sam is around 5'10", I was competing at a camp with both of these guys for a day a few years ago, in which both were paired up, they were tied during the shuttle race, as soon as they sprinted Jackson has more straight away speed, he will make a very good slot/WR. The TG kid took engineering calculus through the Univerity this year and got an A, I would like to see what grade these guys would get in engineering Calc as a HS kid? This blog knows my opinion in this kid, I predict he will have the most successful college career.

Well, what do you consider slow for a 17 year old? He runs a 4.8 40, that is faster then Morgan. He is able to throw the ball over 60 yards, Morgan most likely cannot throw that far. He is around 6'3" 220, Lance was 195 going into college. Sam is around 5'10", I was competing at a camp with both of these guys for a day a few years ago, in which both were paired up, they were tied during the shuttle race, as soon as they sprinted Jackson has more straight away speed, he will make a very good slot/WR. The TG kid took engineering calculus through the Univerity this year and got an A, I would like to see what grade these guys would get in engineering Calc as a HS kid? This blog knows my opinion in this kid, I predict he will have the most successful college career.
Going to be hard to compare since TG kid is going to saint thomas, and Jackson has a good chance of never playing qb.

He had the best performance as a QB in the Adidas All- American game his freshman year. Just saying.
That’s awesome that his parents paid money to get him in an “all American game”

also awesome that of all the families that paid to have their kid in an all American game he was better than the other kids who had families that paid

I thought about paying to have my nephew in an all American game but I decided to burn the money instead

He had the best performance as a QB in the Adidas All- American game his freshman year. Just saying.

Don't want to get into another long run of posts about your boy but if he has torn it up at camps and outperformed players rated much higher than him then why is he rated so low with no power 5 interest? I know you will want to blame it on being from Minnesota but has to be more too it than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom