Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the problem, the kid can go to a ivy league school, play a ton get his degree and make truckloads of money. The Gophers kid the kid they like more.

Here’s a recent video of Kristoff and his class of 2028 brother throwing. Little bro might be worth a look in a few years, tbh.

per Mike:

1. FIVE PROGRAMS THAT COULD FINISH WITH A TOP-25 CLASS

There are a few teams that could make a run at a Top 25 recruiting finish for the first time in years.

Iowa — Iowa hasn't finished in the top 25 since 2005, but that could change with the 2021 class. The Hawkeyes will have to improve their average star ranking from 3.12 to stay in the top 25, but it can be done. Iowa is having a very good recruiting year.

Minnesota — The last time the Gophers finished in the top 25 was 2008. They have the same number of commitments as Iowa and the same average star ranking, so work needs to be done, but PJ Fleck is doing well.

Utah — OK, it hasn’t been that long for the Utes as they signed a top-25 class in 2017, but it doesn't happen that often. This is a tough projection because Utah only has four commitments right now, but the Utes are doing a better job staying in with bigger names in the last couple of cycles.

Wisconsin — The Badgers have never finished with a top-25 class in the history of Rivals.com, but they have an outside shot in 2021.

West Virginia — The 'Eers last finished with a top-25 class in 2013 but have a shot this year. They have two four-star commits already and will have a chance at the top 25 if things break their way.

Go Gophers!!

Here’s a recent video of Kristoff and his class of 2028 brother throwing. Little bro might be worth a look in a few years, tbh.

looks like the place he is practicing at...SJU...would be a perfect spot for him

Fred, you're looking strange these days. Can't put my finger on it. Did you shave off your beard or something...
I had no idea what a mask kept on 24/7 for several weeks...no exceptions, would do to a guy. But, the scabs have healed over and the dental work is done, so I'm as good as new!Gopher_Mask_removed.jpg

He also camped with the Gophers several times, but that was way back when PJ had hair. Less hair = cooler head = he cooled on Kristoff.

5330378.jpg
Dude looks like Anthony Michael Hall back in the day. Not from Johnny B Good, but Weird Science and Breakfast Club.

Kristoff has options. I get wanting to go to highest level possible...but Ivy League offers dont sound bad either. Hope he has a great career somewhere

"due to recent situations" ???

Tough month here....losing Sam Jackson, Albert Regis, and now D'Marion Alexander.

I have no doubt that we'll fill the spots with quality players though. This is all part of the process.

Alexander decommits:

Go Gophers!!
Hate to lose a guy that seemed so bought in to MN as well as a hard worker.
As a player he has a good frame, he was probably the rawest prospect we had committed so it would have taken a 2-3 years minimum to see if he could really develop into someone who can play at a high level. Not a very high ranked recruit for us this year so I don't think he will be the hardest prospect to replace but it still sucks to lose recruits regardless of there ranking.

"due to recent situations" ???

Tough month here....losing Sam Jackson, Albert Regis, and now D'Marion Alexander.

I have no doubt that we'll fill the spots with quality players though. This is all part of the process.
Could mean so many different things, we may never know unless he comes out and says exactly what he means.
The recent riots throughout the city paired with the local leaders not being able to control the situation, the amount of recent shootings, something bad happened within his family, heard of a different D-end recruit who was gonna commit, etc.

Last edited:

After so much good news on the recruiting front, it seems like its only been bad news in recent weeks. I've got a lot of confidence in Fleck and his staff to rebound from this, but hopefully we've had our share of decommits for this cycle.

I think most/all of these haven't even been on campus. Mix in covid and you'll see plenty of movement in all programs between now and December.

His little brother is a stud! Really athletic and strong, he has been training with his older brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom