Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Athan Kaliakmanis - Antioch - 2019 Junior Highlights

When you check out his video, we captured another shooting Star. Gophers are blessed to have him

He can really sling the ball in there. In that highlight he makes a lot of the same throws that Fleck likes to scheme up in his offense. I think he will be a really good fit for the system. The staff does a nice job of finding skill guys with traits that fit the scheme they run

We're going to lose a lot of good recruits. Burning down the police station will scare people away.

We're going to lose a lot of good recruits. Burning down the police station will scare people away.

What is happening right now may certainly have some impact on recruiting but while Minneapolis is in the spotlight right now due to what happened to George Floyd it isn't like this is a uniquely Minnesota issue.

Incidents like this have happened all over the country, so while some teams may try to use what happened to Floyd against us I don't think it will have a massive impact on the class of 2021.

What is happening right now may certainly have some impact on recruiting but while Minneapolis is in the spotlight right now due to what happened to George Floyd it isn't like this is a uniquely Minnesota issue.

Incidents like this have happened all over the country, so while some teams may try to use what happened to Floyd against us I don't think it will have a massive impact on the class of 2021.

This is symptomatic of what is happening nationally over a long period of time. For other colleges to take advantage of that is sad and very underhanded.

I doubt we lose any recruits because of this.
Exactly! This happens everywhere. This doesnt show the true twin cities. 4 dumbass cops dont represent who the twin cities are! By the time everyone gets back to school this will be 3 months old! If you lived on campus right now would you feel unsafe? I would hope not!

Exactly! This happens everywhere. This doesnt show the true twin cities. 4 dumbass cops dont represent who the twin cities are! By the time everyone gets back to school this will be 3 months old! If you lived on campus right now would you feel unsafe? I would hope not!
I think it does reflect reality for some people. Minneapolis is 79% white and minorities feel the racism a great deal in Minnesota. Whites simply aren't used to being around minorities and it is knowing people from different cultures, races, ethnicities, and sexual orientations that eliminates racism, discrimination, fear, hate etc. I would also say that there are plenty of women who do not feel safe on campus. The police in Minneapolis have a history of supporting males over women and whites over minorities. Right now, Minneapolis looks awful in the eyes of the nation and it's not getting better as this drags on. Without charging the cops with murder it will remain in the headlines...this is already two days where it was the lead story in every state in the country. That can't help recruiting...it just can't.

I think it does reflect reality for some people. Minneapolis is 79% white and minorities feel the racism a great deal in Minnesota. Whites simply aren't used to being around minorities and it is knowing people from different cultures that eliminates racism. I would also say that there are plenty of women who do not feel safe on campus. The police in Minneapolis have a history of supporting males over women and whites over minorities. Right now, Minneapolis looks awful in the eyes of the nation and it's not getting better as this drags on. Without charging the cops with murder it will remain in the headlines...this is already two days where it was the lead story in every state in the country. That can't help recruiting...it just can't.

Don't think anyone would argue that this won't have a negative impact of some kind on recruiting. But I also don't think it will be catastrophic and I feel confident that Fleck will be able to mitigate the potential damage to a great degree with recruits and their families.

Don't think anyone would argue that this won't have a negative impact of some kind on recruiting. But I also don't think it will be catastrophic and I feel confident that Fleck will be able to mitigate the potential damage to a great degree with recruits and their families.
I agree! I dont think it will hurt too much. Nowadays you just have no idea no matter where you live. I live in a great area in suburban chicago and so many years ago 8 people were killed in a fast food restaurant. Didnt make me feel like I was in danger, but you just never know. I am also white so obviously dont want to speak for the minorities. So much is gonna change with this pandemic and decommits. Be interesting to see what happens.

I agree that it doesn't show the true Twin Cities but the rest of the world has no way of knowing that. Perception is reality and the perception is as bad as it gets. Minneapolis and Minnesota look truly awful right now. Those national news stories are also starting to bring up Fernando Castille, the Noor shooting, the $3 million suffocation death settlement that the Mpls police just paid out a couple of years ago, etc., etc., etc.

What has gone on in our nation and this event shows why the culture Fleck is bringing to this football program is needed. Fleck is recruiting young men who want to be elite at football but also be outstanding men academically and socially. Knowing that Minneapolis will be at the center of social transformation because of what has taken place will only add to the importance of the culture and impact one can have.

He can really sling the ball in there. In that highlight he makes a lot of the same throws that Fleck likes to scheme up in his offense. I think he will be a really good fit for the system. The staff does a nice job of finding skill guys with traits that fit the scheme they run
He also looks to have that feel to move around in the pocket showing great instinct and execution and yes -- that golden touch. We're in for something BIG with all our recruits

I'm most surprised/impressed by his speed. Kid appears to have some wheels.

Wiltfong on 247 changed Austin Booker to 10 confidence points (LOCK) for us. I would expect to see that commitment coming soon. The guy is 227 for 228 on recruit predictions for 2021 class. I'd love to see him commit tonight or tomorrow just to make the point that we're strong and life goes on through all this. Get some dialogue going towards positivity.

Booker is built like a college player already and has a very impressive offer list. Looks like a really solid addition to the class.

From watching that five minute highlight video, he looks like a natural rush end for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom