Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Yup, I was hoping Amir Watt was the crowning signing other than Coughlin for the defense.

We need a home run at DT or DL.

We don't need a home run, just 4-5 solid recruits. 2-3 DEs and 2-3 DTs. From high school.

Noah Gindorff also camps this weekend and there has been talk on 247, etc that if he has another solid showing like he did at The Opening in Chicago that an offer could be on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

is it just me or does it seem like half of our offers (okay maybe not quite half) out there are for DB's? I know someone out there is going to do the math for me and give me a % of offers that are to DB's...seen this movie before on this board

is it just me or does it seem like half of our offers (okay maybe not quite half) out there are for DB's? I know someone out there is going to do the math for me and give me a % of offers that are to DB's...seen this movie before on this board

We've offered 24 DB's according to 247 sports. 112 players total: http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Offers

But you are right, we have offered a good amount of DB's, especially lately.

And theeeeeere's more! We will throw in two lemon juicers! Wait there even more! If you order now, you get not one, not two, but three Ginsu knives! Order now! Operators are standing by!

Don't forget the handy cap snaffler. It snaffles caps off all size bottles, jugs, and jars and it rilly, rilly works.

I'm amazed how much attention Cleays gives to Oline ... Especially juco... While everyone on on GH thinks we're thin on the Dline..

I'm amazed how much attention Cleays gives to Oline ... Especially juco... While everyone on on GH thinks we're thin on the Dline..
Its obvious, Claeys needs to visit this board more often

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Recruiting two (possibly three) JUCOs is an indication that Claeys doesn't believe we have enough guys (or the right ones) ready to play this season and next on the OL. I think most on GH who are concerned about the DL are more concerned about two years down the road -- numbers in the freshman and sophomore classes.

Recruiting two (possibly three) JUCOs is an indication that Claeys doesn't believe we have enough guys (or the right ones) ready to play this season and next on the OL. I think most on GH who are concerned about the DL are more concerned about two years down the road -- numbers in the freshman and sophomore classes.

I think it also has to do with losing several upperclassmen that they maybe weren't expecting to (Lauer, Hayes, Mayes, Bobek). Without the JUCOs, I think we have only 1 SR and 1 JR OL.

Here's what matters in this recruiting class:

1. D-lineman
2. D-lineman
3. D-lineman
4. O-lineman

O-line is sitting pretty well with 2 good commits. D-line appears to be in yet another funk, with no commits and no one even on the radar.
Great post, exactly right.

Yup, I was hoping Amir Watt was the crowning signing other than Coughlin for the defense.

We need a home run at DT or DL.
I would be thrilled with three doubles at DT, like we had two classes ago, while we can still redshirt at least two of the three, if not all three.

This is also exactly right, although a really good DE is about all we need to have a good defense by mid season. We will have to rotate guys at the rush end position depending on the situation just as we have the last couple of years.
I am now confident Miler will get guys he can build into olinemen, he is recruiting his ass off, and he knows what he wants. But that still leaves us with no high probability future starters in the lower two classes at DT or DE. I have heard good things about Winston D., but at this point I want to see it on the field before I get excited. If either Devers or T Johnson work out, and I think there is a chance at least one of them will, we'll be okay at the rush DE position.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Woodbury Bulletin: Woodbury Football: Bursch gets offer from Gophers

Woodbury rising senior Nathan Bursch received an official scholarship offer from the Gophers on Wednesday morning.

Bursch also has offers from North Dakota, South Dakota, and South Dakota State to go along with interest from Eastern Michigan.

Bursch had a dominant showing at the Gophers camp, according to Royals football coach Andy Hill, which makes the timing of the scholarship offer understandable.

A 6-foot-5 athlete with room to grow into his current 235-pound frame, Bursch projects as a tight end at the next level. He also played offensive line and defensive line for the Royals this past season.

http://www.woodburybulletin.com/spo...4-woodbury-football-bursch-gets-offer-gophers

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!
Whoa, we sure we want this one? He didn't say "blessed" about the offer. Ungrateful? Low character?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

Any word of Brett Kitrell's visit today? Is he going to pull the trigger and commit to the GOphers, or is he going to hold out for a home state Nebraska offer?

Top Bottom