Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin Barber just committed! Shesh Fleck is absolutely slaying this recruiting class. Man its fun to have a great coach and rising program

Our QBs should be happy about the most recent commits.

New crystal ball. Would we take Townley and Booker?

I could see Eastern probably kicking inside which would make taking three edge rushers easier (assuming Alexander is an edge rusher). According to a tweet from a couple weeks ago, Eastern said he was weighting around 270 and he looks like he could still add a decent amount more of good weight.

If we pull in Booker, he’ll be one of my favorites in the class. Really explosive for a kid his size...bit like Jah Joyner that way.

I could see Eastern probably kicking inside which would make taking three edge rushers easier (assuming Alexander is an edge rusher. According to a tweet from a couple weeks ago, Eastern said he was weighting around 270 and he looks like he could still add a decent amount more of good weight.

If we pull in Booker, he’ll be one of my favorites in the class. Really explosive for a kid his size...bit like Jah Joyner that way.
I was thinking Alexander might end up as a LB. Maybe a combo role

Fleck has brought in 25 twice and 24 twice during his time here. I would expect to see around the same number. I haven't done any math on what the scholarship situation looks like right now but I wouldn't expect the football team to take any scholarship hits because of the Covid situation. Football will bring the money back in once it's back up and rollin.
You'd think it would create a lot of competition and possible transfers out down the line here but I trust in how that happens with PJ.
But right now we've got 18 commits. Then Booker and Townley strong crystal balls. Hopefully lock those guys in and call it 20. Go from there.

Last edited:

Wow! What a fricken day!

this boat just got way more weighted down today!!

Guessing Michigan?
Maybe. One thing that gives me a little optimism is Michigan just had a highly ranked 4star LB commit today. That makes 3 LB in this class for UM. Maybe not a coincidence that same day Hood says he will announce to tomorrow. Maybe UM told Hood they are holding the spot for Colson, and if Colson goes elsewhere then Hood can commit. Since Colson committed, Hood knows he doesn’t have a spot there and will commit to his next place in line. That’s what I’m wishfully thinking.

I’ve seen Hood interacting quite a bit with gopher affiliates on twitter. Today he was replying to steven Ortiz dad’s post about family vacation to Miami. I think it will be either us or UM

Maybe. One thing that gives me a little optimism is Michigan just had a highly ranked 4star LB commit today. That makes 3 LB in this class for UM. Maybe not a coincidence that same day Hood says he will announce to tomorrow. Maybe UM told Hood if Colson doesn’t commit, the spot is his, otherwise they don’t have a spot for him. Since Colson committed, Hood knows he doesn’t have a spot there and will commit to his next place. That’s what I’m wishfully thinking.

I’ve seen Hood interacting quite a bit with gopher affiliates on twitter. Today he was replying to steven Ortiz dad’s post about family vacation to Miami. I think it will be either us or UM
If we get Hood that would be amazing

They dropped him to scout look for us on 247. Idk

per Megan:

There are now 18 commitments in the Gophers 2021 recruiting class, which ranks No. 3 in the Big Ten and No. 9 nationally on 247Sports.com. James, the 30th best offensive tackle and eighth best prospect in Illinois in 2021, is the sixth four-star recruit in Minnesota's class, according to the site's rankings.

Go Gophers!!

I'm hoping to see a commit from Booker from Indiana tomorrow. Sounds like he's close to a lock. Would love to see Townley from North lock it in with us here too.

In other news, Ratzlaff now a 4 star by 247 rating. May have already been reported

Today was a huge day. Certainly had a need for some O-Line commits, and it definitely looks like we added two very solid players in James & Barber. Need to be strong in the trenches.

Crystal ball for Otto Hess to Boston College at the moment. It's interesting how some of these commits fall like dominoes after a certain commitment happens. I'm sure there's a pecking order through the process for both college coaches and HS players in how things play out.

Booker would be a nice get also. Crystal ball for us there. Another kid with a very solid offer list.

After today, what else do we have for needs with this class? The boat is filling up. Great to see.

Great day filling a position of need!
I'd say we'd like one 1 OL at least, at least 1 more DL, and then hopefully 2 more LB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom