Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don’t trade Brusdar Graterol you idiots.
How about we play in the present for once? Maeda on paper qualifies as our #1 starter.
By anybody’s analysis he is our third best starter and proven with playoff experience.
For a guy who may never stay healthy or is destined for the bullpen. Brusdar is potential.
Maeda helps us this season and he is affordable salary wise giving us some flexibility to add more guys in the future.

How about we play in the present for once? Maeda on paper qualifies as our #1 starter.
By anybody’s analysis he is our third best starter and proven with playoff experience.
For a guy who may never stay healthy or is destined for the bullpen. Brusdar is potential.
Maeda helps us this season and he is affordable salary wise giving us some flexibility to add more guys in the future.
Yep, you can't hold 30 players with potential forever. Either they need to be in the majors or you trade a few for guys you can use right now. I like the trade.

I bet he's so woke.
Since you, completely unnecessarily, brought your conservative culture crusade into this — GOOD!

So long as we can’t get him and he doesn’t choose another Big Ten school, then I’m glad he went to one of the most liberal (and also best, period) schools in the country! Just because it pisses you off! Hahahah

I've always thought 2 to 3 defensive tackles a class was a must. I have been wrong before.
I think we have a couple that have been here three seasons now and haven’t contributed on the field. Those are guys you’d like to target as “show me something this spring ball, or else you might want to think about transferring”.

I'd like to see some OTs in this recruiting class.

First time going to the 247 site this year and looking at our prospects list. I can't remember us with this high interest or top targets being 4 stars at this stage in the recruiting cycle. Normally we are not part of the conversation with these type of recruits even with an offer, so 247 put the recruit on our page. Not sure if it is new found respect from 247 or if this is a demonstration of the types of conversations Fleck is getting. Either way looks like it could be a fun recruiting year.

First time going to the 247 site this year and looking at our prospects list. I can't remember us with this high interest or top targets being 4 stars at this stage in the recruiting cycle. Normally we are not part of the conversation with these type of recruits even with an offer, so 247 put the recruit on our page. Not sure if it is new found respect from 247 or if this is a demonstration of the types of conversations Fleck is getting. Either way looks like it could be a fun recruiting year.

I haven't followed our offer lists in the past but it does feel like we are in on a lot of higher level recruits then has been the case traditionally.

The Gophers seem to be getting more amd more higher three star athletes.

Offensive line recruiting is very competitive. There are not very many four star athletes available after most of them are gobled up by the upper tier P5 programs. The Gophers have to develop their own four stars. Ergo, IMO it will be nice to get three OL recruits each year for such an important position.

The Gophers Offense started improving when the O-line play started improving. Getting both Faalele and Dunlap was a major recruiting victory for the Gophers. I don't ever recall the Gophers getting two four star offensive linemen on the same recruiting class before that.

It takes two or three years of development for offensive linemen to be Big Ten ready. The Gophers need to cover loses due to attrition. I'd like to see a minimum of fifteen or sixteen O-linemen on the roster both scholarship players and PWOs.

Missouri offered Eastern last night. According to Burns, Missouri, Wisconsin and Iowa are recruiting him hard right now.

The Gophers seem to be getting more amd more higher three star athletes.

Offensive line recruiting is very competitive. There are not very many four star athletes available after most of them are gobled up by the upper tier P5 programs. The Gophers have to develop their own four stars. Ergo, IMO it will be nice to get three OL recruits each year for such an important position.

The Gophers Offense started improving when the O-line play started improving. Getting both Faalele and Dunlap was a major recruiting victory for the Gophers. I don't ever recall the Gophers getting two four star offensive linemen on the same recruiting class before that.

It takes two or three years of development for offensive linemen to be Big Ten ready. The Gophers need to cover loses due to attrition. I'd like to see a minimum of fifteen or sixteen O-linemen on the roster both scholarship players and PWOs.

Man I hope we're bringing in good OL guys because even if there was improvement ... I feel like Morgan's absolute fearlessness still made that OL look way better than it was. Anyone else back there and we would have piled up a lot more Ls and we would be saying different things about the OL.

Personally I'm ready for an all OL crooting year.... /s ... /s

Missouri offered Eastern last night. According to Burns, Missouri, Wisconsin and Iowa are recruiting him hard right now.

Hope he sticks with the home team. Nothing better than being a home town hero. His physical, potential looks awesome.

glad we offered early! and glad we got a commitment early! now just gotta hold on!

Go Gophers!!

Nice 4-Star solid player. He would be a great recruiting coup if the Gophers can get a commitment from him. Aren't these the type players the Gophers normally don't even consider seriously offering in the past?

Is the jury still out on Mike Morris?

There was a funny story a few years back when Mike Morris was playing for the Vikings.

This is what I recalled: His parents-in-laws came to town for a visit. He needed make a run to Cub Foods. His In-Laws green Dodge Caravan was blocking his car. So, he borrowed the in-laws' mini-van. He got out of Cub Foods, got into a green mini-van and drove away.

Not too long after that, a caravan of Apple Valley police cars came barreling his way and pulled him over with guns drawn.

Apparently, he unknowingly got into the wrong green min-van that was a few parking spots away that belonged to a woman who was frantic seeing her mini-van being driven away. She called the police.

It took awhile to sort things out. Apparently, his in-laws car key worked on the woman's mini-van. After they sorted things out with laughter, all went well.

Last edited:

Nice 4-Star solid player. He would be a great recruiting coup if the Gophers can get a commitment from him. Aren't these the type players the Gophers normally don't even consider seriously offering in the past?

These are the type of players that the Gophers used to offer all the time....but never really seriously considered playing for us in the past.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Gophers</a> OT commit <a href="https://twitter.com/LoganPurcell5?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@LoganPurcell5</a> has no issues using that athletic ability of his <a href="https://t.co/TUGB0sFaQd">https://t.co/TUGB0sFaQd</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Burns (@RyanBurnsMN) <a href="">March 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom